PDA

View Full Version : engine mount, which colour??

danny-R
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 07:55
good morning all, i am just ordering a few bits for the volvo, discs and pads leads and plugs etc.
I was just wondering which colour top mount to get, purple or yellow (what's the difference?

I never noticed it needed doing really, but out on a drive yesterday when i overtook a 1 series bm (no speed limits broken i assure you), when i backed off i could feel the engine moving if you get me.

cheers

dave854
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 11:21
its to do with the hardness of the bush - not sure what way it goes though. I'm sure someone on here will know :)

p fandango
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 15:01
i thought 850's were purple & S/V70's with a newer style mount had the yellow, sure i read of someone trying to fit a yellow into an 850 & it the bush was alot smaller & didn't didn't fit collectly

siamblue
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 15:17
Yellows are ME7 mounts and purple the previous versions of 70 series and 850, that's the way i remember it.

p fandango
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 16:54
Yellows are ME7 mounts and purple the previous versions of 70 series and 850, that's the way i remember it.
i was nearly right then lol

danny-R
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 17:42
thanks guys i am getting one ordered tonight.

I've been to garage today to find out where my clunking noise was coming from,
I suspected it was the top mounts but turned out to be an arb, which has only done 20,000 miles.
I managed to blag a ramp and use of thier tools one day next week (£10) to replace arb, poly engine mount, re-do the pcv breather to double check i cleaned the bottom hole out in the block correctly. (doubt it very much lol)
and i'm debating on whether to get this combo http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-V70-2-3-R-FRONT-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-RED-STUF-PADS_W0QQitemZ160307811889QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2553171631 or stick with volvo discs and pads, what do you reckon?

cheers guys

danny-R
Monday 26th April 2010, 18:56
Well, i managed to get the engine mount fitted, easier than i thought.
It has made an improvement to braking, steering and sounds very nice.... but is that noise normal when you back off? Thought i'd left something loose!.

jdavis
Tuesday 4th May 2010, 15:10
Well, i managed to get the engine mount fitted, easier than i thought.
It has made an improvement to braking, steering and sounds very nice.... but is that noise normal when you back off? Thought i'd left something loose!.

+1 for that, just fitted mine today, increases the noise in the cabin ever so slightly, but oh what a noise, a 5-cylinder orchestra!
i have no obscure noises when i back of now.

danny-R
Tuesday 4th May 2010, 16:42
definatley a worthwhile mod, especially for £20. i should have done it sooner tbh