PDA

View Full Version : v70 t5 teething problems

tornado
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 14:49
any of you guys help me out?
just bought a 1998 v70 t5 estate,now its in mint condition and drives like a dream..but it has a few little niggly teething problems....
firstly when you put ignition on theres a constant clicking noise like the hazzards are on but they are not.
secondly the alarm does not seem to be working.i arm it of the fob,central locking locks all doors,theres no flashing of indicators,no red led by the windscreen,i leave the window open and stick my hand by the sensors but nothing.when i unlock with the fob the indicators flash..????i really dont want my new baby stolen...any ideas?

pigfight
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 15:24
does the "clicking noise" stop as soon as you plug your seat belt in?
if so, its just to remind you to put on your seatbelt.
not clued up on the fob/immobiliser, sure somone who is will be along soon though.

tornado
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 15:54
well done pigfight that was exactly what the clicking noise was....i feel rather silly now...anyone shed any light on the alarm?

jdavis
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 16:41
are all your doors registering as closed? i.e. check that interior light goes off when you arm the alarm. you can also check to see which it is by looking at the marker light area of the door from the inside and see if it's glowing.