PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a 98 V70R advice

volvokid
Monday 17th May 2010, 15:11
I’m considering breaking a V70R how much money do you think I should be able to fetch overall with all the parts?

dave854
Monday 17th May 2010, 15:23
Whats up with the car? Would be a shame to see another R go. I would imagine though £1000 easily for basic parts and prob more over time if you've got somewhere to store the car while you strip it.

siamblue
Monday 17th May 2010, 16:16
HI Martyn, you should get 2 times that mate, pm me if you want, is it an auto? or any other defects? lol.

Gary.

MisterC1501
Monday 17th May 2010, 18:27
Are the breaking that R AWD with the leaking turbo pipe IIRC??

volvokid
Monday 17th May 2010, 18:37
Are the breaking that R AWD with the leaking turbo pipe IIRC??

If it was just a leaking turbo pipe I wouldnt be thinking about it, I changed the turbo. but the gear box is duff I think, and the mechanics said the gearbox has been opened up recently so the person who sold the car may of knew of the problem hmm I wonder eh.

Al115
Monday 17th May 2010, 18:43
You'll make good money if you are prepared to take the time and dick around with eBay. 2 grand without too much trouble for a fully working car, probably near 2 and a half with real patience.

volvokid
Monday 17th May 2010, 18:47
You'll make good money if you are prepared to take the time and dick around with eBay. 2 grand without too much trouble for a fully working car, probably near 2 and a half with real patience.

Al Id rather sell this thing as a whole rather than break it I would like to just break even with what I have spent on it. I know for a fact I'm not breaking a car at my house I'd have to find some place to do it.

MisterC1501
Monday 17th May 2010, 19:04
Al Id rather sell this thing as a whole rather than break it

That's probably your best option. Trouble with cars like this, is that certain parts (wheels, brakes, interior) are quite sought after, but the rest is generally not as sought after. Bumpers are good, but you don't want to be left with a rolling chassis parked outside your house on blocks.....not very neighbourly :slap:

Jimmie
Monday 17th May 2010, 21:52
If it was just a leaking turbo pipe I wouldnt be thinking about it, I changed the turbo. but the gear box is duff I think, and the mechanics said the gearbox has been opened up recently so the person who sold the car may of knew of the problem hmm I wonder eh.

Can you trust anyone nowadays?.

volvokid
Monday 17th May 2010, 21:57
Can you trust anyone nowadays?.

I think you know the answer to that one

MrMark
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 09:10
What does it owe you?

Is this the pink AWD from on here a while back?

Price depending I would buy it

Alternatively I have a perfectly good M58 gearbox, transfer box and diff in the garage

volvokid
Wednesday 26th May 2010, 10:09
What does it owe you?

Is this the pink AWD from on here a while back?

Price depending I would buy it

Alternatively I have a perfectly good M58 gearbox, transfer box and diff in the garage

Mark I will PM or call you tonight after work