PDA

View Full Version : 19t

woking rob
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 14:05
im looking at getting a new 19t how much boost can they hold? i dont mind up rating the actuater and stuff like that

p fandango
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 15:13
im looking at getting a new 19t how much boost can they hold? i dont mind up rating the actuater and stuff like that
not sure what the upper boost limit is but the original actuator on a 19t is a higher rating that that on a 15g anyway. I'm only running my 19t at 10psi & its got alot more go than the old 15g at 20psi

p fandango
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 15:19
just had a look & the 15g uses a 150/40 actuator while the 19t should have a 300/70 actuator (no idea what that means myself lol)

woking rob
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 16:50
lol
so if i put it to 14 psi it will b fun

p fandango
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 16:55
lol
so if i put it to 14 psi it will b fun
oh indeed, i wouldn't turn it up until you have you it rolling roaded & checked the fuelling out tho. Running at 10psi my injectors are hitting 100% duty cycle which isn't good lol

woking rob
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 21:23
what have u got?

woking rob
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 21:23
injectors*

Rnash2002
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 21:41
injectors*
I think hes on standard orange at the moment.
I think the 19T is good for around 20psi going on whats been said on the US volvo forums,but needs to be progressive boost so you dont get too much torque too low in the rev range.

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 05:03
what have u got?

injectors*
yeh as Rnash says i'm still on the oranges, altho now i'm messing & got the rail off i might put the blues in

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 11:29
You will need to remap for a 19T - flow rate on the 19T is different and boost is only 1/3 of the equation.

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 11:50
You will need to remap for a 19T - flow rate on the 19T is different and boost is only 1/3 of the equation.
FFM did well enough without one :biggrin:

Rnash2002
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 12:37
FFM did well enough without one :biggrin:

Been meaning to ask what injectors was FFM running and how was he controling the boost?

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 12:58
Been meaning to ask what injectors was FFM running and how was he controling the boost?
orange injectors but with the regulator tweaked to increase the pressure, & just a MBC controlling the boost (think it was set to 15psi)

t5 pete
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 20:36
When i get the 240 finished i will be running a 18t just to get it up and running to keep the cost down but will be using at least 20psi to power it but i will be having forged internals

cragmaz
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 21:56
I have a 19t on my 855, and along with blue injectors,walbro 255, remap, v70R manifold, 3" ipd downpipe and a big FMIC, i run 18psi ok.

oh and Its fun!!!!!

Craig

Rnash2002
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 11:00
I have a 19t on my 855, and along with blue injectors,walbro 255, remap, v70R manifold, 3" ipd downpipe and a big FMIC, i run 18psi ok.

oh and Its fun!!!!!

Craig
I think if you have a remap then it should be ok if your running the standard bcs to regulate the boost.
Reading on the forums people say that too much boost or torque around 2k rpm to 3.5k rpm you would have a chance of bending a rod.
This is why im only running 10psi at the monent through a mbc because they bring the boost in quick.
When i get mine mapped im only going to run 14psi in 1st then 1 bar in 2nd upto 3.5k rpm then maybe push her alittle more after that and the same in the rest of the gears just to be safe.
But saying this its all luck of the draw as most know not every 850 t5 is the same.

cragmaz
Saturday 24th April 2010, 20:30
I think if you have a remap then it should be ok if your running the standard bcs to regulate the boost.
Reading on the forums people say that too much boost or torque around 2k rpm to 3.5k rpm you would have a chance of bending a rod.
This is why im only running 10psi at the monent through a mbc because they bring the boost in quick.
When i get mine mapped im only going to run 14psi in 1st then 1 bar in 2nd upto 3.5k rpm then maybe push her alittle more after that and the same in the rest of the gears just to be safe.
But saying this its all luck of the draw as most know not every 850 t5 is the same.

mapping all them boost levels in the app. gears at app. load levels would be a right job, oh and cost a fortune, think you better look into that, not saying it cant be done, but you need a **** hot mapper!

Have you thought about a programmable boost controller, such as an apexi avc-r or a greddy profec.b. or similar?

As with the gears and load levels, i know on mine i hit diff levels in diff gears, and has been like that since i can remember, its all to do with load and boost creep, my levels are...... oh on a cool ish day!

1st- 15psi
2nd- 17psi
3rd- 18psi (peak)
4th-almost 20 (peak)
5th- dunno, prob banned and bang!!!

these are peak levels, in 3rd and 4th, it holds at about 15psi steady.

Hope this helps dude.

Craig

Rnash2002
Saturday 24th April 2010, 22:05
mapping all them boost levels in the app. gears at app. load levels would be a right job, oh and cost a fortune, think you better look into that, not saying it cant be done, but you need a **** hot mapper!

Have you thought about a programmable boost controller, such as an apexi avc-r or a greddy profec.b. or similar?

As with the gears and load levels, i know on mine i hit diff levels in diff gears, and has been like that since i can remember, its all to do with load and boost creep, my levels are...... oh on a cool ish day!

1st- 15psi
2nd- 17psi
3rd- 18psi (peak)
4th-almost 20 (peak)
5th- dunno, prob banned and bang!!!

these are peak levels, in 3rd and 4th, it holds at about 15psi steady.

Hope this helps dude.

Craig

So is that running with a mbc or ebc?

cragmaz
Sunday 25th April 2010, 10:46
So is that running with a mbc or ebc?

an evolution mbc at the mo.

more work to be done to the map tho, when we get time to get it back on the dyno.

cheers
craig

Rnash2002
Sunday 25th April 2010, 14:09
an evolution mbc at the mo.

more work to be done to the map tho, when we get time to get it back on the dyno.

cheers
craig
I think i would be too scared to run a mbc with a bigger turbo anything past 10 ish psi,will probably look into a ebc or ask a few volvo tuners if they can do what i want or look at another option.

p fandango
Sunday 25th April 2010, 14:16
I think i would be too scared to run a mbc with a bigger turbo anything past 10 ish psi,will probably look into a ebc or ask a few volvo tuners if they can do what i want or look at another option.
i don't think the standard ECU has the capability to map for seperate gears, even on the turbo tuner ECU its not possible. I've got the Apexi AVC-R & it is an amazing bit of kit, the gear mapping isn't fully controllable you simply tell it what percentage of the original settings you want (ie 2nd gear reduce boost by 10% etc not a complete different map)