PDA

View Full Version : S70 R Querys.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 18:38
Hi, i had a test drive in an S70 R today, few things of note really.

1. The ABS light was lit on the dashboard, dealer claimed it's been stood a while lol, any potential ideas ?
2. The Tracs light stayed on the dash, wouldn't turn off.
3. Seat adjustment i noticed is electric, what happens when it packs in lol..
4. Would my T5 cat back zorst, and Rica ecu switch over to the same year R, yes they both manuals.
5. R's are 25mm lowerd as standard, could i go another 40mm lower with a kit ?
6. Anyone wanna make me an offer on mine if all goes to plan with the above points.

Thanks.

gillespie
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 20:10
Good choice of cor, I bought one last week too.
I can answer 3, The seats wont move but the previos owner got one for mine for £40 4, The cat back exhaust will fit as the pipes are the same diameter as for the ecu some of the toys in the new car will not work if they are not fitted to the donor car eg; air con, cruise controll etc so it would not be advised as someone on another thread said they swapped ecu's and air con was on all the time and burnt out their motor.

dicky b t5
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 21:15

1. The ABS light was lit on the dashboard, dealer claimed it's been stood a while lol, any potential ideas ?
4. Would my T5 cat back zorst, and Rica ecu switch over to the same year R, yes they both manuals.
6. Anyone wanna make me an offer on mine if all goes to plan with the above points.

Thanks.
Sounds like they need to talk to Wobbly Dave for 1 and 2 , let him do his Magic...!lol :B_rotfl:

meffs
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 21:45

Thanks.TDS, not sure if this will help or not, but there is stuff about TRACS and ABS lights staying on aswell as common faults on the 'R'. http://www.v70r.com/ (http://www.v70r.com/)

Good luck

Meffs

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th June 2005, 00:28
I can fix the ABS unit for you - no problem. Contact me if you want it done - chip the dealer for £350 as this is what they cost from Volvo. My repair service has been 100% successful to date - I am somewhere in the 20+ now....

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=224

The units are used throughout the Volvo range from 1995 onwards. There are a few variations (some with and some without TRACS)

The RICA you have is mapped for a 16T - the S70R has an 18T and you will need a different map to make it work properly.

I have not heard of seat motors failing yet.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 30th June 2005, 00:33
Cheers Dave im undecided wot to do about the car, do i get an R for the sake of getting an R ? It's nowhere near as fast as mine at the moment so i might be kidding myself. If it aint broke why fix it my bit of sense is telling me.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th June 2005, 00:37
I would go for the R myself - they are nicer and just that bit special. General condition and turbo wear on the R would be of cheif concern. Usual things like - has it been regularly serviced. Remember mechanicals can be fixed up - and yes it will be slower as stock than yours. I suppose it depends if you want the prestiege model or not.

What is the price and what is the mileage?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th June 2005, 00:40
You will have in the R the nicer interior - 17" comets and the R bumper, full electric pack and the better sound system. IMHO a lot nicer that a bog spec plod car? I am biased towards the Rs for obvious reasons. Just out of interest what colour is it?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 30th June 2005, 02:11
You will have in the R the nicer interior - 17" comets and the R bumper, full electric pack and the better sound system. IMHO a lot nicer that a bog spec plod car? I am biased towards the Rs for obvious reasons. Just out of interest what colour is it?
PM'd.

K1ngy
Friday 1st July 2005, 10:45
Must admit i prefer my R than the standard T5 I had before. The R just feels that bit better and sportier. My TRACS light came on when i bought the car and it had been standing in a guys garage for a couople o month. He cherished it but his missus made him put it up for sale to make room for her new merc conv in their garage... My battery was in need of replacement and since it has been replaced the light has never came on. Dont know why or if it was a coinsidence but the light only seemed to appear when my battery was flat.

My R is a bog standard auto with FVSH, Money was no object to the accountant i bought it from. Even when I went to the dealer to view its history, they knew the car i was buying and said he used to drop it off to get work done and just paid the bill with no objection.

i would say to go with the R. At least you can then put money into modding that and as other R owners would agree, they don't arf turn heads. When i floor mine in sport mode it scares the crap out of me and makes an awesome noise.

Go on, go for the R

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 1st July 2005, 13:10
Must admit i prefer my R than the standard T5 I had before. The R just feels that bit better and sportier. My TRACS light came on when i bought the car and it had been standing in a guys garage for a couople o month. He cherished it but his missus made him put it up for sale to make room for her new merc conv in their garage... My battery was in need of replacement and since it has been replaced the light has never came on. Dont know why or if it was a coinsidence but the light only seemed to appear when my battery was flat.

My R is a bog standard auto with FVSH, Money was no object to the accountant i bought it from. Even when I went to the dealer to view its history, they knew the car i was buying and said he used to drop it off to get work done and just paid the bill with no objection.

i would say to go with the R. At least you can then put money into modding that and as other R owners would agree, they don't arf turn heads. When i floor mine in sport mode it scares the crap out of me and makes an awesome noise.

Go on, go for the R
Well as ive said the r i drove is slower than mine, doesn't sound as good as mine and is more expensive than mine, i can live without the leather etc... i dont think im going to bother.

siamblue
Friday 1st July 2005, 15:36
TD, I feel the same i wouldn't swap mine for a R, Now i will upset a few people but i like to be individual and not be the same as others, The R's do look nice, Plus it is quite a big gamble buying another old car, Sometimes it's better the devil you know, Just my 2 pennies worth.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 1st July 2005, 17:56
TD, I feel the same i wouldn't swap mine for a R, Now i will upset a few people but i like to be individual and not be the same as others, The R's do look nice, Plus it is quite a big gamble buying another old car, Sometimes it's better the devil you know, Just my 2 pennies worth.
Exactly Gaz, think i'll wait for a nice S60, or C70, or a V70 P2, oh i dont know - grrrrrr.