PDA

View Full Version : Herts Cambs and East Anglia meet 23rd May 2010

mas
Friday 30th April 2010, 08:50
Looks like we are finally going to have ourselves a meet :wave23d:

11 AM Silver Ball Cafe, 'Reed' on the A-10

Would anyone who is actually coming like to add their tag so to speek

The Silver Ball is located on the A10 about 4.5 miles south of Royston in north Hertfordshire, in a village called Reed. on the northbound side of the road. This is about 5 miles south of the A505 intersection and 4 miles south of the B1039 intersection

Silver Ball Transport Cafe
London Rd Reed
Royston
Hertfordshire
SG8 8BD

Regards Mas

Going so far :

1) Mas

2) Mrsmastiffs

3) Vikingxc

4) Okete

5) V70ETS

6) Knight Rider

7) jonno12

8) castellsmith123

9) Libra

10) Another maybe :)

Vikingxl
Friday 30th April 2010, 11:03
Me me me

You need a list in your post Mas and keep it up to date plus it cant be just us two or we might look a little strange lol plus are you coming by Volvo or other??

mas
Friday 30th April 2010, 13:43
I'll be in the speedy Swede , one thing it holds the family , secondly its just the nicest car I have to drive :smileypul

Okete
Friday 30th April 2010, 19:33
I'll join you guys there!!

What time?

1) Mas

2) Mrsmastiffs

3) Vikingxc

4) Okete

mas
Friday 30th April 2010, 19:45
11.00 was the time m8ee but as they say in panto , I'm easy Mrs

Blimey I just noticed where you live, you could walk to the meet, might kill the point though since were not a ramblers club ( thank f***) lol

The Flying Moose
Friday 30th April 2010, 20:39
Im off that weekend, been to a briskoda meet with the skoda but never done a volvo one. Only 65 miles a meagre 4 gallon round trip..... count me in!

1) Mas

2) Mrsmastiffs

3) Vikingxc

4) Okete

5)V70ETS

Okete
Friday 30th April 2010, 22:54
11.00 was the time m8ee but as they say in panto , I'm easy Mrs

Blimey I just noticed where you live, you could walk to the meet, might kill the point though since were not a ramblers club ( thank f***) lol

Yeah, Certainly within 'rambling' distance!

8 miles by road and 4.93 miles as the crow flies!!

Cheers,
John.

Knight Rider
Friday 30th April 2010, 22:55
Me too - ill be there

Storm-Troll
Saturday 1st May 2010, 01:13
would love to come. but my moms in Intensive care on Life Support with Pnuemonia so im spending every waking hour with her. I only get home to sleep then I go back. otherwise Id be there.. have a good one chapps..and chappesses...

Vikingxl
Saturday 1st May 2010, 17:03
would love to come. but my moms in Intensive care on Life Support with Pnuemonia so im spending every waking hour with her. I only get home to sleep then I go back. otherwise Id be there.. have a good one chapps..and chappesses...

Three weeks away yet troll hopefully she will be back home safe and well by then

philt6
Saturday 1st May 2010, 20:13

Get well soon

jonno12
Monday 3rd May 2010, 20:52
add me ill be there but not in a volvo much to my discust

mas
Tuesday 4th May 2010, 18:58
Whats the story , have you not got one anymore or is she sick ?

Regards Mas

castellsmith123
Tuesday 4th May 2010, 19:30
I'm in too! If V70ETS can make it from Lincoln ,so can I!!!

Crazy_C
Wednesday 5th May 2010, 00:04
If I'm not working, I'll be there in the rat wagon :D

1) Mas

2) Mrsmastiffs

3) Vikingxc

4) Okete

5) V70ETS

6) Knight Rider

7) jonno12

8) castellsmith123

9) Crazy

Vikingxl
Wednesday 5th May 2010, 07:44
Cool would love to see the rat wagon in the flesh!

Al115
Wednesday 5th May 2010, 08:34
If not in South Africa I will be there!!! 50/50 right now. Might even be in a Volvo too.

mas
Wednesday 5th May 2010, 13:04
I've only put the alledged definates at the top, we're not politicians so I wont 'inflate the figures' :saint:

Libra
Thursday 6th May 2010, 17:41
In theory I should be able to make it.

mas
Thursday 6th May 2010, 18:12
I hope so , the more the merrier as they say :P ,
as an aside I drove through Beds today on the A507 route then over the M1 and on to Promax near Milton Keynes. You can't be too far from the Silver Ball I suspect ?

Regards Mas

Libra
Friday 7th May 2010, 08:52
No, probably about twenty minutes or less :D

mas
Friday 7th May 2010, 16:05
20 mins !!! , you should be able to make yourself a definate then not a maybe :buttkick:

Libra
Friday 7th May 2010, 19:56
20 mins !!! , you should be able to make yourself a definate then not a maybe :buttkick:

When I said it would take me 20 minutes, I think I was telling porkies. It will probably take me more like 50 minutes.

siamblue
Friday 14th May 2010, 12:04
Can you put me down as a provisional, not sure what the missus has planned for the 23rd.

Gary

mas
Friday 14th May 2010, 13:34
Hopefully you can make it :duck:

Mas

Libra
Saturday 15th May 2010, 11:08
Morning, Mas, can you please change my maybe to a definite. :)

mas
Saturday 15th May 2010, 14:45
Great news Libra is now a defo ! , let's hope this meet isnt a one off :shy:

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 18th May 2010, 20:17
Hi folks appologies but I wont be able to make this meet any longer, I simply havn't got the money to put fuel in the car this month :(

mas
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 15:35
Sorry to here that m8ee on both counts. I don't suppose anyone else from your way is coming.

Hopefully we wont get any more blowouts as there seem to be about 8 cars due at the mo including yours truly in his rather bog standard T5 estate. It would be nice to meet as many fellow forum members as poss.

Regards

Mas

castellsmith123
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 18:11
I am hopefully! It just depend's on what the doctor say's on friday! I have hyperextended my knee (ouch!!!!) and I might not be allowed to drive!

Vikingxl
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 18:14
I am hopefully! It just depend's on what the doctor say's on friday! I have hyperextended my knee (ouch!!!!) and I might not be allowed to drive!

Walk then lol

Hopefully im still going to be there but so far this week is a nightmare

mas
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 19:09
So far a no money and a no knee , am I getting a feeling of impending doom :wtf:

Vikingxl
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 19:24
People will be there well us two anyway lol

mas
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 20:06
So i'm bringing the good looks and charm to the party what are you bringing :ylusy:

(Yes its true I'm bringing Charlize Theiron with me ! )

Vikingxl
Wednesday 19th May 2010, 22:06
So i'm bringing the good looks and charm to the party what are you bringing :ylusy:

(Yes its true I'm bringing Charlize Theiron with me ! )

My bike if its sunny and i will see if i can get the neighbours "special" cow in the boot if i bring the xc lol

Libra
Thursday 20th May 2010, 18:01
I am looking forward to going being as it will b my first, let me say that again, my first Volvo car meet.

Am I right in thinking that we have to dress wearing jeans, Barbouor shirt, loafers and Trilby or will that just be me :P

mas
Thursday 20th May 2010, 21:30
Errr don't know but it wont be me :redface:

I have been to several car meets / events from the well arranged to the very informal but never a Volvo one I have to say. Amazingly the T5 , old and usually dirty though she is ( no jokes please) , is now clearly my favourite car so its about time we all started meeting up !

Mas

Knight Rider
Thursday 20th May 2010, 23:28
I am looking forward to going being as it will b my first, let me say that again, my first Volvo car meet.

Am I right in thinking that we have to dress wearing jeans, Barbouor shirt, loafers and Trilby or will that just be me :P

Thats what im wondering, this'll be my first Volvo meet, have done the Jap meets & the MG meets but never a Volvo one - am i having to turn up, head to toe in beige???

Vikingxl
Thursday 20th May 2010, 23:52
Ask Storm Troll for some dressing up tips ive heard he has all sorts in his closet

Crazy_C
Friday 21st May 2010, 00:35
I will check what shift I am working on Sunday (forgot to make a note of next weeks rotas the other day when they went up) and I will let you know then if I am definitely there or not.

Hopefully I'm not working :D

Crazy_C
Friday 21st May 2010, 17:47
Awww, booo, I'm working on Sunday so can't come along :( Totally sucks!! Hope y'all have a good meet though :)

siamblue
Friday 21st May 2010, 22:46
HI Guys the missus has got me going to a car boot on Sunday even the dog can't go to that, what time are you all going to be there till? i might hit the car boot at 8am lol,

Gary

mas
Friday 21st May 2010, 22:58
Fascinating though my company is , I shouldnt think it would be long in to the afternoon :funkybana

Regards Mas

Libra
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 13:34
Well that was a really really good meet...not. I am quite frankly ashamed that there was only two of us in the car park. I traveled 83miles round trip out of my way and I am currently unemployed just to go to this meet.

The members that put their names down that did not turn up should hang their heads in shame as you have let the club down and not to mention Mas and his family and myself.

Enough ranting, here are a few photos of the VPCUK meet today...not sure why I am even bothering posting these...its a joke.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/-Darren-/S60R/Volmeet1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/-Darren-/S60R/volmeet2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/-Darren-/S60R/Volmeet3.jpg

It was nice to meet you Mas, Tracy and children and I like your 'swiss watch' :)

Until next time,

Darren

mas
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 14:03
I knew Viking wasnt coming as he had probs to deal with and I'm sure we will meet him in the future but , yes it was rather bad that only Darren showed up. A quick P.M or post to say your not coming is just good manners really.

Apologies to Darren for having only the lovely Mrs Mas
and my gorgeous self :ylusy: to meet. I did feel embarrased that you travelled all that way. On the good side it was nice to meet you and your lovely car , hopefully we will see you at Knebworth or similar and won't be strangers again !

Our family and dog transporting 'waggon' did look rather shamefull next to your more 'show orientated' , shiney car but I have to say I still genuinely love the 'speedy swede' :biggrin: . It just goes to show you why e bay and autotrader pics can be misleading as our car looks fab in your pics.

Tatt average on te looks she is ( the car not the wife) but Hamish description of several years ago still applies , Swiss Watch is still an accurate description of that superb engine. I havnt herd one any better of any age. !

It was also interesting to see how many more subtle touches the S60R has than I had realised. Even the R on the wheels wasnt something I was aware of , neither was the detail of the headlights. If the government wasnt shafting us completely re the petrol I would of course love to drive to work in one myself.

Regards Mas

Okete
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 14:03
That is a pity.

I am sorry that I was unable to be there, however I will not be hanging my head in shame!
I am currently having a brand new engine fitted into my V10 and it has just not been fitted in time, thus I am car-less this weekend.
I could've come along on my pushbike but that kind of defeats the object!

If I'd known the turn out was going to be so poor - I would've, I live close enough!!

I didn't declare my absence sooner because I didn't want to add to the 'sinking ship' syndrome that seemed to be developing.

Many apologies to Mas.

Cheers,
John.

Mrsmastiffs
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 14:35
It was lovely to meet you Darren and your car is a credit to you - shame you weren't closer as mine could definately do with a bit more TLC :) Still, your pics have made the old girl look good :)

Libra
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 15:02
It was nice to meet you Mrs Mas.

castellsmith123
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 15:33
I did say that I could not come! Something to do with my leg being in plaster being a problem! And it look's like it's been a nice day as well!!

Vikingxl
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 17:47
i contacted mas a few days ago as something came up that stopped me attending. In fact i have been on the road since four this morning and have just got in the door. People should do the decent thing and let people know and its a shame that only two cars made it.

Knight Rider
Sunday 23rd May 2010, 18:24
Sorry guys - i shall hang my head in shame. Went karting last nights with the boys 2hr endurance race Le Mans style, but threw my back out on the unsupported seats - spent the best part of the day flat out on the couch un able to move : (