PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Major Problem!

Trudge
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 19:45
My Key Fob has decided to stop working with car locked and immobilised. If I open the door with the key the alarm goes off and the car is still immobilised. I have lost count of the number of times I have pressed "unlock" with no joy. I don't think its a dead battery as if I press the lock button the you can hear the mechanism and the lights flash as usually happens when you lock the car. Any workarounds or advice would be most welcome as I fear this may turn out to be quite expensive.

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 19:59
Try reading this thread, may be of some help. I presume that's a V70 in you avatar?...

Thread Linky... (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2761&highlight=alarm+fuses)

Trudge
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 20:08
Thank you for that Tomcat! Sorry I should have posted in the thread it is a 1998 V70.

Would the method work for programming a secondhand fob (which I intend getting hold of as soon as I can........cue a wanted ad!) or would that have to be done "professionally"?

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 20:17
I think it should work, what year is your V70?.

Trudge
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 20:20
It is a 1998 V70 and was originally registered in your part of the world I believe.

Tomcat
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 21:34
Cool, yeah it should work fine because your car is an early one.