PDA

View Full Version : anti lag

cartoonhead
Sunday 9th May 2010, 23:59
could i get anti lag put onto an 850 t5, if so what needs to be done and around how much

t5_monkey
Monday 10th May 2010, 00:12
would you really want it? AFAIK it's mainly so you don't bog down in 1st gear on a launch... but with FWD it's more like to be wheelspin? :)

cartoonhead
Monday 10th May 2010, 00:25
its more for the noise and the backfires its just for a bit of fun my mates all have it on there imprezas and they sound awsome

t5_monkey
Monday 10th May 2010, 00:42
its more for the noise and the backfires its just for a bit of fun my mates all have it on there imprezas and they sound awsome

he he well yeah it does sound pretty awesome.

If you get a straight through custom exhaust (i.e. no mufflers) you'll get some of the pops and bangs even without it.

I can get mine to burble and pop by revving to 3000 and pumping the throttle a little (and I've still got a backbox in my exhaust - had the middlebox removed)

a De-Cat with raise the noise and banging sounds even more - you'll get that crack sound when you change gear etc....

If you get a custom remap they might be able to 'map in' the overrun pops and bangs for you too.

Note of caution - you'll need a good hifi so you don't commit suicide on long runs from the exhaust drone!

Besides... a T5 sounds wicked all of the time... if you get a forge BOV, de-cat and straight thru exhaust, yours will sound BETTER than an evo or Scooby, it'll sound like a group B Audi Quattro ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEK7POxpVeE

If I ever won the lottery - I'd want my road car to sound exactly like that - then see the look on the Corsa brigades' faces when you give that a good rev!

Volvostorm
Monday 10th May 2010, 15:55
I think you need an strengthen turbo to use it, lest thats what I seem to remember

p fandango
Monday 10th May 2010, 16:03
i've got the exhaust bypass valve & launch control set on hard rev cut to get the most out of the pops & bangs lol

you do get pops on over-run with a decat, had a few people comment on flames out the back as well

thebadger
Monday 10th May 2010, 21:31
My good friend who passed just last month once claimed I had flames shooting out my exhaust when I popped the gas in while in park.

My car has an annoying 4k limit on it when it's not in drive. :(

cartoonhead
Monday 10th May 2010, 22:56
thanks everybody the you tube clip was spot on t5 monkey when you win the lottery bring it roon im in east kilbride thought it might be just a chip and you could have a setting for it when my mate is back in 2 weeks i will get a clip of film of his and post it it sounds mental