PDA

View Full Version : RICA Possible Upgrade

MacXC60T5
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:01
Just noticed that TMS Volvo in Coventry can do a RICA upgrade to my 2005
will this effect my warranty with Volvo and what can I expect performance wise and also is it worth it. All advice appreciated.

t5_monkey
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:25
is your car still in warranty?

As far as i know the situation is it only affects the warranty if the upgrade was shown to directly cause the failure.

If you take care of your care and treat it with some respect a remap will make virtually no difference to its lifespan - not sure what the performance difference on the V70 will be, but mine was night and day (esp in the midrange)

Jamest5r
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:27
Contact Chad on here he is the rica dealer for the midlands.

MacXC60T5
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:38
Not sure if its a case of must have an upgrade before thinking about it, Do I really need one, do I use the potential of the T5 as it is. I think a chat with Chad may help me decide.

MacXC60T5
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:42
is your car still in warranty?

As far as i know the situation is it only affects the warranty if the upgrade was shown to directly cause the failure.

If you take care of your care and treat it with some respect a remap will make virtually no difference to its lifespan - not sure what the performance difference on the V70 will be, but mine was night and day (esp in the midrange)

Got the T5 in Feb this year from Harratts Sheffield its got a 12 month Volvo used warranty for what its worth, T5 only done 30k. Found out reasontally that there is a lot the warranty does not cover but thats another story.
Thanks for the help.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:53
It's nice knowing you have the extra if you needed to use it. Mine gets to 2500rpm and you can feel the car wanting to take off.If you do decide to get it done just remember you need to run it on v power fuel or similar not the usual unleaded stuff. V-power near me is currently £1.29 a litre.