PDA

View Full Version : SC-805 not taking cd's

jdavis
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 16:23
Hi guys, i ejected a disk from my CD player the other day, the eject mechanism seemed to continue running afterwards for a bit. now everytime i turn car on it runs like it's trying to eject disk. it won't pick up any CD's i try and put in it either.
any tips?

p fandango
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 16:34
my old mans is doing the same & read quite a few others doing the same, think there's a little plastic part inside that breaks

princepugh
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 20:34
If this is the problem I think it is, there's a fix for it. Basically there's a tiny little micro switch near the CD mechanism which gets stuck in the wrong position but it can be fixed just by pushing it in again.

I'll see if I can dig out the old article I followed to fix the SC on my phase 1 V70.

** update **

The fault I'm think of is on the SC816 unfortunately...

http://www.volvospeed.com/Repair/sc816.htm

gmain1967
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 20:51
I was lead to believe that the SC805 is the same, and also has a microswitch, also located behind the rhs rail. If I get time tomorrow, I'll remove mine and have a look.

princepugh
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 20:56
I was lead to believe that the SC805 is the same, and also has a microswitch, also located behind the rhs rail. If I get time tomorrow, I'll remove mine and have a look.

Cool - defo worth a try then.

jdavis
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 09:27
brilliant, thanks guys. will give that a try this morning.

jdavis
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 09:42
brilliant stuff guys, a two minute job! save's me having to buy a new one.