PDA

View Full Version : Amp wiring (saloon)

ChrisMClark
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 18:36
Just curious more than anything, but those of you with a saloon, and an amp inyour boot: How have you routed the live feed? On my last car, there was a very useful rubber grommet in the bulkhead, with no use at all, so a quick hole, some poking around, and some sealant and I had a live inside the car! Doesn't seem quite so simple on my 850 though!

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 18:52
Just curious more than anything, but those of you with a saloon, and an amp inyour boot: How have you routed the live feed? On my last car, there was a very useful rubber grommet in the bulkhead, with no use at all, so a quick hole, some poking around, and some sealant and I had a live inside the car! Doesn't seem quite so simple on my 850 though!
there a couple, depending on the size of your wire there is a spare hole/grommet on the driverside where the throttle cable goes thru the bulkhead but you can only fit about 8gauge cable in that. & theirs quite a big one on the passenger side behind the glovebox which is well hidden under all the sound deadening & comes out behind the ABS unit

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/BT/interior/22.jpg
i've used the passenger side hole for my main battery feed

ChrisMClark
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:18
Cool, cheers P. Looks easy enough...I may rip my ABS unit out, torch it and bury the remains in a shallow grave anyway...frickin' thing. ABS light is now on permanently :mad:

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:23
Cool, cheers P. Looks easy enough...I may rip my ABS unit out, torch it and bury the remains in a shallow grave anyway...frickin' thing. ABS light is now on permanently :mad:
lol believe me theirs normally alot of stuff in the way hiding the grommet, agree about the ABS tho i'm going to bin mine eventually

ChrisMClark
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:29
It doesn't bother me that it doesn't work, but I've got an MOT in August, and not much time between now and then (believe it or not! I'm THAT busy! :lol:) I'm contemplating whipping it out and checking the solder joints. All the fault codes point to the rear right sensor, but the problem's followed the normal path for a dodgy ECU: ABS light intermittent, followed by permanently on.