PDA

View Full Version : Engine Deposit Remover Fuel Additive (BG44K)

princepugh
Friday 23rd April 2010, 18:17
Have been looking around for a decent injector cleaner and came across this:-

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2

Has anybody tried this?

TIA

v70torslanda
Friday 23rd April 2010, 22:14
Reading the bumf it's gonna do sweet FA for manifold or intercooler cos it don't touch 'em. If you add it to petrol it is applied straight to the back of the inlet valve.

Injector cleaner is pretty much injector cleaner. One of the best is the Normfest product sold by Euro Car Parts. Rumoured to be the Wurth formula rebranded and packaged it is very popular with the garages and supposedly does what it says on the tin - provided you can read German!

It would have to be something really bloody special to get me to part with the thick end of thirty quid! Christ! Petrol's the dearest it's ever been and that's still a third of a tank.

Your injectors would have to be flooding not atomising and fuel economy would need to improve by something approaching 15% and stay there before I was convinced.

Maybe I'm too cynical but 30 years of dicking about with cars, Sorry! - after 30 years in the parts trade I have to say that I have seen them all. One 'miracle cure' after another, none of them work, all of them come with 'satisfaction or your money back' - Yeah Right! - and worse, some even claim to outperform the company's previous 'miracle' cure! Sorry, pal. As it stands my wallet stays firmly closed.

HTH

J

Flatout Phil
Friday 23rd April 2010, 22:48
I suspect another one of those "If you're so smart, why ain't you rich?" products. Use a decent fuel, and oil, and give the engine a blow through (BMW on their E28 525e range used to specify in the owners handbook that once a week it was driven at speed for 50 miles!). You won't go far wrong.

If wonder products worked, everyone would buy them, and the big corporates would flog their own (well, I suppose V-Power is an example). So maybe I'm wrong. Old enought to remember Redex Lubochargers, Molyslip, Slick 50, the Formula Shell fiasco, Broquet catalysers etc etc. All pants.

cornclose
Friday 23rd April 2010, 22:50
£30 ? Christ indeed. You can get all 5 injectors professionally cleaned by jimathan (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15818) on here for less than £50!

v70torslanda
Friday 23rd April 2010, 23:50
A notable exception to the above is Millers Diesel Additive.

Bolleaux to the 'science', idle - smoother, more responsive, fuel economy improved. Adds a quid to every fill up if you use it religiously.

Now back to bitching about T5s doing low 20s to the gallon . . . :)

thebadger
Saturday 24th April 2010, 15:13
Phil is spot on here, you must ensure that the car gets a "fast" run on a regular basis, this forces deposits of rubbish to clear out, both the engine & exhaust.

All the cleaners & additives are all pretty much the same. I've used a couple & have seen some muck come out the exhaust after they've been added... six and half a dozen!

princepugh
Monday 26th April 2010, 14:48
Thanks for the comments guys.

Seems to be a lot of debate about the relative merits of Techron/ PEA on the web though I agree the BG product is costly given that the supposed benefits may not materialise.

Last time I spoke to Jimathan he didn't have a set of spares but guess I'll bite the bullet at some point soon and ship them out to him.

princepugh
Friday 14th May 2010, 16:55
What did I use?
Redline Si-1 Fuel System Cleaner (£10), 1 bottle, 1 full tank of fuel.

Why did I use it?
In-place polyetheramine based fuel injector cleaning

Did it make a difference?
Yes, the engine sounds and feels smoother (particularly noticeable if the engine is spun up at a standstill); Yes, there’s been a modest improvement in fuel economy for the period (just over 5%).

Cost/ Benefit?
Low cost; Modest tangible benefits; Injector/ engine internal benefits unknown.

fireclown
Monday 23rd August 2010, 15:00
Forte are very good. and easily picked up on ebay.

scooter
Monday 23rd August 2010, 17:03
I use lucas fuel additive or sometimes the redex green label

princepugh
Monday 23rd August 2010, 22:24
Polyetheramine!