Monday 19th April 2010, 22:14
...in the passenger seat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOSv4c3z3E

Rnash2002
Monday 19th April 2010, 23:52
Lol so was she sick :)

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 00:12
That looks more like a public road than a private one. lol Hope none of the Police Members on here see that or your wife might not be the only one feeling sick.. lol....

Max Headroom
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 07:01
That looks more like a public road than a private one. lol Hope none of the Police Members on here see that or your wife might not be the only one feeling sick.. lol....

I was mindful of where we were and my wife is not used to acceleration as opposed to speed. We did not break the speed limit just sounded like it :)

Anyway, no my wife wasnt sick ;)

Murphy
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 10:19
Lol, my father in law used to do something similar. Usually trying to pull the grab handle off the roof.

Rhys
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 11:24
I remember my father in law gripping the dashboard of my old BMW 318ti with white Knuckles while going round the twisty country roads in Shropshire - was under the speed limit as well, it's just that is was a very nicely balanced car and cornered extremely well lol.

The T5 is a lot faster but I think he feels safer in it as it's a Volvo - never really booted it with him in it though tbh.. lol

t5_monkey
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 18:31
I hope this is the first time anyone has heard your wife squealing on this forum :)

I apologize for that comment fully and unreservedly with my head hung in shame...

I couldn't resist! :hilarious

Pliskin
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 19:35
I was mindful of where we were and my wife is not used to acceleration as opposed to speed. We did not break the speed limit just sounded like it :)

Anyway, no my wife wasnt sick ;)

Talking of sounding like it, it really did. Is this the kind of audio feedback you get in the car from the poly top mounts?

Max Headroom
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 19:53
Talking of sounding like it, it really did. Is this the kind of audio feedback you get in the car from the poly top mounts?

? not sure what you mean

Pliskin
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 20:13
The mount which secures the top of the engine by an elogated "arm" to the bulkhead has a rubber bush in it.

The original manufacturers spec bush can be replaced by a polymer bush, which is a lot harder and as such transfers a lot more of the engine noise into the cab.

There are mixed reviews on it because although it gives a proper rorty noise on acceleration, your day to day in car noise levels are supposed to be higher as well.

I hope your good lady has recovered.

Max Headroom
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 00:53
The mount which secures the top of the engine by an elogated "arm" to the bulkhead has a rubber bush in it.

The original manufacturers spec bush can be replaced by a polymer bush, which is a lot harder and as such transfers a lot more of the engine noise into the cab.

There are mixed reviews on it because although it gives a proper rorty noise on acceleration, your day to day in car noise levels are supposed to be higher as well.

I hope your good lady has recovered.

Ah yes it has had the polybush changed, the noise is from the exhaust, its a 3" scaffolding pipe straight through. Its very noisy, people can hear me from miles around.

As for my wife, she has made a full recovery :) thank you for asking

LeeT5
Monday 17th May 2010, 03:02

I think MAX has forgotten that replacing the top engine mount on an 850 T5 Does indeed create more engine noise in the cabin. It did on my T5 (a few years back). The noise alone is from both Top mount, or indeed the lower transmission torque mount as well as the exhaust.

On the 850's the bush will be purple and therefore harder than the yellow used on a later V70. You still get cabin noise just not as much vibration with the yellow. The lower torque mount made more noise when i replaced mine than the top engine mount.

Sounds sweet!!