PDA

View Full Version : Another " Whats it worth " thread SORRY

cameron
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 21:58
Really sorry for another " whats it worth " thread but needs must.

I really cant afford to run the old girl as i only get paid for 2 days per week ( £92 ) and its just not enough.

With a car that does 18mpg round town and 35 on a run ( 45 + if driven like miss daisy :( ) i just dont have the money to keep putting the petty in her, especially since she is set up to run super unleaded @ £1.23 + per litre on the HLM 304.

So anyway, whats she worth ?

Heres a list of mods..................

HLM 304 ( 257bhp )
R Front Splitter
Rear Spoiler
T5R Lowering Springs
2000 ( W ) C70 T5 Front shocks
Painted Grille ( Black with chrome surround and slash and moose badge )
Painted Calipers ( Yellow )
17" T5R Titan Alloys with Chrome Valves
Headlight wipers with new blades ( made myself )

3 x New Autoguard 215-45-ZR 17 91W Tyres and one with 6mm ( had a bubble in the side wall after hitting a pot hole.

7 Seat Conversion
Horns rellocated.
T5R Wooden Effect Gear Selector
Roof Rails removed
Rear Spoiler
High Level Brake light
De-badged
Pipercross Panel Filter
V70 Clear Side Repeaters and Upper Rear Lights
Volvo Decals on Door bottoms
Genuine Volvo Strut Brace
Poly Top Engine Mount
Limo Black Tinted Rear Windows
6k HID Headlights
LED Side Lights
Aero UV Flat Wipers ( 21" - 21" )

V70 head unit ( sc805 ) and 6 CD Volvo / Alpine changer ( single cd head unit - doesnt accept cd's in the headunit itself, the changer works brilliant though )

She has done 137k, she's an auto T5 CD with 7 seats.

MOT was done 4 weeks ago with no advises, and ive just taxed her for 6 months as well.

She has had new Mintex Disks and Pads all round @ 133k, a replacement cat ( cheers Gary :D ) its just had the timing belt, tensioners / pulleys including a full service done with receipt to prove.

Ive had the gearbox flushed with proper Volvo fluid ( Not Cheap ) the bumpers were painted last year but it turned out to be a bit of a cowboy job, he didnt fix the small crack in the rear bumper and didnt smooth out any scratches etc, but you can tell its been done along with the wing mirrors ( no black on them anymore they are all silver, like V70 ones )

It has a space saver 17" wheel, a volvo jack and a 4 point wheel brace, there is locking wheel nuts on her and the key is there.

Overall for a 14yr old car she is very tidy, there is the usual asda carpark dings and some very light scratches ( the worst is along the 2 nearside door bottoms ) they have always been there since i got her in Oct 2008 but once she's washed they are hardly noticeable.

Ive resoldered the ABS ecu so there are no lights on the dash at all, obviously since the gearbox flush she changes seamlessly ( smoother than my gaffers 5 series ) there is one really annoying thing about the car and that is that every now and then one of the hydraulic lifters ( tappets ) ticks its bloody balls off, a quick rev or short hard drive and it goes away.

So gents there she is, bones and all, oh and there is little service history with the car except what Rufe got me plus all the work ive done on her, dont let this put you off this is a brilliant car and it would kill me to sell her, but if i can find a cheap 7 seat diesel then she will go.

Piccys................

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P260609_192001.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P030709_2048-1.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P140909_1444.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P010609_1130.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/P090509_1921.jpg

I dont want a load of " well you must have an idea what you want for her " replies, i really dont know what she's worth and i know i'll never get the money back ive spent on her but i really need a ball park figure, just in case i can pull off a deal on a V70 diesel.

Cheers guys, be kind :D

Lee

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:09
Really, really sorry the financial times are impacting on you like this. I can't imagine that it will sell for more than about £1250 even with all the options. Which is a REAL shame. Almost hardly worth selling except for your dire straights - your pride and joy will go for a song.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:11
Just a shot in the dark here... go for 2k and leave yourself some room for discounting?

You can always drop the price later if it doesn't shift...

t5 pete
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:11
Its so hard to say what these cars are worth these days but if genuine r's are going for around 2k and if you put yours up for £1200-£1500 it should sell well a that you might get more if your willing to wait,

cameron
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:12
£2k i wish mate :sorry:

I'd sell it to you right now if you offered me anywhere near that.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:20
True... but remember not everyone is a car expert and if you're dead friendly and helpful they may trust you!

£2k with £800 knocked off for quick sale is better than £1200 :)

If you know it's a good motor and sound... go for that bit extra and if you meet a buyer you like, throw em a bone.

LiamT4
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:23
Sorry to hear you having to sell, have a look on pistonheads for similar modded 855s and price it around the same. Couldn't you keep it off road and buy a cheap runaround?

Tomcat
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:47
Aw crap Lee, you've just gotten it how you wanted as well, if your struggling to run it then why not sell the Rica'd ecu and go back to a stock one?, that way you can run it on normal unleaded and save some money.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 00:15
What year is it? I'm guessing 1996 at the 14year reference. Although in pretty good nick the work you've carried out are general repairs and maintenance. I would like to think that you could get around £1500. Possibly you could get a set of really good photos' that make the car really stand out from the rest, might attract another enthusiast into Volvo ownership.

To avoid disappointment with the sale, maybe look for a swap or something??

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 00:27
Do what you can to stave the temporary lack of cash. Selling will lead to long term disappointment I think in this case. SORN it is better than selling I think in this case.

You need to find ways to increase your income, long term you'll only be disappointed if you sell. I know having spoken to you that you really like this car.

Taff - t5
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 00:58
Sorry to hear you might have sell your T5.
I"ve just been laid off but no plans to sell my T5 yet.
Only sell it if you really have too,hope the finances improve soon mate.

JelT5
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 07:42
Sorry to hear you might have sell your T5.
I"ve just been laid off but no plans to sell my T5 yet.
Only sell it if you really have too,hope the finances improve soon mate.

Ditto!

Try your best to hang on to it if you can!

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 08:22
Aw crap Lee, you've just gotten it how you wanted as well, if your struggling to run it then why not sell the Rica'd ecu and go back to a stock one?, that way you can run it on normal unleaded and save some money.

Not a bad idea. I knew a bloke who taped a tennis ball to his loud pedal on a T5 to save fuel!

Do what you can to stave the temporary lack of cash. Selling will lead to long term disappointment I think in this case. SORN it is better than selling I think in this case.

You need to find ways to increase your income, long term you'll only be disappointed if you sell. I know having spoken to you that you really like this car.

I agree with this. Unless the chips are totally down, I would look out for 1.2/1.4 engined VAG car (Seat Arosa, Polo, Golf, Ibiza, Fabia) or similar, and run it for peanuts until times improve. That car is a part of your soul, and I think you will regret getting rid of it more than being £1000 up: which may get p"ss@d away in a couple of weeks on fixing up an old eco banger.

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 14:07
Even if you get £1500 for it,the replacement i presume will have to cost that tops so will probably need work doing on it so if i was you stick with what you have as you know it needs nothing doing.
If your only earning £92 i would find alternative forms of transport to be honest. How can you feed the family and pay the bills let alone run a gas guzzler?

Hope you find a full time job soon.

bobbych
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 15:42
With a car that does 18mpg round town and 35 on a run ( 45 + if driven like miss daisy :( ) i just dont have the money to keep putting the petty in her, especially since she is set up to run super unleaded @ £1.23 + per litre on the HLM 304.

What amazes me, is how you acheive that with this car. My standard T5 will only max out at 30, if driven really slow and careful, and will never get near 35, never mind 45, so how do you acheive it with this one?

Rnash2002
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 16:01
What amazes me, is how you acheive that with this car. My standard T5 will only max out at 30, if driven really slow and careful, and will never get near 35, never mind 45, so how do you acheive it with this one?

Its to do with the remap

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 16:41
sorry to hear it mate good look with the sale wish you all the best on the jobs front

jez.w
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 17:09
I would say keep the car but SORN it, you wont get as much as you want for it, and then you will be giving it away. You will end up buying something else which is probably going to need money spending on it to keep it going, all just to save £10 a week petrol. You get a lot of car for the money when you buy an 850 and they are reliable. For the sort of money we can sell our 850's for you cant buy much apart from junk.

The cure to this problem is to get a full time job. What is the job market like where you are? Supermarkets pay around £200 a week if you get the hours in. I dont mean to be rude as im sure you have tried all avenues but there must be something else job wise?

You will regret selling your 850.

cameron
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 18:35
The job i have is 2 days paid by the employer ant the rest of the time its YMCA time as im doing my NVQ Level II in Motor Mechanics.

Dont get me wrong we get decent money with the child tax and working tax topping things up but when your running to the petrol station every 2 days cause you've only got a £10 in your pocket every time you go it gets soul destroying.

I'll muddle through like i always do, chin up, grin and bear it :doh:

On the bright side, it looks like petrol's coming down :B_thumb:

Asda dropped it 2p today and the local Shell have followed.

phil_woods
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 19:46
Lee mate whatever happens good luck pal. I have to say goodbye to mine tomorrow and I'll probably cry but unfortunately I need a bigger car.
Good luck anyway dude

Rnash2002
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 20:01
but when your running to the petrol station every 2 days cause you've only got a £10 in your pocket every time you go it gets soul destroying.
I know how you feel mate i only fill £10 every time i go,would love to fill it to the top.
Im not working at the moment and still manage to run 2 cars,ok i dont smoke and drink and have no social life bar these forums lol.
I do get stick about it,people saying how does he run 2 cars with not working and all that.
I think you would be mad to sell her on as you will never be able to buy another to the same spec and extras.
Just keep her mate and look to the future.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 20th May 2010, 00:30
Its to do with the remap

My old manual t-5r which had a genuine rica 304 remap would never get above 34mpg,so nothing to do with the remap.

cragmaz
Thursday 20th May 2010, 02:32
Same as me too!!!,

I thought i would never part with mine, ever!, but high insurance re-newal, speeding points, and a fair distance to work and back (although a good drive!), but costly in fuel, has forced me to do the same.

she`ll be gone tommorro,and i hope and prey that its not a monumental mistake, that i`ll regret till i die!!!

Getting p****d off just thinkin about it now!

F*****g **** rip off britain!, it comes to summat dunnit, when you cant even afford to run your car, cos you weekly petrol bill, is almost as much as your weekly shoppin at asda!!!
off to bed now,

Over and out!

Craig

Rnash2002
Thursday 20th May 2010, 07:29
My old manual t-5r which had a genuine rica 304 remap would never get above 34mpg,so nothing to do with the remap.
Thats strange as i could avarage around 35/38 on a good run mostly motorways and stuff,ive now got a 19t remap and again can avarage around 33/35 on a run.
My combined is sitting on 26 at the moment and thats with mostly short distance and town driving.

jez.w
Thursday 20th May 2010, 09:16
The job i have is 2 days paid by the employer ant the rest of the time its YMCA time as im doing my NVQ Level II in Motor Mechanics.

Dont get me wrong we get decent money with the child tax and working tax topping things up but when your running to the petrol station every 2 days cause you've only got a £10 in your pocket every time you go it gets soul destroying.

I'll muddle through like i always do, chin up, grin and bear it :doh:

On the bright side, it looks like petrol's coming down :B_thumb:

Asda dropped it 2p today and the local Shell have followed.

Thats going to be tough for a bit then, but should be worth it in the end. Hope it all works out.