PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where to find these?

Vikingxl
Monday 27th June 2005, 14:02
I have now changed the front grille and the lower grille on my V70 and now need to replace these parts(PIC BELOW) i am after something with a mesh design rather than the fins that i already have .Anybody got any ideas the only ones i have seen are on siam blues car.
Cheers

siamblue
Monday 27th June 2005, 15:18
Rich mine are of a S70R, They were bought from Volvos for about £50 pair,

Vikingxl
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 09:39
Cheers Gary they are ordered from volvo in brum and should be here tomorrow spot on with the price thanks for the help should look fantastic for the weekend pics will be up as soon as it is done.

siamblue
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 11:29
Viking they do a centre one as well at £15 plus vat,

Gary

p fandango
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 12:06
http://img169.echo.cx/img169/6688/dsc001546zr.jpg
not sure how easy it is to do on S/V70's but why not make your own out of mesh

vt5
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 20:31
Hey Pedro, do you want some fogs?

Got 2 OE ones, one works, the other needs a tab soldering onto it then it will work also. Lenses fine etc.

You can have them for nowt to plug your holes if you want.

Andrew
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 20:37
I'm seeing the Ovlov

p fandango
Tuesday 28th June 2005, 20:46
Hey Pedro, do you want some fogs?

Got 2 OE ones, one works, the other needs a tab soldering onto it then it will work also. Lenses fine etc.

You can have them for nowt to plug your holes if you want.
thanks for the offer mate but i've took them out, i'm going to mesh the holes the next time i have the bumper off but a very kind offer of you

Vikingxl
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 06:43
http://img169.echo.cx/img169/6688/dsc001546zr.jpg
not sure how easy it is to do on S/V70's but why not make your own out of mesh
Very nice
Thought about it but cannot work out the best way to do it yet so i am going to fit the others until i get round to it.How did you make yours?

p fandango
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 12:28
Very nice
Thought about it but cannot work out the best way to do it yet so i am going to fit the others until i get round to it.How did you make yours?
all i did on mine was remove the old plastic grills & use them as a template to cut the mesh, then siliconed them in place. The bumper cover isn't held on with any of the torque screws anymore (because you can't remove the mesh to get to the holes) but the plastic clips along the top edge hold it secure enough

Vikingxl
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 14:37
Pedro
Thanks for the advice i will have a go at the weekend i was thinking i could cut the centres out of the new ones i have got and fit the mesh to the surround so they would still be removable just in case i ever need a tow.Will let you know how i get on.

p fandango
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 14:55
that does sound a good idea actually, on the 850's the towing eye sticks thru the drivers side grill so it doesn't have to be removed

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 15:22
Pedro...where did you get the panel under the lights without the wiper motor hole or have just had it filled?

PS whats happenin with all the flies.....!!!!!?

p fandango
Wednesday 29th June 2005, 15:34
Pedro...where did you get the panel under the lights without the wiper motor hole or have just had it filled?

PS whats happenin with all the flies.....!!!!!?
the panels are straight from Volvo (left = 9151239-2, right = 9151238-4 £31 for both un-painted)

its amazing how many flies you can collect at 70mph (honest officer :cop: )

Vikingxl
Friday 1st July 2005, 14:19
Have fitted the "V" grilles and am not happy with the result as they dont seem to sit very well so its back to the drawing board.Pics will follow tomorrow.

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 16:58
Well here is the pic as you can see the grills dont sit flush the r bumper must be a slightly different shape here.So back to the drawing board will post pics as soon as it is sorted.

p fandango
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 18:23
they don't look right at all do they, might be able to sell them to someone off here who has a S/V70R & might want them for spares to recover the money back

siamblue
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 22:22
Well here is the pic as you can see the grills dont sit flush the r bumper must be a slightly different shape here.So back to the drawing board will post pics as soon as it is sorted.

There's something not right there,
Here's a pic of mine for comparison,

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500954_19_full.jpg

Vikingxl
Sunday 3rd July 2005, 23:04
I didnt think yours looked like mine i will have to have another look tomorrow thanks for the close up shot.