View Full Version : c70 convertable phase 1 hardtop

Plodmonkey
Monday 17th May 2010, 22:28
is this true as i have never heard of it
my lecture at uni mentioned it once but i never new they did a hard top one

http://www.awecar.com/Make/Volvo/C70/en.html

t5_monkey
Monday 17th May 2010, 23:08
Interesting car - a concept maybe? I've never heard of it...

bubba_1986
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 00:24
intresting, certainly the mechanics of the roof look very simliar to the new c70. Either this is what it is bases on, as t5_monkey says, or it is a photoshop job prehaps.

If it turns out to be true, wouldn't mind having one

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 03:09
true if its real i want one

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 09:25
It was just a concept. When i read about this a couple of years ago it had a red one, and it looked like they were going to do this as the next step - but in the end just brought out a new C70.

Could be wrong though, but pretty much sure it never made it to public.

Jaseb77
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 09:40
it was a concept / onoff made by Valmet of finland

see here

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/hatric_concept_c70.shtml

p fandango
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 09:42
It was just a concept. When i read about this a couple of years ago it had a red one, and it looked like they were going to do this as the next step - but in the end just brought out a new C70.

Could be wrong though, but pretty much sure it never made it to public.
wasn't there an argument between the design company & Volvo, the company who designed & made the prototype thought they would be responsible for the whole of production once on sale & Volvo just wanted them to figure out how to do it etc then take over production themselves

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 13:45
they should have made it i would have snatched it of their hands straight away

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 15:09
wasn't there an argument between the design company & Volvo, the company who designed & made the prototype thought they would be responsible for the whole of production once on sale & Volvo just wanted them to figure out how to do it etc then take over production themselves

Sounds about right to me, shame, it looks a nice motor! so somewhere that one is still knocking around? wonder where it is ??

p fandango
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 19:57
so somewhere that one is still knocking around? wonder where it is ??
there should be 2, VOC has pictures of 2 different coloured ones. Bet there either hidden in the back of a warehouse somewhere or the company MD's got them

a friend of mine works for an automotive company which make prototype cars for basically anyone. They made 4 Rover 75 V8 twin turbo's (which took alot of work messing with the bulkhead etc) they were almost 100% ready to go into general public production when someone decided to shelf it, so the top gaffers got a car each & that was the end of the project

bubba_1986
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:30
There is actually two diffrent versions of thier design

see http://www.valmet-automotive.com/automotive/cms.nsf/pages/E1ADA4FF7F47EDDCC225712D003B3DE5?opendocument

One called Hatric, and one Volvo cc, the cc one looks more like the coupe, the hatric has a terrible long boot

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:58
the volvo cc looks really smart

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 00:05
Your right, yeh the Volvo CC looks the best