PDA

View Full Version : Moving horns, where too?

MC_Bob
Saturday 1st May 2010, 13:21
So the horns are behind the grill and look odd >.< Where can I move them too easily?

Cheers!

Al115
Saturday 1st May 2010, 17:28
Behind a headlight. Still loud enough there and they get wet if you put them lower down.

Flatout Phil
Saturday 1st May 2010, 17:29
Behind where the foglights are behind the front valance - stick in a Stebel Nautilus or two and everyone will hear you coming!

See this old thread....http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22308&highlight=stebel

or this one...http://volvospeed.com/Mods/hornrel.htm

Vikingxl
Saturday 1st May 2010, 18:39
Im with Al on this too low and they will get wet

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 12:53
pull the cabling out a bit and there are two unsed bolt holes on the right side of the bulk head just under the battery.
Have them pointing slightly towards the rear and there will be no issue with water. Mine have worked fine for 4 years.

MC_Bob
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 13:22
Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it.

I assume I gotta rip the bumper off?

Flatout Phil
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 13:41
Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it.

I assume I gotta rip the bumper off?

No, not at all. Just jack up the front and use axle stands. Ten minutes job to bolt them in - a bit longer to do the wiring. For myself, being loud and stupid, I did not remove the loom, but used some 3M wire joining blocks (the sort where you run the wire thru, and the new connection, then crimp down the metal blade and clip it shut. I also use a relay for maximum blast effect!

Vikingxl
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 13:42
Dont even need a jack or axle stands really im sure wobbly and me did mine without

Flatout Phil
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 13:45
Dont even need a jack or axle stands really im sure wobbly and me did mine without

Trouble is I am a fat £££££££ and I won't fit!

MC_Bob
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 19:05
Lol! I managed to get them above the nearside foglight out of harms way.

Thanks though guys!

volvokid
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 19:36
used some 3M wire joining blocks (the sort where you run the wire thru, and the new connection, then crimp down the metal blade and clip it shut. I also use a relay for maximum blast effect!

When did you do this Phil? I hope you greased the hell out of those scotch blocks they rust in no time. If they do pack in change them out for some heat shrink crimps.

K4RL
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 20:50
This sounds like a job to do soon :D