PDA

View Full Version : S60 R Wheels

chris21340
Thursday 13th May 2010, 07:05
Hello all,

Can anyone tell what the correct 'offset' is for the S60 R pegasus wheel?

I have seen these rims and cannot make my mind up whether they are ok?

Or do they say drug dealer/pimp??

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/23734168/aview/1240388333347_AEZ_lascar.jpg

Regards

Chris

thebadger
Thursday 13th May 2010, 10:31
108x5 63-65mm centre bore usually 8J width.

Thoes whells in the piccy will most likley fit (they're like weeds on ebay) but I would say that some OEM wheels look much nicer & suit the car better. Try Nebulas for a start...

chris21340
Thursday 13th May 2010, 10:58
Most wheels seem to have a 45 offset which I believe is too close for the 'R' calipers. I currently have nebulas (copies) but you need a spacer (5mm) to clear properly. I dont like the idea of spacers as in my case, the chamfer on the inside of the alloys is quite large resulting in the wheel not sitting snugly on the stub axle spiggot. I am looking at 235 x 35 x 19 inch but it is just the offset seems to be a mystery?

Chris

dave stew
Thursday 13th May 2010, 13:13
108x5 63-65mm centre bore usually 8J width.

Thoes whells in the piccy will most likley fit (they're like weeds on ebay) but I would say that some OEM wheels look much nicer & suit the car better. Try Nebulas for a start...

Oh yes, Nebs are the way to go!

t5_monkey
Thursday 13th May 2010, 14:59
I think they look a big 'drug dealer' and there's some better OEM wheels about.

I've just had to put my 17" wheels back on, due to a problem with my new 18" inchers, and I have to say hand on heart, it drives a lot better with the 17's.

(they're lighter, even though the 18's are proper lightweight wheels - and it rides better too, so although the limits of grip and traction are lower, it's a nicer experience to drive quickly.)

So 18's look the biz but you'll be making some compromises with ride comfort etc...

thebadger
Thursday 13th May 2010, 18:10
^
Agreed, my car came on some 18" rep pegs & the ride was very harsh.

True enought that after lowering it & konis the ride is almost as harsh, but I'm less worried of destroying an alloy when there's more tyre to chusion any blows... & in my town, the roads are mostly pot-holes!

Nebs are top on my list of "wheels I want a set of" as I already have a set of comets...

chris21340
Friday 14th May 2010, 09:38
I have just had the car lowered but due to the wheel issue I cannot take it for a proper 'assessment.' I have sold my nebulas so the car is currently on four axle stands looking quite sad.

The mods so far;

MTE remap
Bilstien B8's
Eibach springs.
Poly bushed front wishbones.
IPD turbo control valve.
IPD roll bars front and back.
Ultra racing strut braces x 4.
IMIV ipod interface.
Rear view camera integrated through factory sat nav.

Just the wheels to sort.
Tyres will be Continental Sport Contact 5's.

Wish list

3" downpipe and free flow cat
MTE stage 2 remap.

Sadly now out of cash!

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

Chris

Libra
Friday 14th May 2010, 18:15
I have seen a few different types of alloys on the S60R/V70R and some suit the car and some just shout drug dealer and you then loose that 'stealtheyness' that comes with the car. I think that there is only one particular wheel that suits the R models appearance is the Heico Sportiv Volution

http://www.heicosportiv.de/nextshopcms/cmsimage.asp?fkt=3&id=5252

http://www.heicosportiv.de/mainframe.asp?lang=en&e1=214

But these are probably going to be expensive I would imagine.

Hunter
Friday 14th May 2010, 20:10
can anyone tell what the correct 'offset' is for the s60 r pegasus wheel?

I believe mine are 8 x 18 with an offset of ET46

t5_monkey
Friday 14th May 2010, 21:11
I looked into Heico's - very very expensive.

After all that money spent on making it drive amazingly... how about a set of lightweight 17's ? 18's look good but if you want the nice ride and great driving feel go for a set of light 17's...

chris21340
Sunday 16th May 2010, 13:46
Like the Heico wheels but PFV want £680 a wheel!!! I assume for that price they fly the technician over on Lufthansa 1st class with a limo to fit them? Ouch!

t5_monkey
Sunday 16th May 2010, 14:24
Like the Heico wheels but PFV want £680 a wheel!!! I assume for that price they fly the technician over on Lufthansa 1st class with a limo to fit them? Ouch!

Have you looked at the BBS CV? Look good but much cheaper - about £650 for 4 rims

http://www.vivaperformance.com/catalog/images/bbs_cv2.jpg