PDA

View Full Version : Manual Boost Controller help please!

madhouse
Monday 26th April 2010, 11:13
Ok probably a basic question I know but.....
Can someone give me some help as to where a MBC would be plumbed in, and basically are you taking the pipes from the BCS and fitting the MBC there instead?

I'm wondering if my BCS is iffy and if so do I just buy a Manual Boost Controller instead?

Soz for a basic question, but I'm sure my T5 has more zoom to offer - I just isn't as lively as my T4.

Cheers Mark

Rnash2002
Monday 26th April 2010, 11:49
Ok probably a basic question I know but.....
Can someone give me some help as to where a MBC would be plumbed in, and basically are you taking the pipes from the BCS and fitting the MBC there instead?

I'm wondering if my BCS is iffy and if so do I just buy a Manual Boost Controller instead?

Soz for a basic question, but I'm sure my T5 has more zoom to offer - I just isn't as lively as my T4.

Cheers Mark
If your after more go than standard then a mbc is i nice touch,if your just after standard boost then get a replacemnt bcs.

madhouse
Monday 26th April 2010, 12:26
If your after more go than standard then a mbc is i nice touch,if your just after standard boost then get a replacemnt bcs.

Yes, more 'go' is required, just wanted to know a little more about the installation etc. Like I said my T4 has a lot more grunt and 'push you back in the seat' boost so on that basis would suggest the T5 is lacking something?

Cheers

Mark

Rnash2002
Monday 26th April 2010, 14:20
Yes, more 'go' is required, just wanted to know a little more about the installation etc. Like I said my T4 has a lot more grunt and 'push you back in the seat' boost so on that basis would suggest the T5 is lacking something?

Cheers

Mark
I would look to fit a mbc to it then and run around 12 psi,look here for fitting.
http://volvospeed.com/Mods/dawes_mbc.htm

madhouse
Monday 26th April 2010, 15:45
I would look to fit a mbc to it then and run around 12 psi,look here for fitting.
http://volvospeed.com/Mods/dawes_mbc.htm

As I don't have access to a calibrated boost gauge, is the normal dash mounted gauge reliable and if so, how far into the white should it safely boost?

Cheers

Mark

(Good link by the way!)

Rnash2002
Monday 26th April 2010, 16:32
As I don't have access to a calibrated boost gauge, is the normal dash mounted gauge reliable and if so, how far into the white should it safely boost?

Cheers

Mark

(Good link by the way!)
End of the white to the right of the gauge is around 1 bar (14.7 psi)
So just before that you should be ok,if its boosting to much you will hit fuel/boost cut.

Martin T5
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 11:57
i bought a spec r one off ebay an its awsome, it boost's so much better now it clean if you now what i mean...

was running 0.6 on my boost gauge now its holding 1bar perfectaly all day long an on a cold night will hit 1.1bar but only when i really hoof it, it goes really well now...

follow the insturcions with the MBC when you buy it an just disconnect all the vac hoses to the BCS but leave the BCS plugged in to keep the ecu happy...

HLM told me the 1-1.1bar is fine...

madhouse
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 12:12
i bought a spec r one off ebay an its awsome, it boost's so much better now it clean if you now what i mean...

was running 0.6 on my boost gauge now its holding 1bar perfectaly all day long an on a cold night will hit 1.1bar but only when i really hoof it, it goes really well now...

follow the insturcions with the MBC when you buy it an just disconnect all the vac hoses to the BCS but leave the BCS plugged in to keep the ecu happy...

Have you a link etc to your eBay goody please?

Rnash2002
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 12:37

Thats if the car doesnt hit the fuel/boost cut,ive ran T5,s around 14psi and had them hit the cut,think its luck of the draw.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 18:24
Have you a link etc to your eBay goody please?
They have their own website

http://www.rspec.co.uk/

They have a few cheaper ones, but the one I have is this one
http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_108&products_id=206

Martin T5
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 18:42
thats the link above, was only like £25 to the door...

ive not had any issues an i do give it a good bootfull every time i use it...