PDA

View Full Version : Koni rear shocks

monsterdark
Friday 26th November 2004, 09:27
Guys am having a dim moment, do's anyone know how to set up the rear shocks, have the bit of paper they sent but its like a flatpack plan cannot understand what they are on about. They are the adjustable type, just what to know how to set them up :shifty:

Bracer
Friday 26th November 2004, 09:36
Guys am having a dim moment, do's anyone know how to set up the rear shocks, have the bit of paper they sent but its like a flatpack plan cannot understand what they are on about. They are the adjustable type, just what to know how to set them up :shifty:

Errrrrrrrrr

Cant remember what the base setting is weight wise. But to adjust them you just turn the nob on the top of then. I thing clockwise increases the stiffness and anti clockwise reduces it, the turn is notched so as long as you do them the same way and the same # of notches you'll be fine and its just a matter of how hard or soft you want it :wink:

Is that of any help ?

monsterdark
Friday 26th November 2004, 09:52
cheers Bracer, thats for the front have that method can understand that, rears seem to be put into a vice, fully extended then turned the bottom section clockwise to increase resitance ?? thats what i think looking @ drawing???

monsterdark
Friday 26th November 2004, 09:59
cheers Bracer madness has just sorted me out on other forum thanks again for quick reply :thewave:

Bracer
Friday 26th November 2004, 10:04
cheers Bracer madness has just sorted me out on other forum thanks again for quick reply :thewave:

No probs mate :wink:

But just for others heres the reply from Madness

hi monsterdark. the first move is just to fit them and see what you think as they are supplied in a fast road setting, and i dont know anybody who found it necessary to remove them and adjust them after.
if you have the yellow koni's you have to compress them until they click and then you turn them either 90 or 180 degrees to adjust. the instructions are next to useless!! dont worry about the different height settings for the spring seat