PDA

View Full Version : I hate liars.

crespo
Saturday 15th May 2010, 12:22
If this is running 340bhp i will eat a turd. And his valuation is way off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180505618071

t5_monkey
Saturday 15th May 2010, 12:37
It's ex police so a lower spec + had a harder life than a regular car, so it should be under book anyway.

with a remap alone you'd be getting about 285 on that car.

Flatout Phil
Saturday 15th May 2010, 13:34
If this is running 340bhp i will eat a turd. And his valuation is way off.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180505618071

If you do, post a video on Youtube! :uglyhamme

p fandango
Saturday 15th May 2010, 13:37
ah but your forgetting the "spec R" stuff the Police fitted :confused:

Flatout Phil
Saturday 15th May 2010, 14:16
ah but your forgetting the "spec R" stuff the Police fitted :confused:

Is he gonna eat a turd mamma?

p fandango
Saturday 15th May 2010, 14:19
Is he gonna eat a turd mamma?
lets just say i'm not going to use the knife & fork after he's used it lol

Loadsamiles
Saturday 15th May 2010, 16:21
It's ex police so a lower spec + had a harder life than a regular car, so it should be under book anyway.

Remaps take those up to somewhere about 310-320 bhp.

Remember it has a 2.4 engine. the same KKK K24 turbo as an S60R, the same variable rate fuel supply as an R, and the same intake system as an R.

As standard they are 260 bhp.

Still a load of BS in the ad though.

thebadger
Saturday 15th May 2010, 17:55
^
Agreed, the likley map BHP would sit between 290bhp-315bhp. We would mostly be requiring a bigger turbo to see anywhere near 340BHP (and I mean a BIG turbo) as you'd then need some major engine rework if we were talking that size.

I'd assume on my own car with, say a 19T & a custom map, I might squeeze 330-340bhp out of my car, but the potential to bin it & melt the engine is far too great!

I've never even had the car dyno'd but I'm sure even with a map I'd not get 300bhp out of it! :P

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 15th May 2010, 19:50
I just find it odd that the police would release it at such low mileage.

I am not sure that youtube would allow a turd eating video??

thebadger
Saturday 15th May 2010, 19:57
My car was released at 65K....

mike 850
Saturday 15th May 2010, 20:03
isn't on years of service or a certain mileage whatever comes first?

thebadger
Saturday 15th May 2010, 20:11
I think so, my car (allegedly) was a "top brass" use car, so may never have had the badges, but did have lights (wires behind the grill show this) and the radio too.

But I have docs from South Yorkshire Constabulary which confirm it reached the end of its service at just over 65K on the clock. It must have been a set number of years in service that it reached.

jbconno
Saturday 15th May 2010, 21:14
Mine was released after only 18 months and 75K. It was from the Northern Constabulary.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 15th May 2010, 21:31
You will have to forgive my ignorance - nether the less 340 is a bit steep.

Flatout Phil
Saturday 15th May 2010, 23:00
I am not sure that youtube would allow a turd eating video??

Yes they do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxS9M2sfFP4&feature=related

Spooky
Sunday 16th May 2010, 10:37
haahahaha. So forgive my possible ignorance here, but if he has bought it as ex-police and he is now the current owner... how the hell can he list it as "1 owner from new" !!!!

cherry1809
Sunday 16th May 2010, 11:18
That's what would be on the log book, He just forgot to add himself :uglyhamme

mike 850
Sunday 16th May 2010, 13:48
im gonna sent him a message saying I'll buy it if he can give me a r/r readout of 340bhp

Turkish
Sunday 16th May 2010, 20:52
The 2.4 T5 can produce 350 BHP, but you will need a large downpipe and cat back, you may also need green injectors from the R. Mine was dyno'd on a maha 3000 at 348.5 BHP.

mike 850
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:06
I have no doubt it does and if the advert said it had a downpipe, exhaust etc etc i could believe it but its the same old "police" spec rubbish that's making it 340bhp

t5_monkey
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:31
The 2.4 T5 can produce 350 BHP, but you will need a large downpipe and cat back, you may also need green injectors from the R. Mine was dyno'd on a maha 3000 at 348.5 BHP.

Is that without your FMIC fitted?

Just out of interest... what was your power at the wheels running 350 crank? I've only got a WHP dyno readout for mine...

jbconno
Sunday 16th May 2010, 21:57
I dont think he is a liar, just talking nonsense.

LeeT5
Monday 17th May 2010, 02:36
I love the way he just says "your paying for the R badge...." LOL
He obviously didn't think we wouldn't notice the blatant lack of 1) Full leather 2) Brembo brakes 3) space ball gear stick 4) Bi-Xenons....to name a few!

He is a liar, because he says "because the brake pads i've just had on are from volvo only and they are tyre r ones. there is your proof mate".... Actually, there not!

He also goes on to spout more bs... " if you know the police and have had an ex police car before you will know that they are tuned before they have them as they need to be quicker than standard cars. if you ring volvo up on this number 01527 69111 or any volvo and give them the reg they will tell you it's a police car before you even tell them. and that everythink is up rated."

LOL. I have it on good authority that the police do NOT chip their cars. The only things that are replaced are the front and rear anti roll bars (uprated) and the brake pads are replaced with 'police spec' pads, made by Volvo for the UK police. Thats it.

This guy is so full of sh it. Steer well clear, cars probably only worth about £3000. It may well of been looked after but at the end of the day it's been thrashed in pursuits and ragged by so many drivers being as all police cars are 'pool' cars.

..paying for the badge :hilarious, what a twa t!!

steveo82
Monday 31st May 2010, 20:29
I think so, my car (allegedly) was a "top brass" use car, so may never have had the badges, but did have lights (wires behind the grill show this) and the radio too.

But I have docs from South Yorkshire Constabulary which confirm it reached the end of its service at just over 65K on the clock. It must have been a set number of years in service that it reached.

its based on mileage and age, as some forces lease their cars so they don't have to worry about getting rid of em!!

we have 3 s-max's for ARV'S and they get binned at 140,000 or 5 years and judging by past cars they will be shagged by time we bin em:B_thumb:

steveo82
Monday 31st May 2010, 21:16
seen as i am a copper ive heard allsorts about "police spec" especially volvo's so i chuck my two-peneth in!!

from volvo's SVP the S60/V70 comes with the normal engine range eg 2.3 T5/2.4 T5 and the 2.5 LPT the chassis is reinforced,biggest brakes to go behind the wheels usually the 302mm discs+ police spec pads only real difference is more dust :) factory fitted wiring for lightbar, radios etc double DIN unit for radio sets and a DIN box next to handbrake for more radios, up-rated suspension + nivomat self levelling goodies+ anti-roll bars are thicker but are know to snap :), calibrated speedo to within 1 mph, "solid" wishbone bushes for extended life and then all the good stuff like digital Clim control removed, leather and arse warmers removed, cruise control still on but sometimes disconnected by the force mechanics oh and privacy glass on newer models!!

engine mods, if any, would be at force level and it has been done in the past but to be honest most people would never know as it wont be common knowledge coz if the crims found out u were running a RICA 310 they use cars to match if not better that so generally its pointless!! probably stuff i've forgotten but baton/torch holders dont count as mods to me :) ahh sort-of-rant over :nut: