PDA

View Full Version : brakes for my s40 sport

phelpsy-t4
Saturday 1st May 2010, 18:31
hi, just bought my first s40 t-4 and the first thing im keen to do is the brakes. does anyone have any suggestions to help me out? cheers. phelpsy

LiamT4
Saturday 1st May 2010, 21:36
Brakes are a tricky subject, theres a lot been said about them and what some people find good on their own car others can have a very different opinion. When i had my last t4, i had ebc grooved discs with redstuff pads, and in the year or so that i had it, they were very good, but not everybody likes them. If your car will be used for mainly road use, standard discs should be fine, combine them with some good ferodo pads and that should be fine.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 12:46
My standard brakes are shockingly bad and overheated and warped within a week of them being fitted. I suffer from brake fade all the time.

.... These are cheap brakes...

I've been told that Volvo originals are pretty good.

Although I'd go and look at a decent set of Ferrodo pads (DS2500) with either solid or grooved discs depending on what you are going to be doing with your cars:
twisty road driving where you are using the brakes more then I'd possibly go for drilled/grooved discs, which will overheat slower.

Motorway high speed driving then I'd plump for solid discs which have a larger suface contact area where you are not worried about the disc overheating.