PDA

View Full Version : lpg help?

danny-R
Thursday 29th April 2010, 15:10
good afternoon people. right, i have found an 850 2.5 non turbo running on lpg in a scrapyard. I would just like to know if it would work on a t5 engine,
as he has offered me the full kit for £150?
i know it would have to be professionaly fitted/ installed i'm just curious whether it's the same kit on turbo and non turbo cars.
i'm currently spending about £70 per week on fuel so it wouldn't take long before i would be saving ££££'s.

cheers

nagrom
Thursday 29th April 2010, 15:56
I think, but stand to be corrected, that a turbo car needs multi point injection (which is the standard now anyway) but an older kit may be single point, which is what I've got on my 850.

danny-R
Thursday 29th April 2010, 16:51
thanks, i will check to make sure it's multi-point before i buy it.

do you have yours on a switch to change from petrol to gas? or does it do it automatically?

the reason i ask, i would just like to plod about to work etc running on gas,
then when you feel like a little blast just switch over to tesco's finest!

nagrom
Thursday 29th April 2010, 19:59
There is a switch, but the car always starts on petrol even if the switch is in the gas position, apparently they won't start on gas for some reason.

You can switch between fuels whilst driving.

Good luck

Volvostorm
Thursday 29th April 2010, 20:51
I've seen turbo cars running on single point, and they do well, multi-point is a lot better.

I would say the kit is a single point, you can fit a LPG conversion yourself, but you will have to get it checked by a LPG installers to get the certificate for the insurance.

danny-R
Thursday 29th April 2010, 22:05
it's just an idea at the moment, is it really worth doing on a car with nearly 190,000 miles?
cheers

Volvostorm
Thursday 29th April 2010, 22:25
If the car runs well, and your happy with it, then why not? :)

5seaterT5x2
Friday 30th April 2010, 20:16
good afternoon people. right, i have found an 850 2.5 non turbo running on lpg in a scrapyard. I would just like to know if it would work on a t5 engine,
as he has offered me the full kit for £150?
i know it would have to be professionaly fitted/ installed i'm just curious whether it's the same kit on turbo and non turbo cars.
i'm currently spending about £70 per week on fuel so it wouldn't take long before i would be saving ££££'s.

cheers

far far better if it's multipoint singlepoint was really designed for carb engines although i ran my ran ge rover 3.9 efi on single point with no real problems. if it's multipoint it should i think have it's own ecu which i guess should work but i'd reckon it would have to be reprogramed/more updated software loaded. all my cars have had a switch on dash to switch back to petrol if the fancy took you but from cold they start on petrol and once warm they switch to lpg automatically. bin running my t5 for 2 and half years or so it's the muts would not be keen on anything else now does about 100 miles on a tenner this is my thkird lpg car

danny-R
Friday 30th April 2010, 20:31
does about 100 miles on a tenner this is my thkird lpg car

must be nice! I'm lucky if i get 100 out of £20 :(

5seaterT5x2
Friday 30th April 2010, 21:01
must be nice! I'm lucky if i get 100 out of £20 :(

yea :flying: tried to sell it a few weeks back on flea bay was gutted at the time could'nt get the money i thought it was worth, but sooooooooooo glad now it did'nt sell