PDA

View Full Version : My 850R Project (Ongoing, LOL)

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 18:17
Right, Thought I'd start a proper thread. This is how she was when I picked her up (Pic same as the other thread, But can't move her out the drive yet to get new ones)...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8846&d=1274028525

I've since re fitted the proper front bumper, And just finished replacing the PCV system.
I think half the problem may have been that the bigger of the two pipes that shoot back round underneath the throttle body, And connect back into the turbo inlet had snapped in half. I'm wondering if this was causing the odd sensation when driving it back from St. Austell.
Tight fit with my ham fists but I got there in about 3 hours, Start to finish (With a little help from VPCUK)
Only thing I've got left to do is replace the fuel return from the FPR, As the fuel pipe I had was a little too small for my liking. Then fit the new leads and last of the intercooler pipes.
Going to order a whole new cam belt kit, Idler, Water pump and hydraulic tensioner from Rufe. May as well replace the aux belts too while I'm at it, And get the alternator re wound.
Not sure whether to skin my already skinned knuckles and fit the cam belt myself, Or let my mate do it for £100...

p fandango
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 19:49
very nice, no offence intended but is it a genuine R

Volvostorm
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:02
There is/was a white R on VOC, he was toying with BTCC rep stickers for it

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:42
nice, is this steves old car he has the white 850R saloon also? and you cant tease us and say now has the proper bumper,,show us damn it! lol

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 21:25
very nice, no offence intended but is it a genuine R

Yep, One of only 2 manuals according to DVLA. Been checked with main dealer too.
It is Steves old car.
He also has the only white saloon (afaik) And another white auto R.

The problem I had driving back was weird. When I was cruising at 70/80mph it felt like I was tapping the brake slightly every few seconds. Hope the fixed pipe sorted it.

I'll be finishing off the small bits tomorrow, So I'll get some better pics... Without the rain too hopefully.

cherry1809
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 15:50
Everything back together now.

New leads on.
Ran new pipes to and from the BCS, Used 1/4" fuel line for this.
Went to start it... Battery's dead :uglyhamme

Battery was changed before I picked her up due to the other one being fubar. Guess this one is too. Oh well.

On charge for an hour as it seems to hold a bit when the cars been running.
Been sat in the shed 2 days and lost it's charge so it's defo knackered.

Tomcat
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 15:52
Pics!!, we need to see more pics of this white wonder.

cherry1809
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 18:16
It runs!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8863&stc=1&d=1274289040

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8865&stc=1&d=1274289040

REALLY need a new steering wheel. Keep getting bits stuck to my hand.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8866&stc=1&d=1274289040

Tomcat
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 18:35
Would it not be cheaper to just get that one re covered at an upholster's?

cherry1809
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 21:17
Would it not be cheaper to just get that one re covered at an upholster's?

Possibly... Know any good ones?
Still haven't found out if an S/V40 wheel would fit. If it will, And I can find one in black, I think they're a better looking wheel.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8862&stc=1&d=1274300243

JelT5
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 21:46
It runs!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8863&stc=1&d=1274289040

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8865&stc=1&d=1274289040

Lovely looking R...nice one :)

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 22:58
thats soo nice what suspension is in there intrested in what make of springs

cherry1809
Thursday 20th May 2010, 08:52
As far as I know it's all still standard, But that's only what I've been told. Haven't checked myself.
How do I know if the ECU's been touched?
I was expecting it to be about the same as my first car, Manual T5 with an MBC, But it'd leave it for dead.
Boost gauge only goes up a few mill in first too, Then goes up 3/4 in the other gears. Is it capped in first?

cherry1809
Thursday 20th May 2010, 17:20
Couple more jobs done today (Gotta love shift work)

Replaced a cracked OS headlight glass, Fell in 2 as the clips were taken off.
Replaced the furry steering wheel with a black leather T5 item.

Got these from a scrappy for £35, Not bad. Full headlight!.
The same scrappy is supplying me with a mint set of V70 rear clusters tomorrow for £25 :D
New battery too.
Was talking to my mate that works there, And he was saying what came in through the scrappage scheme... Some people should be shot.
Off top of my head...

Mint Volvo 940 Wentworth in burgundy, Mint black leather, 61,000 miles! (still there too)
XJ6 with 19,000 miles!
Suzuki Rascal pickup thing, 3400 miles!
The 850 I got my bits from had 340,000+ miles :D

Sorted out the rear end too, Lol...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8878&stc=1&d=1274372247

Will probably whip off the Volvo and 850 badges the weekend and respray them black.
Looks a bit crisper.

cherry1809
Thursday 20th May 2010, 17:27
Forgot to add.
The car I got my bits from, Also had the same dark alround interior, Including the glove box lid, Door cards, Speaker grills etc. If anyone needs bits.

Turkish
Thursday 20th May 2010, 19:00
Looking really good, looks a really straight clean car.

cherry1809
Thursday 20th May 2010, 20:38
To be fair, The pics do it justice.
You can just make out the 2 rusty bits of bonnet, On the bottom corners of the grill.
Few VERY small dings, And there's a rust issue starting under the battery tray. Not too bad at the minute, But I'll be getting the gas out fairly soon to cut and weld a new bit in. Is there anything under that section I should be aware of?

cherry1809
Friday 21st May 2010, 17:24
V70 Clusters now on.
Rear wiper straightened out.
Went round with a touch up pen and dotted the tiny chips that could turn nasty if left.

Just need to sort out the cam belt etc. Then I'll look at getting a re map :eclipsee_

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8887&stc=1&d=1274459993

The Flying Banana
Friday 21st May 2010, 19:35
dont take your badges off, just T cut them , it removes the chrome and the black finishe is excellent.
Go back to the scrappy and get a clio wiper arm, looks much tidier
Love white 'R' s :)

cherry1809
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 07:30
dont take your badges off, just T cut them , it removes the chrome and the black finishe is excellent.
Go back to the scrappy and get a clio wiper arm, looks much tidier
Love white 'R' s :)

Aah, I knew someone said somewhere about a Clio wiper arm.
It's just the one off the rear hatch I take it?
Cheers for the tip on the badges too!

EDIT: What model? Lol.

Haizum74
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 16:45
Couple more jobs done today (Gotta love shift work)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8878&stc=1&d=1274372247

Will probably whip off the Volvo and 850 badges the weekend and respray them black.
Looks a bit crisper.

Am lost now, the top lot of pics have '850r' on the boot then this one and another pic '850 TDI'!! What have I missed?

cherry1809
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 21:03
Am lost now, the top lot of pics have '850r' on the boot then this one and another pic '850 TDI'!! What have I missed?

I pinched the TDI badge from an 850 at the breakers when I picked up the steering wheel and headlight... Stealth car. LOL.

Edit: Couldn't spell pinched :uglyhamme

Haizum74
Tuesday 25th May 2010, 22:25
I pincned the TDI badge from an 850 at the breakers when I picked up the steering wheel and headlight... Stealth car. LOL.

lol, cheeky but am sure it will surprise a few folk

cherry1809
Wednesday 2nd June 2010, 19:49
Not done much the last couple of weeks due to my bank being idiots.
Finally got the cambelt kit, Pulleys, Tensioner and water pump ordered from Rufe. All being fitted Monday.
Will be looking at getting her re mapped then :)

cherry1809
Tuesday 8th June 2010, 00:32
Yay, Cam belt etc. All done :)
Good job everything was changed. The hydraulic tensioner was seized solid :eek:
I'm now making this Saturday a 'Fix broken bulbs' day.
Drove her home for the first time tonight in the dark, And found more things to fix...

One front fog light out,
No info display lights (Seperate fuse?)
One light out on the climate controls.

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 8th June 2010, 16:50
looking good mate,,,,

cherry1809
Thursday 10th June 2010, 00:32
Well, The TDi badge works :D
Had an Audi A3 TDi sat on my bum on the way to work today, Didn't last long though.

polak t5r
Thursday 10th June 2010, 07:42
hi cherry beautifull car it's not often i get jealous as i have a red r but i do like the white one is the interior at the scrappys out of a r as i have the cream one which i think is horrible so wouldnt mind changing it cheers

GregE102
Thursday 10th June 2010, 09:25
Hello Cheery

I like what you have done looking good!

Greg

cherry1809
Thursday 10th June 2010, 10:36
hi cherry beautifull car it's not often i get jealous as i have a red r but i do like the white one is the interior at the scrappys out of a r as i have the cream one which i think is horrible so wouldnt mind changing it cheers

No R at at the breakers, One I got my bits from was just a normal TDi :(
There is a T5R breaking in the for sale sections here though :)

cherry1809
Sunday 13th June 2010, 15:28
All bulbs apart from the info display fixed.
Clio rear wiper on (Cheers eBay)
Took her out for a proper run on Saturday too, And got brake fade... Need bigger brakes.

cherry1809
Tuesday 15th June 2010, 09:06
SC-900 on it's way, Along with some clear side repeaters. :)
Need some chrome bulbs for the rear clusters too... Local can't get them anymore :cuckoo:

cherry1809
Tuesday 27th July 2010, 19:31
Still haven't done much in the way of modding, But I have a few weeks of overtime at the minute so cash flows a little better :)
Will be ordering the ECU I've been promising myself for weeks next week.
Will then be scouting around for an exhaust and filter :D
Must get some better pics the weekend too.

woody
Tuesday 27th July 2010, 20:36
Nice work so far. Looks great. May I ask, what year Clio was the wiper arm from buddy?

Keep up the good work

Woody.

Giles
Tuesday 27th July 2010, 22:22
Forgot to add.
The car I got my bits from, Also had the same dark alround interior, Including the glove box lid, Door cards, Speaker grills etc. If anyone needs bits.

GLOVE BOX please....I am on my 2nd and it has just bust again......

cherry1809
Wednesday 28th July 2010, 08:58
Nice work so far. Looks great. May I ask, what year Clio was the wiper arm from buddy?

Keep up the good work

Woody.

Think it was a Mk2 arm. It came from ebay for about £15 brand new :)
It has a blank brass bushing inside the mount, So when you tighten it on it makes it's own splines.

GLOVE BOX please....I am on my 2nd and it has just bust again......

I'm not finishing until 6pm all this week, But I'll have a look next week if you like?

Giles
Wednesday 28th July 2010, 09:01
Think it was a Mk2 arm. It came from ebay for about £15 brand new :)
It has a blank brass bushing inside the mount, So when you tighten it on it makes it's own slpines.

I'm not finishing until 6pm all this week, But I'll have a look next week if you like?

Please......my satnav is stuck inside and I have devised a tool that should knock the lock into opening......that's when i eventually get my car back from the head rebuilders.......

cherry1809
Wednesday 28th July 2010, 19:07
Please......my satnav is stuck inside and I have devised a tool that should knock the lock into opening......that's when i eventually get my car back from the head rebuilders.......

No probs :)

850 2.5 10v
Thursday 29th July 2010, 16:19
I think it might have been me that mentioned the clio rear arm.

I will send you what I did months ago to replace my rusty arm.

Pic for tomorrow.

Great work and the best thing is you can do it all yourself - the most complicated job I've managed is thermostat replacement, followed by the rear gas struts for the boot, air filter (very easy of course), bulbs, various fuses, wiper arms.....

Cheers

cherry1809
Saturday 7th August 2010, 16:51
Removed the 'Neverbeen' Nur sticker... Was bugging me as it looked ****e.

Popped in the breakers this week and they've moved the 2 850's out back now. One had the glove box lid removed (Common problem is it? LOL) And the other was knackered.
I'm on 12 hour nights all this week, So on a day I'm not peddling in I'll go up and have a look round my other local scrappy.

Also dug out my Maguires Gold Class car wax... First time I've ever waxed a car :shhh:

The Flying Moose
Saturday 7th August 2010, 17:36
Also dug out my Maguires Gold Class car wax... First time I've ever waxed a car :shhh:

Oooh a wax virgin... how did you find it???

Gleaming car now though mate, I like the TDI badge idea ;)

RollingThunder
Sunday 8th August 2010, 10:29
BEAUTIFUL car you have there - I'd love a white 850R, and a manual too! Very very envious ;)

I fitted a Clio rear wiper arm a while ago. In fact there are a few bits on my website ( http://www.duckfieldengineering.co.uk/volvo/ shameless plug ;) ) that you might be interested in -

Volvo 850 > common modifications > Rear wiper - Renault Clio MkII

How To Guides > Electrical > Change dash bulbs (the computer info bulbs are included there)

I haven't updated the website in a while, so some things are out of date, but it might be worth a read.

Cheers, RT

cherry1809
Sunday 8th August 2010, 17:06
Oooh a wax virgin... how did you find it???

Gleaming car now though mate, I like the TDI badge idea ;)

Arms aching a bit, But well happy with the results.
Was happy with it before but I can actually see reflections now. LOL.

cherry1809
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 16:52
Been soooo slack with this thread, But work and dog issues have stopped play for a bit.
I've managed to fit a later blue grill badge :uglyhamme

Plans at the minute are...
Get the alloys refurbed over the winter (Satin black or Anthracite?)
Get the suspension settled down to a respectable height
Still to get the ECU sent off for a remap... New tattoo won the toss on that one so it got put on the back burner, Again.

cherry1809
Wednesday 12th January 2011, 17:14
Total rear brake overhaul as they seized up when I was ill in bed for 2 weeks.
New discs, Pads and shoes.
If anyone has a 302 set up for the front laying around I could buy... :)
Want to try and get a stainless exhaust and suspension mods fitted for the Le Mans road trip this year. Found these which are very reasonable on prices, But then kick you in the nuts on postage :rant:

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/index.html

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 12th January 2011, 21:22
Want to try and get a stainless exhaust and suspension mods fitted for the Le Mans road trip this year. Found these which are very reasonable on prices, But then kick you in the nuts on postage :rant:

Hi mate,

I have a Jetex Cat back stainless steel exhaust in excellent condition that will be coming off my T5-R in the next few days. After £150 collected.

Here is a link to the exhaust. http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetex_exhausts_chooser.php?mak=Volvo&mod=850+Turbo+2WD&mat=Stainless+Steel

Its the bottom one priced at £355.

cherry1809
Thursday 13th January 2011, 10:02
Thanks mate, Will keep you posted as your quite far from me. :)

Spooky
Thursday 13th January 2011, 15:19
Hi mate,

I have a Jetex Cat back stainless steel exhaust in excellent condition that will be coming off my T5-R in the next few days. After £150 collected.

Here is a link to the exhaust. http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetex_exhausts_chooser.php?mak=Volvo&mod=850+Turbo+2WD&mat=Stainless+Steel

Its the bottom one priced at £355.

I have this on mine, not the loudest of exhausts but roars nicely when you kick down!

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th January 2011, 00:49
Decided (After all that) That I'm keeping the Volans :welcome:
I've never been into all show and no go. Rather keep it low profile.
That and I've read the 18's will bugger the handling/Ride quality.
Will get the Volans re furbed in either satin black or as near to original as I can.
Have to change me bloody sig again now...

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 18th January 2011, 18:44
mate how easy is it to change the springs like you did on yours, If mine gets through its mot with out too much money I was going to treat it to your old springs of the deep purple car.

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th January 2011, 20:40
All you need is a decent set of spring clamps to get the old ones off, The new ones slot straight on without clamps as they're a lot lower. :cool:
Only trouble I had really was the nut on top of the strut as it's a cross shape, But you can get the right tool if you want.
As far as I can remember, It's just the top mount nuts under the bonnet, And 2 bolts on the bottom of the strut to get it off the car... I think, It was a while ago.
The rears are a lot easier, But you'll see what to do when your under there.
Only other thing is before you start, Make sure your new car hasn't got self leveling suspension on the back. The purple car hasn't, And if your car has I think you'll need to change the top mounts too.

thesoundcriminal
Sunday 23rd January 2011, 07:41
oh thanks mate

cherry1809
Monday 24th January 2011, 16:48

All fitted. Rear pads were seized (Hammered in!) in the carriers and haven't been touched by the disc!!!
Suspect this was missed at the last mot. Shoes/Linings fell out when the disc was removed. These were rattling around in the drum, But were working up until Christmas. Just gotta get the abs ecu sorted and the stoppers are nearly there. :)

cherry1809
Sunday 20th February 2011, 17:26
Okay, Getting there slowly. Brakes are bedded in nicely so the handbrake works a treat now.
HLM ecu on it's way from France (Thanks to JelT5 :)) So exhaust/Filter is next on the list.
Will take her for RR before I fit the ecu or anything else to get a base read out.
Will probably use Jap stuff for boost control/Gauges etc. As this is what I'm used to, And it works well. :)

Also, For a temporary fix on the alloys... Any particular paint types on the alloy?
Going to re do them myself in Satin black until I get them re furbed :)

cherry1809
Tuesday 22nd February 2011, 18:11
Also, For a temporary fix on the alloys... Any particular paint types on the alloy?
Going to re do them myself in Satin black until I get them re furbed :)

Scrap that :D Turns out a mate at work has known a powder coater for years and didn't mention it.
Getting them powder coated in Satin black for £35 a corner :)
Overtimes gone haywire at work for the next week or 2, So may look at coilovers.
Are these any good? Anyone got them?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMEX-Coilover-Suspension-Lowering-Kit-Volvo-850-/200557104622?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb2228dee

If not I'll stick to the original plan. :)

cherry1809
Thursday 24th February 2011, 20:28
Got the new ECU through (Thanks again JelT5)
Although, It didn't make the difference I thought it would :(
Boost before was about 3/4 (ish) into the white, Now about a mil more.
Barely notice the difference in performance really.
Car was running a standard ECU before as it still had the strap, So it wasn't already mapped.
Only thing at the minute is, It still has £40 of 95RON in (I wasn't boosting much as I'm using it for commuting at the minute) And I haven't fitted an MBC (Am I supposed to adjust the boost with it?)
Can't see running super will make that much of a difference. Does it have to learn like some ECU's or anything?

Dan850r
Thursday 24th February 2011, 20:31
I think if it's a 304 you should use at least super better still use optimax

cherry1809
Thursday 24th February 2011, 20:45
Yeah I did use nothing but, But the last few weeks I've been covering about 25 mile a day (Not that much but enough) And it was adding up. Still, If I'd spent nearly £500 on a RICA I'd be more than a little pissed off.
I'm gonna swap back and get a RR printout for before and after, I bet it's not more than 10bhp difference between the 2.

Volvostorm
Thursday 24th February 2011, 20:46
It might take a few miles to relearn, it was on a different car, as each car is slightly different, it will have to learn yours.

cherry1809
Thursday 24th February 2011, 20:49
Will only be using it for work until next week as I've just won a new toy on eBay, And I'm off to Gloucester to pick it up. Will see if anything changes on the way in tomorrow. Starting at 5am has it's benefits as the private roads are very clear :D

smithy
Thursday 24th February 2011, 21:11
Will only be using it for work until next week as I've just won a new toy on eBay, And I'm off to Gloucester to pick it up. Will see if anything changes on the way in tomorrow. Starting at 5am has it's benefits as the private roads are very clear :D

check the actuator mate because when you put a remap on the car they normally tighten the actuator and if you are going to use an mbc then the actuator needs to be tighter for the extra boost you want to run.hope this helps mate

si850r
Thursday 24th February 2011, 21:13
the m before a number means a private road in the early hours of the morning???? lol

JelT5
Thursday 24th February 2011, 21:29
Car was running a standard ECU before as it still had the strap, So it wasn't already mapped.
Only thing at the minute is, It still has £40 of 95RON in (I wasn't boosting much as I'm using it for commuting at the minute) And I haven't fitted an MBC (Am I supposed to adjust the boost with it?)
Can't see running super will make that much of a difference. Does it have to learn like some ECU's or anything?

Mate, if you're not happy with it send it back and I'll refund your dosh, no problem.
I didn't ever get the result I wanted with it...was hoping to get 280ish+ bhp and got 271hp/424nm, but I did have boost leaks at the time.

Just let me know when you've tried it for a bit longer and as I said if you're not 100% happy lob it in the post :)

si850r
Thursday 24th February 2011, 21:36
Mate, if you're not happy with it send it back and I'll refund your dosh, no problem.

thats what I like about this club....friendly people... if only life was like this......

cherry1809
Thursday 24th February 2011, 22:46
I didn't ever get the result I wanted with it...was hoping to get 280ish+ bhp and got 271hp/424nm, but I did have boost leaks at the time.

Just let me know when you've tried it for a bit longer and as I said if you're not 100% happy lob it in the post :)

Wouldn't hear of it :)
As I said (In a round about sort of way) I was reading stories and expected to have it blow my socks off, Lol.
Cars totally standard, Air filter, Exhaust, Crap fuel, Everything. You can feel it's done something but not as much as I thought it would. Took my brother out a minute ago and pulled a low rev start through to full boost in 3rd and he said it felt pretty much the same. Then rolling start from 1st up to 3rd and he said he felt it pulling harder then. I'll check through everything in the daylight tomorrow, As it just got slung on tonight and road tested.
99% sure everything is as it should be and working on the car regarding correct base boost etc. As it pulls pretty well in standard trim. Not sure if I said earlier in this post or somewhere else, But it's not 'That' far off my old 1800 Bluebird ZX that had 270hp, 210whp, But it was lighter too @ 1200kg.
As long as it's doing it's job in the fuel department I can adjust the boost to suit. What's safe with this map and engine?

JelT5
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:03
Wouldn't hear of it :)
As I said (In a round about sort of way) I was reading stories and expected to have it blow my socks off, Lol.
Cars totally standard, Air filter, Exhaust, Crap fuel, Everything. You can feel it's done something but not as much as I thought it would. Took my brother out a minute ago and pulled a low rev start through to full boost in 3rd and he said it felt pretty much the same. Then rolling start from 1st up to 3rd and he said he felt it pulling harder then. I'll check through everything in the daylight tomorrow, As it just got slung on tonight and road tested.
99% sure everything is as it should be and working on the car regarding correct base boost etc. As it pulls pretty well in standard trim. Not sure if I said earlier in this post or somewhere else, But it's not 'That' far off my old 1800 Bluebird ZX that had 270hp, 210whp, But it was lighter too @ 1200kg.
As long as it's doing it's job in the fuel department I can adjust the boost to suit. What's safe with this map and engine?

Ok, but the offer is there mate. I really wouldn't like to think you weren't 100% happy :)

I was a bit disappointed with the ecu when I put it on my car with the 18T (came as a package together), but put it down to all the other probs I was having with the the shed at the time.

I ran it at 1.2bar with oranges and then 1.4bar with blues.

The fuelling was fine on the dyno with oranges.

T5frankie
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:08
it needs to run on super fuel thats what its designed to run on, and your actuator will need tightening mine was the same until this was done

cherry1809
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:12
your actuator will need tightening mine was the same until this was done

By how much? :)

I ran it at 1.2bar with oranges and then 1.4bar with blues.

The fuelling was fine on the dyno with oranges.

Haven't a clue whats in mine :redface:

T5frankie
Thursday 24th February 2011, 23:55
By how much? :)

the actuator should run about 7.5psi i think, mine was opening at only 2.5psi before doing this

p fandango
Friday 25th February 2011, 04:00
as standard it should have whites if its a manual, not actually got which it'll have for an auto but possibly oranges as it'll have a 15g

cherry1809
Friday 25th February 2011, 10:00
Think it's the 16T in this, And the injectors look white :)

cherry1809
Saturday 5th March 2011, 14:00
Now boosting to the end of the white :)
Need to get my gauge fitted now asap to find out where I'm at.
Pulling better now too :D

928 boy
Sunday 6th March 2011, 11:15

Ah Le Mans,did that a coupe of years back in the 928, awesome trip. Just bought a T-5 not an R =( to run around in while i repaint the 928. Always liked the look of the 850 estates, especially the R's.

cherry1809
Sunday 6th March 2011, 12:02
Got some more pics of mine and Bruvs 9000 Aero to put up later.
PC's decided it doesn't want to recognise the card reader at the minute though. :cussing:

T5frankie
Sunday 6th March 2011, 12:23
Got some more pics of mine and Bruvs 9000 Aero to put up later.
PC's decided it doesn't want to recognise the card reader at the minute though. :cussing:

lol i have an aero and an R best of both worlds

cherry1809
Sunday 6th March 2011, 12:50
I like the 9000, Used to have a CSE that had been tweaked by Abbott. Had the usual stuff and was up to 254hp/331lb, Went well :D
Bruv's is quicker though as it has an ECU from Maptun I think.
I reckon mines been lowered at the front slightly, Looks lower than some. Gotta get the rear sorted soon.
PC's fixed itself.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10353&stc=1&d=1299411769
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10354&stc=1&d=1299411769
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10355&stc=1&d=1299411769
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10356&stc=1&d=1299411769
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10357&stc=1&d=1299411769
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10359&stc=1&d=1299411980

T5frankie
Sunday 6th March 2011, 13:18
nice motors

Volvostorm
Sunday 6th March 2011, 14:46
Looks really good in white, reminds of mine before I went sticker mad!

cherry1809
Sunday 6th March 2011, 15:53
Brother wants to change his alloys to 17's as the 18's look a bit chavvy and they ride crap. Should get a fair price for the Kahn's as they were specific for the 9000, Think you can only buy them to fit the Saab through Abbott.
Makes me miss mine. It's weird as it smells exactly the same inside as mine did :cool:
Really must get that front number plate sorted as well. Really like the look of the euro pressed metal types, But not sure of the legality of them over here.

Oh yeah, And excuse the pink rear seat over throw... My dog has a bit of a flob problem :D

cherry1809
Monday 7th March 2011, 19:46
Success!!! Rnash2002 supplied V70R Clocks all in and working fine :banana:
Now I really have to get the ABS ECU sorted as I've got the ABS light and Tracs light on now (Was just the TRACS before) :cussing:
I've read through a couple of the top dash removal write ups, But neither account for the passenger airbag.
My fingers are a bit skinned lol, Is there some more torx bolts I missed?
I'm planning on a full red LED dash bulb swap to bring it up to date, And it'll make it easier next time.
Autometer boost gauge should be here soon, And I'm not sure where to put it yet.
I've seen a few people mount them in the air vent, With what looks like the fins of the vent still in place around the gauge. How do you do this?
It's either that or behind the steering wheel, In front of the speedo head on the steering cowling, If that makes sense? Will be in my direct line of vision that way at least.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10368&stc=1&d=1299523021

The pink was pointed out on this set up, But apparently it's just the way the camera picked up the colour of the info read out and switches, It still shows red. :)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6844/dsc0216fk.jpg

cherry1809
Tuesday 8th March 2011, 18:59
MOT is nearly up. Is there anyone that can change the mileage on the digital read out?
Want it to match up to the original clocks really.

kee1173
Tuesday 8th March 2011, 19:26
I know it can be done..... but in your area i dont know anyone or nearby....in essex yes but then again quite normal for Essex LOL

cherry1809
Tuesday 8th March 2011, 19:36
Lol, Yeah I've been watching Police Interceptors. :D

kee1173
Tuesday 8th March 2011, 19:41
keep looking out for myself or others in this club from round ere...LOL

cherry1809
Saturday 12th March 2011, 16:03
R.I.P. Clutch. Lol.

cherry1809
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 18:26
Right, In between the clutch slipping and not slipping, I've managed to get a 14psi reading... So room for improvment :D

Pics of gauge and annoying flappy dash...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10415&stc=1&d=1300814482

How the hell do I sort this mess out? Been like it since I had to squeeze the new speedo cluster in :mad:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10416&stc=1&d=1300814482

pookie
Tuesday 22nd March 2011, 21:31
On the dash top there is a clip that you haven't hooked in. Bin there, done that!

Salut!

Pookie

cherry1809
Wednesday 23rd March 2011, 16:26
Where's the nearest place I can hook into a live feed for the gauge light?
And what colours are what? :)
Heater controls are right there I suppose, But no idea what wires do what.

cherry1809
Saturday 26th March 2011, 09:42
Bump, And it failed the mot on the front number plate, OSF Ball joint and the ABS light not working... Better get the soldering iron out for the ECU ;)

AndysR
Saturday 26th March 2011, 11:17
Only minor issues to fix then, good result if you ask me despite the fact it was a fail. :beer:

cherry1809
Saturday 26th March 2011, 13:16
What I thought :)
Just having trouble getting the cover off the ecu now... Me and Stanley knives don't mix :D

cherry1809
Saturday 26th March 2011, 14:17
Fingers all still intact :D
I just loved the way they showed the gel cover on the circuit board all peeling off in one... Instead of the billions of small bits like mine :slap:

cherry1809
Saturday 26th March 2011, 16:35
Number plate on, ABS fixed, Just the wishbone to change.
Where can I hook the light in the gauge up to? Not sure what colours are what in the Volvo loom.

si850r
Saturday 26th March 2011, 17:26
think i read some where about a pink wire?? maybe

cherry1809
Saturday 26th March 2011, 17:56
Just searched (Wondered what that button was for :B_blite:)
Pink wire off any dash switch.

cherry1809
Tuesday 12th April 2011, 00:40
Clutch is being changed by me at Easter BH... Any nasty suprises I should be aware of?
If the Sierra sells in time she'll get the lightened flywheel too :)

cherry1809
Wednesday 13th April 2011, 23:28
Sierra didn't sell, So I'll wait the month or so left on the mot and stick a new ticket on. I'll need it when the R's off the road anyway.
No light flywheel either :(

tattoo101
Thursday 14th April 2011, 00:21
how easy was the clock change? have thought of doing this before but didnt know if it was poss with the digi milage counter

cherry1809
Thursday 14th April 2011, 20:51
how easy was the clock change? have thought of doing this before but didnt know if it was poss with the digi milage counter

piece of piddle chap. :)
All the plugs are a straight swap over and it fits in the same mounts as standard.
Only thing is the V70 cluster doesn't have the gauge for the boost, So you end up with a spare pipe that needs blocking off. Or use that to plumb the aftermarket gauge in like I did. :)
Oh and I binned the alarm/locking receiver from on top of the V70 cluster.

cherry1809
Saturday 23rd April 2011, 12:28
Clutch is on hold for a minute, Until the end of this week anyway.
Just found a split CV boot so that'll have to be done.
Also got some second hand Bossal 60mm OD exhaust from the breakers with the right 'S' bend in :D So that'll replace the suit case silencer this week too.
Just after a Poly top mount and a blanking plate for the recirc... Should sound the part :shifty:

cherry1809
Saturday 30th April 2011, 15:42
Exhaust is done... Bit louder than I thought it'd be :D
I've got a cheap, Chavvy, Jap style back box in the shed from a mates F*rd Ka (Lol) I may try that and see if it quietens down a tad.
Pipe from the breakers needed modding in the end too, Didn't quite have the reach to match the in/out of the standard silencer.
I will add, This is no way staying like this! This is only a temporary measure just for the road trip in June. Exhaust was on it's way out anyway and will be replaced with either the OBX or Ferrita item, Whatever comes along first when I'm ready..

Modded rear section all ready to go on.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10690&stc=1&d=1304174096

Underside all ready to go too.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10691&stc=1&d=1304174096

Before it was cut and shut a bit more to fit. Will give this bit away after I'm done, If anyone wants it for a silencer replacement template or whatever?
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10692&stc=1&d=1304174096

Sounds to follow.

si850r
Saturday 30th April 2011, 16:54
any chance of posting a vid of the sound? im thinking of doing it to mine...

cherry1809
Saturday 30th April 2011, 18:18
Yep, Will be getting some tommorrow. :)
Bruv was working today so didn't have a camera man :D

cherry1809
Sunday 1st May 2011, 18:01
Still no cameraman :rant:
Got a static shot which is okay, Will try and kidnap him from his missus tomorrow for a drive past.
Can sort of tell from the vid, But it's not really any louder than the Scorpion systems you get on the RS Turbo's everywhere, And sounds pretty similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcdiY1mtEI

Tomcat
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:09
Oooo sounds just like mine did when I had the straight through.lol.

Volvostorm
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:11
Me likey, that sounds perfect mate :D

si850r
Sunday 1st May 2011, 19:17
cheers for that...Im off with a grinder and a length of pipe and will posta vid of mine when its done....!!! sounds awesome, bet it sounds good on a drive by...

cherry1809
Monday 2nd May 2011, 19:07
Okay, Got another couple. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uou_nR09e4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6UOCloaNMc

AndysR
Monday 2nd May 2011, 21:26
Sounds good, almost like a speed boat as your turning in the road.

cherry1809
Monday 2nd May 2011, 21:31
Sounds good, almost like a speed boat as your turning in the road.

Lol, My brother said it sounds like a boat :D

cherry1809
Wednesday 1st June 2011, 07:02
Right, Clutch pipe replaced... Daft place to run it if you ask me but there you go. Hopefully getting the clutch and rear crank seal changed this week. Nothing wrong with the seal but while the flywheels off, May as well change it.

KARL
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 20:41

Drive it softly until the 95 has completly gone, put some 98- 99 RON in there, let it have a little time with it , then give it some beans.

Then come back on here ,and write how impressed you are !

I use 95 Ron if I am driving on fumes, and nothing else is available, I put in enough to get home !

My car feels broken on that stuff and drinks more !

I never floor it on that crap !

So, spend the little extra every time when filling up (99 RON Tesco`s stuff is best/cheepest, a penny less than diesel) !

You and your R deserve it !

95 Will be ok on the standard ECU , just slow and laggy.

Try it ..Please !!
Good luck, and Nice R Mate.

Cheers

Ow yes the Modded ECU will learn the new 98 or 99 RON fuel and find its ultimate detonation point,for best power and remember the setting, until you spoill it by putting 95 back in it.

95 RON Fuel unstable and can preignite before it should in a cylinder.You ECU can control 98 - 99 Much better

All that 95 Ron gives you is more carbon deposits in your tail pipe.Good if you want to make pencils LOL

Jim S70R
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 21:35
Okay, Got another couple. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uou_nR09e4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6UOCloaNMc

Sounds very nice, makes me want to go out for a drive now lol.

fyldetowbars
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 23:08
i got a straight through and mine sounds abit better than yours in mho i'l post a vid

cherry1809
Friday 24th June 2011, 00:14
Drive it softly until the 95 has completly gone, put some 98- 99 RON in there, let it have a little time with it , then give it some beans.

Then come back on here ,and write how impressed you are !

I use 95 Ron if I am driving on fumes, and nothing else is available, I put in enough to get home !

My car feels broken on that stuff and drinks more !

I never floor it on that crap !

So, spend the little extra every time when filling up (99 RON Tesco`s stuff is best/cheepest, a penny less than diesel) !

You and your R deserve it !

95 Will be ok on the standard ECU , just slow and laggy.

Try it ..Please !!
Good luck, and Nice R Mate.

Cheers

Ow yes the Modded ECU will learn the new 98 or 99 RON fuel and find its ultimate detonation point,for best power and remember the setting, until you spoill it by putting 95 back in it.

95 RON Fuel unstable and can preignite before it should in a cylinder.You ECU can control 98 - 99 Much better

All that 95 Ron gives you is more carbon deposits in your tail pipe.Good if you want to make pencils LOL

Yeah don't use anything but now :)
For the sake of a few penny a tank it's not worth the hassle. Car ran better now the boost is up too. :cool:
Got to change the actuator the weekend and try to find what's causing the boost drop.
Day before we left for Le Mans the vac pipe from the recirc fell apart. Changed that and it went well until we got back home. Changed the BCS and no different, Holding 10 psi instead of the usual 14 - 15. Recirc's next to go.

cherry1809
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 17:26
Recirc wasn't the problem the actuator was. Recirc's back on after being replaced with a blanking plate. Ecu didn't like it.
Started on a few bubbles of rust today, Namely the bottom of the OSR door and the bonnet again.
Wasn't too bad on the door but thought I'd better catch it in time, The bonnets too far gone and will need replacing due to deep stone chips.

List of things to do still:

Drivers door hazard light needs replacing
Going to try the V70 interior light panel recovered in Alcantara
Need to change the expansion tank cap to a green one
Instrument cluster to get red LED's to make it look a tad more modern
The issue with the oil leak on the rear of the engine
Was looking at the V70 door handles, But think it'll be too much white and look daft. Are they much different?
Could always go for black ones I suppose.

JelT5
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 17:33
Hi Darren, the zorst sounds magnifique mate :)
Your R is coming along very nicely.
How are you finding the map now? Hope its behaving properly!

cherry1809
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 17:47
Maps fine mate :) Actuator didn't last long with the extra boost though :D
Got another fitted now running 10psi for a minute.
Just managed to get a Blitz Dual SBC for £100 delivered, So I'm just playing the waiting game now. Also need to get some stainless piping to make up my new exhaust. Going to keep it free from silencers but with a slip on piece on the back, So I can pop a silencer on for the MOT and when I run out of Veganin :D

JelT5
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 17:56
Maps fine mate :) Actuator didn't last long with the extra boost though :D
Got another fitted now running 10psi for a minute.
Just managed to get a Blitz Dual SBC for £100 delivered, So I'm just playing the waiting game now. Also need to get some stainless piping to make up my new exhaust. Going to keep it free from silencers but with a slip on piece on the back, So I can pop a silencer on for the MOT and when I run out of Veganin :D

That's great mate, well not so great about the actuator lol
Exhaust is brilliant, I love it- hadn't seen this or the vids 'til today, doh!
Just move on to a different painkiller when the veg run out, works for me lol

The Flying Moose
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 21:25
The blitz controllers are a brillinat bit of kit well worth the money, you wont be dissapointed especially at that price!

KARL
Wednesday 6th July 2011, 19:37
Yeah don't use anything but now :)
For the sake of a few penny a tank it's not worth the hassle. Car ran better now the boost is up too. :cool:
Got to change the actuator the weekend and try to find what's causing the boost drop.
Day before we left for Le Mans the vac pipe from the recirc fell apart. Changed that and it went well until we got back home. Changed the BCS and no different, Holding 10 psi instead of the usual 14 - 15. Recirc's next to go.
Glad you have felt the difference !

Good Luck with all your mods mate.

Cheers

cherry1809
Friday 8th July 2011, 00:19
As I'm a muppet, And change my mind more than a woman* I'm still after some Pegs.
What would be the more desirable colour to get mine re furbed in to sell?
If I was keeping them I'd go for Satin black, But I'm thinking the basic Anthracite.

* Just my opinion :D

Also while I'm here. Will the leccy boost controller work the same way as a MBC and hold off boost until it reaches the set point?

AndysR
Friday 8th July 2011, 21:20
Definately NOT satin black, get them done anthracite. Or better still stick with Volans ;)

T5frankie
Friday 8th July 2011, 21:21
Definately NOT satin black, get them done anthracite. Or better still stick with Volans ;)

mine are going satin black at the next refurb

AndysR
Friday 8th July 2011, 21:33
mine are going satin black at the next refurb

NOOO!! Don't do it....

The Flying Moose
Friday 8th July 2011, 21:48
Have to agree with Andy on this one... to be frank satin black alloys look far to boy racer for me.

And yes thats how the EBC will work too.

cherry1809
Saturday 16th July 2011, 11:50
All in where I wanted it now. :)
After removing the middle fin, It fitted perfect and didn't need any sort of bracket or glue. Obviously if you really pushed it it'd go back in, But why would you? :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11231&d=1310813401
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11232&d=1310813401

Still not boosting right and it's also worked it's way up to 0.64 Peak on the controller, So it's very hit and miss with the boost depending on where in the rev range I WOT.
I was going to pull all the pipes today and check everything over, But as I've got next week off I think I'll plumb in a reverse piping set up instead. Hopefully that'll find and elliminate any leaks. If it doesn't I'll be looking at the manifold gasket, As thats the only other thing I've disturbed when I replaced the PCV system. :)
Plugs being replaced this weekend too just as a precaution. What plugs other than OE parts are any good? Or just stick to what you know?

cherry1809
Saturday 16th July 2011, 15:06
Hap hap happy!!! :D
Couldn't see it before (Wasn't looking) But was poking around under the bonnet, As after re locating the controller I lost all vacuum to it.
Look what I found...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11233&stc=1&d=1310823590

This was the vac line for the original Volvo boost gauge, But is now where my new boost gauge AND controller are fed from. Bloody Volvo rubber joiner had done the usual and I was left with a crumbly bit just holding it together.
Replaced with good and after half hour of playing about with it, I now have...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11234&stc=1&d=1310824935

The Flying Moose
Saturday 16th July 2011, 15:29
I really like what you have gone with the controller there cherry looks much better than mine which is velcro'd underneath the dash. Are there holes in the rear of the vents or do you need to get the drill out?

Very glad you have sorted it too, now start playing with that blitz mate. I have mine peaking at 1.3 bar at the moment on the 15G.

cherry1809
Saturday 16th July 2011, 16:01
Got the flap out the way inside and just cut a slit in the pipe inside where it starts to go round the bend by the corregated bit. Opened it up and pushed the pipe and harness through. If it ever needs to be put back it can be repaired pretty easy. :)
How safe is it running 1.3 then? Was I being too safe @ 1.2?
It's the manual so has whites and the 16T, Although I'm looking into the next size up if it will take it without re mapping.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 16th July 2011, 16:26
Got the flap out the way inside and just cut a slit in the pipe inside where it starts to go round the bend by the corregated bit. Opened it up and pushed the pipe and harness through. If it ever needs to be put back it can be repaired pretty easy. :)
How safe is it running 1.3 then? Was I being too safe @ 1.2?
It's the manual so has whites and the 16T, Although I'm looking into the next size up if it will take it without re mapping.

I run 1.3 permanently with day to day use and it has no problems, thats with a 15g and whites. I did run 1.4 with my 16T and whites and had no issues with that either.

I dont think any level of boost is unsafe its the application of boost that is unsafe. For me I opt for 3k rpm before booting it. This is becuase its the low down revs that cause the torque surge that bends rods.

cherry1809
Sunday 24th July 2011, 16:12
Okay, OBX all fitted from the cat back with a bit of fettling.
Boost dropped by quite a bit, So a standard exhaust with the suitcase removed is more free flowing than the dedicated stainless, Lol.
Went from 1.2 bar to 1.05... Now adjusted again but lost a lot of mid range boost.
Will be hacking off the rear silencer soon as the OBX system saved me making up my own pipe, And the fit of the mounting points is pretty spot on to be fair. Will still keep the silencer for MOT purposes but other than that, bye bye!

cherry1809
Thursday 28th July 2011, 18:05
Odd but, Seems to have sorted itself out again now. Been fine all week.
Alloys are going up for sale as I'm now after some 18" Tritons.

cherry1809
Friday 12th August 2011, 15:29
Had a mate at work knock me up some ally door lock pins on his lathe... Hit or miss on whether anyone will like them over standard I think.
They're only glued on as the thread for the standard plastic pins is a bit OTT for screwing aluminium onto, But as you don't really need to actually pull them up I figured it'd be okay.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11347&stc=1&d=1313159021
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11348&stc=1&d=1313159021

Also got the speedo head red LED bulbs in. Look nice at night, Will get some pics soon as it gets dark :)
Just need the rest changed now as they look a bit odd by themselves. Others are on order.
Got the switch bulbs ordered, And the smaller T5 bulbs for the info display. Anyone know how to change the radio face bulbs?

WOODY T5
Friday 12th August 2011, 15:51
love it mate

Vikingxl
Friday 12th August 2011, 17:35
Not done the radio bulbs on an 850 but done 4 or 5 70 series head units and showed the storm troll how to do his s60 ones you will probably have to get very handy with the old soldering iron mate

cherry1809
Friday 12th August 2011, 18:21
Not done the radio bulbs on an 850 but done 4 or 5 70 series head units and showed the storm troll how to do his s60 ones you will probably have to get very handy with the old soldering iron mate

No worries, I'll get par on it. Lol.

cherry1809
Monday 22nd August 2011, 17:40
All the small dash switches are now done and ALL working at last.
Just the climate controls to do, Info display, Bum warmer switches and the radio. Bulbs are en route.
Dismantled the radio and decided to go the sock route on that... No point soldering when there are easier ways ;)
Gonna be painstaking cutting off the blue ones but there you go.
Also remember seeing a how to on Youtube on modifying the Blitz DSBC to show red rather than green, So that'll be usefull too.

cherry1809
Thursday 25th August 2011, 11:37
Sorry the pics not great, Was half asleep at work. Lol.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11419&stc=1&d=1314297608

M-R-P
Thursday 25th August 2011, 12:21
Looks very SR-71!

Jim S70R
Thursday 25th August 2011, 12:49
Looking good

cherry1809
Thursday 25th August 2011, 13:58
Looks very SR-71!

Lol. :D

cherry1809
Thursday 25th August 2011, 20:03
Radio's done ;)
After trawling the net for a few days, I found a company that sold the 3mm silicone gel covers for the 3mm bulbs... But I got the impression they wanted commercial big orders. So...

Face off showing the 7 bulbs (Already painted, Sorry)
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11420&stc=1&d=1314299067

Cut off the little blue silicone covers, And pinch mum's best red nail varnish...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11423&stc=1&d=1314299638

End result = Win :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11422&stc=1&d=1314299638

T4Rick
Thursday 25th August 2011, 20:18
Well done mate looks good

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th August 2011, 21:27
I must say its nice to see all the bulbs done for once. I think they look fantastic cherry but far too many change only the dash bulbs and not the remaining instruments and that just makes them look pants and out of place.

cherry1809
Saturday 19th November 2011, 16:46
Quick update:

After replacing a few vac pipes, And fitting the reverse intercooler piping I'm still having a dead spot issue.
Thanks to nottsgreent5 lending me a pressure tester I now stand half a chance of finding another leak, If there is one. Unfortunately my mate decided he wasn't opening his garage today so it left me without access to a compressor. I have got oxy/Acetylene bottles in the shed, But someone left the valve on and the oxy's empty :cussing:... I won't be using the Acetylene :cuckoo:
Did get me new wipers fitted and the aux belt... After making a tool for the tensioner, Getting it off and then finding out they supplied the wrong belt. All back on again with the old and back down the shop. Muppets.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11764&stc=1&d=1320771474
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11767&stc=1&d=1320771474

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 20:37
did you have any luck with finding the boost leak mate

cherry1809
Tuesday 29th November 2011, 22:25
He's not there weekends. Supposed to be going down one evening this week. Will keep you posted. :)

cherry1809
Saturday 17th March 2012, 09:57
Changed the fuel pump for a Walbro (Pressure reg was next) Which made no difference to the cutting out issue, But a hell of a lot better to drive.
Sold the HLM304 on and stuck a RICA304 on, And it's fixed. :)

So I won't be making any trips to Bromsgrove, But I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions... ;)

I have informed the new owner of the ecu of possible issues. :)

T5frankie
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:03
Changed the fuel pump for a Walbro (Pressure reg was next) Which made no difference to the cutting out issue, But a hell of a lot better to drive.
Sold the HLM304 on and stuck a RICA304 on, And it's fixed. :)

So I won't be making any trips to Bromsgrove, But I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions... ;)

I have informed the new owner of the ecu of possible issues. :)

they are the same thing

cherry1809
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:06
Oh, And I'm going to try and get a RR run booked in for Saturday, So fingers crossed.
Everyone says don't WOT until after 3500rpm or you'll bend a rod... How will this be affected on a RR? Most plant it in 3rd?

cherry1809
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:07
they are the same thing

Or not in this case, As one worked and one didn't. ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:15
Or not in this case, As one worked and one didn't. ;)

whatever the case glad its sorted mate

T5frankie
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:16
Oh, And I'm going to try and get a RR run booked in for Saturday, So fingers crossed.
Everyone says don't WOT until after 3500rpm or you'll bend a rod... How will this be affected on a RR? Most plant it in 3rd?

on the dyno its built up gradually, i personally dont boot it til after 4k

nottsgreent5
Saturday 17th March 2012, 10:54
glad it sorted your problem i had a ecu that had been mapped by sw and the injector bank went down in it would start fine from cold but hot it would flood so bad there was fuel comming out thhe exhaust lol

cherry1809
Sunday 25th March 2012, 22:30
New 302mm discs and pads ordered, Plus nice new brake lines front and back from Swampy. :D
Still need the carriers though. :(

cherry1809
Thursday 29th March 2012, 09:03
Should be getting her back today from MOT...

NSF Ball joint
CV Boot
Front strut leaking (My fault)
Rear indicator bulbs showing white instead of orange.

Not bad I thought.

Wishbone £75
Got a spare strut (Just need to swap top plate and spring)
CV boot fitted at mates rates :)

Passed the front discs, So not so much of a rush for the 302mm carrier brackets.

dave850
Thursday 29th March 2012, 11:13
Not bad look better in burgandy/maroon lol which are faster

M-R-P
Thursday 29th March 2012, 11:26

That's what we let you think ;)

cherry1809
Thursday 29th March 2012, 11:39

Hahahahahahaha, Your missus won't let you drive it so how do you know? Lol.

cherry1809
Friday 30th March 2012, 20:00
Whoop! New brakes going on tomorrow :D
Gotta say, I'm very, VERY happy with the quality of the swampy braided hoses. :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13003&stc=1&d=1299441267

cherry1809
Saturday 7th April 2012, 12:46
Just bagged a set of 5 Tritons with tyres. Lovely jubbly. :)
If all goes well, I should be getting a fully forged engine soon too. :D

nottsgreent5
Sunday 8th April 2012, 20:22
how much were the hoses mate i need some for my 302s soon to be fitted

Jamest5r
Sunday 8th April 2012, 20:31
how much were the hoses mate i need some for my 302s soon to be fitted

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35777

cherry1809
Monday 9th April 2012, 09:04
I didn't have anything fancy on the ends and I paid £48 delivered. :)

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 09:18
What suspension are you running or how much drop? mine has had the top of the liners cut abit to stop rubbing. yours looks low as well.

cherry1809
Saturday 5th May 2012, 09:05
What suspension are you running or how much drop? mine has had the top of the liners cut abit to stop rubbing. yours looks low as well.

Lowered 40mm on the front, Whatever was on the rear when I bought it. It still has Nivo's so probably standard.
Tritons just picked up, Will get pics up as soon as they're on. :)

cherry1809
Saturday 5th May 2012, 14:37
No rubbing :D

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13274&stc=1&d=1336224825
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13275&stc=1&d=1336224825

Jamest5r
Saturday 5th May 2012, 15:08
They look lovely mate :)

nottsgreent5
Saturday 5th May 2012, 18:41
very nice mate wanna swap for some volans lol

WOODY T5
Saturday 5th May 2012, 19:28
looks very nice that mate

T5frankie
Saturday 5th May 2012, 20:33
lovely wheels, i just don't think multi spokes suit 850's

Jamest5r
Saturday 5th May 2012, 21:54

Your wrong :)

Rhys
Saturday 5th May 2012, 22:01

Think I agree also, but that's just my opinion. Alpina cottonreels might work though.. (but then again in always liked cottonreels)

T5frankie
Saturday 5th May 2012, 22:28
Your wrong :)

nah mate too busy for the simple lines of the 850, pegs are best imo, i think 19" pegs would look really nice on a white 850

Jamest5r
Saturday 5th May 2012, 22:31
nah mate too busy for the simple lines of the 850, pegs are best imo, i think 19" pegs would look really nice on a white 850

I know what your saying look at mine lol, but on that 850 in white they look cool imho :)

T5frankie
Saturday 5th May 2012, 22:34
I know what your saying look at mine lol, but on that 850 in white they look cool imho :)

what does a man in his 50's know about cool lol

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/SEXY_d311f0_2346736.jpg

cherry1809
Sunday 6th May 2012, 10:12
very nice mate wanna swap for some volans lol
Lol, Not after the kerfuffle I had actually getting them back. A jobs worth TNT driver threw a big nob shaped spanner in the works. Ended up on a 400 mile round trip starting on the first day of my holiday, at 0400 Saturday morning. But there you go. :)

cherry1809
Sunday 6th May 2012, 10:16

isn't there clearance issues with 19's? I did look into the pegs before and it seemed the ride quality took a dive as well. I've got plenty of air round these at the minute. Certainly more than I had with the Perfo's and balloons anyway. Lol.

T5frankie
Sunday 6th May 2012, 10:34
isn't there clearance issues with 19's? I did look into the pegs before and it seemed the ride quality took a dive as well. I've got plenty of air round these at the minute. Certainly more than I had with the Perfo's and balloons anyway. Lol.

Yeah lots of issues but I have 235 tyres on the front when they have worn out ill get 215's

M-R-P
Sunday 6th May 2012, 10:53
Looking very nice mate. Don't you have tarmac where you come from? Just mud and fields in the pics. Perhaps you should yave gone for some XC wheels instead :hilarious

Volvostorm
Sunday 6th May 2012, 10:58
The Triton's look great on there mate :)

I've always had multi spokes to the 850, they suit the shape of the car, I've neverr liked pegs, too shapeless it looks like they where designed by Matchbox! :P

T5frankie
Sunday 6th May 2012, 11:00
The Triton's look great on there mate :)

I've always had multi spokes to the 850, they suit the shape of the car, I've neverr liked pegs, too shapeless it looks like they where designed by Matchbox! :P

looking at your wheels you cannot possibly have the correct opinion lol (just kidding lol)

Volvostorm
Sunday 6th May 2012, 11:07
You haven't seen my new set though! ;)

(Yes, they are a multi spoke)

Might get a set of pegs for the track though, indeed rims to beat up! :P ;)

cherry1809
Sunday 6th May 2012, 14:31
Looking very nice mate. Don't you have tarmac where you come from? Just mud and fields in the pics. Perhaps you should yave gone for some XC wheels instead :hilarious

Lol, We do, but the fields are smoother :D

Jamest5r
Sunday 6th May 2012, 14:49
what does a man in his 50's know about cool lol

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/SEXY_d311f0_2346736.jpg

Cheeky git that's a decade away for me lol

martybelfastt5
Monday 7th May 2012, 13:06
looks unreal!

spesh
Monday 7th May 2012, 22:13
looking MMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAZZING as we say in wales

cherry1809
Saturday 8th September 2012, 12:49
Rust free bonnet now fitted, free of charge. :D
Shame they took the other car off the trailor with the forklift, I'd have had a spare set of doors and boot too :(

Next on the list of immediate jobs:

Black out the grille
New high power coil and decent leads
Plugs... OE or after market?
Fix/replace the leaky frontpipe

cherry1809
Sunday 7th April 2013, 16:39
Update: Intermittent misfire 'seems' to have stopped after changing the injectors (to blues)
When the old ones came out, the bottom 0 ring plastic retaining part fell apart on two injectors and there was a slight discolouration around the nozzles of two as well.
Took it for a test drive and it's loads smoother on the uptake, although the revs are hanging a touch again. Can hear a slight hiss around the throttle cable area on tickover which could be the suspect. Tickover is also steady now, where as before it was a little lumpy.
Overall = Happy :)

Tomcat
Sunday 7th April 2013, 16:54
Cars looking really nice now bud!

iancho
Monday 8th April 2013, 08:35
Really nice looking motor you have.... and the wheels do actually suit the car ;)

AndysR
Tuesday 9th April 2013, 21:48
No rubbing :D

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13274&stc=1&d=1336224825
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13275&stc=1&d=1336224825

Perfect! What a stunning look you've created with those wheels in that colour on that car in that colour! Wouldn't change that at all..

cherry1809
Sunday 7th July 2013, 16:48
Not much has happened lately apart from another freebie airfilter and deleted headlight wipers. Unknown filter make and a little scuffed around the edges, but looked good enough inside. Took out the plate on the cold air feed behind the grill, to provide a bit more flow to it and all seems well. Not much louder but I'll ditch the recirc as soon as I get hold of another blanking plate. This engine won't be in for much longer now anyway (hopefully ;)) Lots of new goodies coming :D

All being well, these bits will be up for grabs...
R Engine, 200k, might get someone out the poo. (Free)
Gearbox M59 with shafts
Catback Stainless OBX with cat replacement pipe
16T
RICA 304 (Manual I think)
Blues

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21865&d=1373211566

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21866&d=1373211571

cherry1809
Thursday 12th December 2013, 16:21
Okay, update time...

For sale ad more than likely going up later.
Pics all here so I'll list the good and bad in the ad.
Basically I'm not going to butcher it with the new parts, so they will be going on another car.
And I'm not taking any parts off this so it'll go as is :)

M-R-P
Thursday 12th December 2013, 16:28
Been sucked-in by the comfort and refinement of the P2 now Darren?

V70 Graham
Thursday 12th December 2013, 18:15
Another one that will make a good project.

cherry1809
Thursday 12th December 2013, 19:49
Lol, the V70 hasn't swayed me from an 850. Next ones a saloon though ;)

AndysR
Thursday 12th December 2013, 20:41
Lol, the V70 hasn't swayed me from an 850. Next ones a saloon though ;)

Good lad ;)