PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Warning Light

Welshlou
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 20:45
Hi all,

I recently starting having an amber engine light come up on the dash of my V70. It started going out after a while, but now it just remains on all the time. The handbook says it's the emissions warning light.

Anyone know what it means, or how much it might cost to fix? Or whether or not I can just leave it until my next service, which is about 10 months away now!

Its a 2000 model T5 by the way.

Cheers,

Richard.

Porcine_Aviator
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 22:03
I would get your codes read to start off with.

Then, and this may sound odd, but check the engine oil breather the runs over the top of the engine. It could be cracked and dropping oil into the spark plug wells which can cause the emissions light to come on.

Or it could be a Lambda sensor that needs replacing.

My V70 T5 is a 2000 and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

Have you had your ETM checked they are a major problem on some V70s?

princepugh
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 22:14
Best get the codes read really, could be a number of things including a fuelling/ metering issues, faulty lambda sensor (front or rear) or worst case a dodgy CAT. Fingers crossed it'll be one of the cheaper / easier thing!

Welshlou
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 22:27
Thanks guys.

SKIDMARKS
Monday 3rd May 2010, 18:10
Mines same as yours and had same problem. Codes were turbo pressure sensor and camshaft sensor. Changed the turbo sensor but still need to change camshaft one. It was chuggin like a goodun in the mornings but ok now and the gas mileage has well improved. Got 35.4 on a B road trip the other day.