PDA

View Full Version : just a little more pls

antmann
Monday 17th May 2010, 20:45
Evening all, had my T5 auto a few months now a loving it, but...is there a cheap way getting a few more ponies? not wanting rica 300+ bhp, can you just fit a bleed valve? cheers Si.

Tomcat
Monday 17th May 2010, 21:08
Get yourself a manual boost controller...

cherry1809
Monday 17th May 2010, 21:20
As TC said, MBC for about £20 and a decent boost gauge will help a lot.
If you can stretch to it, A HLM re map will set you back just £150 and get you the same results as a RICA, Pretty much.

Rnash2002
Monday 17th May 2010, 22:05
As above have said but once you get the bug you will want more and more lol :)

t5_monkey
Monday 17th May 2010, 22:25
I started with a 'just getting a remap'... it's like crack cocaine, in fact, it's worse. Think carefully before you take a hit from the tuning pipe... once you start riding the magic horsepower dragon there's no going back. :parhmph:

Tomcat
Monday 17th May 2010, 23:25
once you start riding the magic horsepower dragon there's no going back. :parhmph:

LMFAO!!!, well described...

t5_monkey
Monday 17th May 2010, 23:39
LMFAO!!!, well described...

Tuning is for guys... what catnip is like for cats... just replace 'catnip' for 'horsepower' in the video, you'll understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mUCYZ-8vHo

antmann
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 06:38
cheers guys, MBC i think is the way. i'll have a look about, back later...si

antmann
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 16:10
Get yourself a manual boost controller...

is that just a bleed valve?

mattp
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 16:34

No, they work differently. On a side note I have an MBC for sale ;)

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 18:41

A normal bleed valve won't work on your car.
Bleed valves do as they suggest, They bleed air off the turbo to actuator pipe, Tricking the turbo into making more boost.
An MBC holds back pressure from reaching the actuator, allowing the turbo to spool up quicker, And hold more boost before the pressure is released at a set point, Allowing the wastegate to open normally.
I think :slap:

p fandango
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 19:46
A normal bleed valve won't work on your car.
Bleed valves do as they suggest, They bleed air off the turbo to actuator pipe, Tricking the turbo into making more boost.
it will work, as you say its bleeds air from the actuator to create more boost than standard, their no where near as good as a MBC

LiamT4
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:36
If you want a bit more power for little money then get a de-cat. I was always told that this gets more power than anything else you can do to the exhaust, apart from changing the manifold, and is very cheap and simple to do. Made a noticable difference on my last t4 higher up the rev range.

Oh, and get a panel filter (£30ish). An mbc, de-cat and panel filter should make it go very well for very little money.

cherry1809
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 21:28
it will work, as you say its bleeds air from the actuator to create more boost than standard, their no where near as good as a MBC

Was only saying it wouldn't, As when I rigged one up on my first T5 the actuator was too weak to give any real boost with just the bleed valve.
Had to bleed so much air off to get it to work, The screw wasn't even in. LOL.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 21:33
I started with a 'just getting a remap'... it's like crack cocaine, in fact, it's worse. Think carefully before you take a hit from the tuning pipe... once you start riding the magic horsepower dragon there's no going back. :parhmph:

Tell me about it! I'm trying to work out where to take mine to get the mods done

t5_monkey
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:29
Tell me about it! I'm trying to work out where to take mine to get the mods done

Hamish at HLM? There's bound to be a few good places around where you are if you post up about it.

p fandango
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 22:35
Turbo Tuner (http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/default.htm) it, you can get anyone with a rolling road to set it up for you then. If you invest in a decent AFR gauge you can do it yourself

Volvostorm
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 19:02
I'll start at new thread, but, I'm thinking about going quite far in terms of mods, rods, cams 18/19 turbo etc

antmann
Saturday 22nd May 2010, 13:56
Got MBC vavle fitting, just using standard boost gauge. see what happens. Si.