PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikT5
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 10:22
Hi all
I am new to posts, please go easy on me lol, but have found this a great forum over the years.
I know this subject has been covered at great length on these forums and i have read them all and carried out all recommended actions. My car is a 1997 S70 T5. My problem is ABS TRACS lights on permenantly. I also have two 1998 V70's one is running and the other is a donor vehicle so i have loads of spares to try. here's the story so far.

Car failed Mot No ABS light. Checked instrument cluster and the following bulbs had been removed:- ABS, TRACS, ENGINE MANAGEMENT and SERVICE. replaced bulbs and now have ABS TRACS on all the time.

Changed ECU from donor car no change
Found both front pulse wheels badly corroded so changed both outer CV joints no change.
checked resistance on all wheel sensors against the V70 i know is working both rear sensors changed because one had no resistance and the other was very different from the test ones.

Today changed the ECU of the running V70 onto T5 no change. (the V70 does not have TRACS but my thinking was that the ABS side of it would be the same result TRACS light OFF ABS ON)

Have tried several code readers but to no avail.

could it be the ABS pump as it is the only thing I haven't changed.

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I AM ABOUT TO PULL OUT WHAT'S LEFT OF MY HAIR.
Michael

Vikingxl
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 10:27
The usual problem is a fault in the wiring in the ABS Ecu i donmt know enough about these cars to know if swapping the ecu is a compatability issue but im sure someone far more knowledgeable will be along shortly to assist

mightywolf
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 10:41
Don't think it should matter swapping the abs ecu from one car to the other although it may be different on a T5 than a normal 70 especially if the donor vehicle doesn't have tracs. Might be wired totally different. I'm guessing though. There are loads of threads on the whole abs/tracs light issue. Try a bit of searching until someone lets us know :)

p fandango
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 10:45
TRACS works thru the ABS which could be why there both showing faults, & yes it will need to be a ECU from a car that had TRACS

mikT5
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 11:07
TRACS works thru the ABS which could be why there both showing faults, & yes it will need to be a ECU from a car that had TRACS

I don't understand why. Have just fitted the suspect ECU (with TRACS) to my V70 (NON TRACS) and took it for a spin.
Result= Brought ABS and TRACS on both went out after 1/4 mile and ABS workin fine

Okete
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 11:09
Sounds like the standard loose solder joints in the ABS module to me?!!

bubba_1986
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 11:18
Sounds like the standard loose solder joints in the ABS module to me?!!

See http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29475

I know wobbly used to fix thesse units,

Hope this helps

:D

mikT5
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 18:24
Got it sorted. changed the abs pump and both lights went out straight away on test drive ABS is workin fine.

Thanks to all who posted

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 23:01
Still repairing the ABS ECU units .... after all these years. Jeez - I must be into over 200 now.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224