PDA

View Full Version : Another Northern meet later in the year?

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 14:19
As you may all recall the last northern meet @ the Stretton Fox went down really well all bar the venue.

Well after having talks with the brewey they have offered us another pub which will be more than happy to accomodate us and look after us. The pub is the Walton Fox @ Bamber Bridge, Lancashire.

Does anyone want to give this company another try? Or organise another Northern meet later in the year (September/October maybe?) with a different brewery altogether?

x

Andrew
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 14:34
Well they appear to be keen to please. I'd travel up north in October to give em a go.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 15:30
As you may all recall the last northern meet @ the Stretton Fox went down really well all bar the venue.

Well after having talks with the brewey they have offered us another pub which will be more than happy to accomodate us and look after us. The pub is the Walton Fox @ Bamber Bridge, Lancashire.

Does anyone want to give this company another try? Or organise another Northern meet later in the year (September/October maybe?) with a different brewery altogether?

x
I think the location/setting is more a factor than any brewery chain but if it sounds ok why not.

Andrew
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 16:19
I think the location/setting is more a factor than any brewery chain but if it sounds ok why not.

You have location - bamber bridge, Lancs :)

EDIT: Full address is The Walton Fox, Lostock Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6BZ 01772 323364

I found this in a review guide - sounds promising:
================================================== ========
Description: There's nowhere better to mix business with pleasure. At the Walton Fox you can easily sandwich a great meal into a lunch hour. Generous portions of mouth watering favourites all accompanied by fast friendly service, mean this inn is the ideal place to eat with clients or colleagues.

The Walton Fox is also an ideal choice for business people who like to do busines in informal surroundings.

Road Directions: Situated on the A6 Lostock Lane.
================================================== ========

Multimap reference: www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.7208&lon=-2.6704&scale=25000&icon=x

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 16:25
Having been chatting to TDS we have come up with a better plan!! :wiggle: He's just going to look into the logistics of it and we'll go from there!

x

Andrew
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 16:26
Having been chatting to TDS we have come up with a better plan!! :wiggle: He's just going to look into the logistics of it and we'll go from there!

x

ewww another surprise - how exciting :)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 16:28
ewww another surprise - how exciting :)

Not quite as exciting as Matt's revelation!! Just something a little more family friendly in a lovely location (I'd post the link up but I have lost it :slap: )

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:03
Possible Other Location : Wentworth Castle, Barnsley, as seen on BBC2 Restoration Programme, also scene of where i took my pics yesterday.
Stately home in 500 acres of countryside and parks, it has a bar on site and restaurant(subsidised as its an adult college), great for photos and no landlords hassling us to move on, country pub also 5min walk through the grounds if you like, so no parking issues. Still looking at finer details for now but it's a nice location, 2 miles from M1 J37, handy for Trans Pennine roads, some lovely country roads around to test your Ricas ...

Hope this interactive link works.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/fun/360/wentworth_baroque.shtml

Andrew
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:04
Nice: http://www.wentworthcastle.org/

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:14
Rough mileages to it as follows :

Birmingham - 100
Manchester - 32
Newcastle - 105
London - 175
Cardiff - 200
Hull - 65
My house - 1 lol..

I actually am slightly against the venue being selfish as i like to go for the drive too but i guess i could take you the twisty roads local if the venue suits most people.

DONKEYT5
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:16
put me down on the list! its about time i turned up for a met with my car!!!

andi's red 850R
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 17:42
:B_steerin ill be there :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 01:18
Me too! S'long as no-one gets stroppy about having bonnets up int' car park - :slap:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 02:05
Me too! S'long as no-one gets stroppy about having bonnets up int' car park - :slap:
No probs Dave, wot u like at mending tractors mate. :wtf:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 18:56
Another potential venue, again only 3miles from the M1, handy for trans pennine travel too, wotcha think, also does reasonable accommodation if you feeling amorous lol.. :remybussi

http://www.wortleyhall.com/

Mrsmopp
Thursday 30th June 2005, 09:13
Another good venue idea! I'll leave the decision on where and organising of it down to you tho TDS!! Which do you think will be the better of the 2?

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 30th June 2005, 23:11
Another good venue idea! I'll leave the decision on where and organising of it down to you tho TDS!! Which do you think will be the better of the 2?

x
I'm gonna see the guy at Wortley Hall next Wednesday to outline wot we want, ie no hassle after we spent £500 over his counter, and hopefully cone us a plot off, they do have classic car shows there thru the summer too and theres nice roads around too if any 1 fancies a blast.
The other venue i'm ringing again tomoz, i keep missing the lady i need to chat too. Do you have a date in mind exactly ? Sept 18th or 25th ? I think they are Sundays. Let me know.

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 1st July 2005, 00:39
Anytime in September, would be a good time to sell a pile of FIREWORKS to like minded T5 nuts. Plug plug plug......

Andrew
Friday 1st July 2005, 09:35
We have the big meet at the Volvo training centre on the 23rd September so earlier or later than that by a week would be handy.

Mrsmopp
Friday 1st July 2005, 09:41
11th?

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 1st July 2005, 13:16
11th?

x
Can sort the 11th lol yeah but i shall be in Germany shaving tenths off the lap record at the Nurburgring, what about the 18th ? Thats my weekend off too so would help me.

Andrew
Friday 1st July 2005, 13:19
18th works for me.

Mrsmopp
Friday 1st July 2005, 13:31
And me!

x

DONKEYT5
Friday 1st July 2005, 15:12
anytime in sept is good for me!

bigndaft
Friday 1st July 2005, 15:19
Count me in...looking forward to it :B_steerin

S40xs
Friday 1st July 2005, 17:22
Im up for another meet, count me in!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 1st July 2005, 18:02
Thankyou for the support guys, both venues are very nice, grounds & parks, beer, food, both used to hosting car related events etc.... , and some nice fast roads minus speed cameras to hand, just beware the SPECS on the A616.
when i;ve sorted venues i'll start a new thread OK.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 7th July 2005, 22:43
18th works for me.
September 18th - I,ve put it on the Calender, i'll post details in a new thread later this summer, when summer comes i mean....

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 26th July 2005, 18:45
Just for information this venue for the Northern Meet is formerley a Stately Home but now an Adult Residential College too offering free courses etc, both long and short courses, it could be possible for people to book in on a weekend course and get free accomodation/meals etc...just wondering if anyone might be interested and maybee making a weekend break of it - of course there would be work involved if you did a course but i know they do alsorts of weekend stuff like IT for one. Or all you guys could sign the wife up for the courses and we can have fun on the Sunday meet hehe, sorry Nat - XX.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 08:39
Or all you guys could sign the wife up for the courses and we can have fun on the Sunday meet hehe, sorry Nat - XX.

But I dont have a wife :haha:

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 10:42
But I dont have a wife :haha:

xSure i saw Steve in a pinny doing the dusting and mucking that poppo out LMAO.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 10:48
Sure i saw Steve in a pinny doing the dusting and mucking that poppo out LMAO.

LMSO!! Ohh errr Mrs!! Something you want to tell me TDS :haha:

x

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 14:10
Right troups 18th September northern meet!! Newbies, oldies and inthemiddlies your all welcome - good excuse to meet some new faces and see some shiney bits!! Lets 'av ya!!

TDS
Moppy
Wax

x

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 14:44
And me!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 27th July 2005, 14:49
And me!

I thought we'd be able to count on you!! :remybussi

TDS
Moppy
Wax
Wobbly!

x

01c70t5
Tuesday 2nd August 2005, 16:24
Could be a possibility, deal me in for a quick visit!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 10:55
Any more for any more, come on boys & girls this year has been pretty quiet on the whole so far. We had about 20 attend the Warrington meet, we need to beat that.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 11:44
This is the list of folks that went to the Fox earlier this year..

1 JugdeNinja
2 MrsMopp
3 Steve
4 Fraz13
5 Chriskay
6 Monsterdark
7 Tomcat
8 Nigel
9 firthman
10 s40xs
11 pyrotechnictigger
12 dave850R
12.9 sizzlechest
14 mraldonnelly
15 Don-T5
16 Guy & Pam
17 jbconno
18 spesh
19 mikej
20 andi@volvo850t5
21 k999ste
22 JIM!!

WHY AREN'T YOUR NAMES DOWN FOR THIS ONE!! LOL

x

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 13:39
This is the list of folks that went to the Fox earlier this year..

1 JugdeNinja
2 MrsMopp
3 Steve
4 Fraz13
5 Chriskay
6 Monsterdark
7 Tomcat
8 Nigel
9 firthman
10 s40xs
11 pyrotechnictigger
12 dave850R
12.9 sizzlechest
14 mraldonnelly
15 Don-T5
16 Guy & Pam
17 jbconno
18 spesh
19 mikej
20 andi@volvo850t5
21 k999ste
22 JIM

WHY AREN'T YOUR NAMES DOWN FOR THIS ONE!! LOL

xYou missed off BignDaft lol, cant not put him on coz he's BignDaft and might hit us hard.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 13:53
Well if he puts his name down for this meet I'll consider adding him to that list LOL

x

jim.covers
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 14:01
Erm...... i went the fox moppy..... :troutslap

I be well up for this 1 as well

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 14:08
It worked!! :funkybana Sign here :deal:

x

spesh
Friday 5th August 2005, 23:56
Can I come even if I Dont bring the T-5????? :jaw:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 6th August 2005, 00:05
Can I come even if I Dont bring the T-5????? :jaw:I.m sure you can Spesh, you can take my Cozzy for me too.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 18th August 2005, 13:54
BUMP

x

bigndaft
Thursday 18th August 2005, 14:55
You missed off BignDaft lol, cant not put him on coz he's BignDaft and might hit us hard.

Thanks TDS for remembering i was at the fox and am looking forward to the 18th...its the V70R thats big'n'daft...not me...honest :anmflower

DONKEYT5
Thursday 18th August 2005, 15:35
well sizzlechest prob wont make t now, due to the fact he owns a honda accord, and i bought his t5!! if he was to come, it would be rubbing his nose in it!

S40xs
Thursday 18th August 2005, 20:13
At present i doubt i can make this one, September seems its going to be hectic for me.

GuyD5
Thursday 18th August 2005, 22:29
Close enough to the date now to make a decision .... put me and Pam down please ..... oh, and can we have a recap on the venue details etc, I'm having trouble sorting out exactly where we're going, Wortley Hall or Wentworth Castle ... it's no doubt an age thing :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 18th August 2005, 22:43
Close enough to the date now to make a decision .... put me and Pam down please ..... oh, and can we have a recap on the venue details etc, I'm having trouble sorting out exactly where we're going, Wortley Hall or Wentworth Castle ... it's no doubt an age thing :)Leave it with us Guy im gonna put a new thread up very soon, bare with us.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 24th August 2005, 16:41
Right i'm sorry but i am having to change THE VENUE only due to the Castles RESTORATION project starting i dont think its suitable as a venue for what we want. See new post for the meet! Sorry for the inconvenience.