PDA

View Full Version : Dolby prologic and parrot mki9200

Piles
Friday 30th April 2010, 21:22
Hi, I fitted a parrot mki9200 in my old T5 and it worked perfectly. The T5 had a HU-603 (iirc) which didn't have prologic dolby etc.

Now, last week I swapped the T5 for a D5 with prologic, 3 channel and centre speaker etc on a HU-803 4-disc head unit.

I took the parrot out of the T5 and had a look at fitting it tonight. The adaptor doesn't match now though.

Does anyone know what adaptor to use to connect the parrot to a dolby prologic system?

Thanks in advance.

p fandango
Friday 30th April 2010, 21:26
i've got the Nokia bluetooth kit thru the Dolby, sound only comes out of the drivers door speakers but mutes the radio & does everything it should. I've got to take the harness out because something on the circuit board needs resoldering, i'll post what kit it is then but i'm sure its an Autoleads adaptor

Piles
Saturday 1st May 2010, 20:25
Right, I managed to find the speaker cables, buried behind the steering column, and now got it working...... to some extent.

It works perfectly when the head unit is in "off" mode, you know the button in between 3ch and the prologic button. If either of those are selected I still get the radio through some of the speakers - at the same time as the parrot.

Anyone any ideas? I like the idea of prologicness with my parrot.

LeeT5
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 16:25
Interesting thread....i was about to have the same parrot kit fitted into my R over the weekend. I too have a HU-803 with Dolby and Dynaudio system. However, the kit never arrived with the engineer so put on hold. Just as well cos yesterday afternoon some retard in a MG ZR ran into the back of me at 25-30mph whilst i was stationary. So now, despite hardly any damage to my car (MG was a right off!) mine is off the road for a while to get repaired. I am gutted to say the least.

I will ask my man about the Dolby and the kit and see what he says.

Piles
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 16:57
Unlucky about the car mate. Hope it gets sorted soon.

I think it's a SOT-043 cable we need. Got one off t'ebay. I'll try it later in the week.

Cheers.

silverback02
Thursday 15th July 2010, 14:26
Did you get the bluetooth system to work in the end?
If so how did you go about it, ? what leads did you use ?
cheers,
Joe.

silverback02
Thursday 29th July 2010, 20:40
Did anyone sort it ???????

p fandango
Thursday 29th July 2010, 20:43
my kits started working ok so not needed to take it out to see what unit i've got, i know its a genuine Nokia kit & think its an Autoleads harness adaptor

Piles
Sunday 1st August 2010, 11:37
Did you get the bluetooth system to work in the end?
If so how did you go about it, ? what leads did you use ?
cheers,
Joe.

The lead is a SOT-043 cable - cheap from eBay. It's a piece of piss to install. The cable just piggy-backs the audio and power cables for the head unit. The SOT-043 cable obviously doesn't connect ALL of the (many!) speakers on a prologic system - and so far I haven't found a cable that does.

I just have the prologic etc switched off all the time. It still sounds good and I don't get the radio playing at the same time as taking a call/playing music.

I like the setup personally. Have a nice 100gb hard drive tucked away in the arm rest, have my entire music collection on it and is perfect for long journeys.

HTH.

silverback02
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 12:11
Thanks for that,

Unfortunatly the SOT-043 is for Dolby systems and it states it routes the sound through the front speakers.
But as it isn't connected to the Amplifier leads It cannot do that.

I think I require something like that (Sot-084) along with a
PC9-414 (this lead has a female Din plug on it (I think)

and then the same lead (But this time with a Male Din plug on the end)

Then I can run the front speaker cables from the SOT-084 to the revelent connectors and join them in.

Joe.

silverback02
Friday 20th August 2010, 13:09
Hi All,
Iv'e cracked it,
I fitted a SOT-084 (For SC90* headunits) (for HU Headunits use SOT-043)
and a 06-920b lead for the Amp,
and with a little adaptation it fits mutes and works fine.
See how, Here.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31169

Joe.

any probs PM me and I'll run through it.