PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 help

Slomo
Sunday 18th April 2010, 13:05
Hi everyone

a few years ago I bought a T5 to use as an everyday car. I used it for about 7 months while the T4 was rested (ish) and played with. I then got myself a Mustang and just used the T4 and the Mustang while the T5 was left in storage under cover (mostly). Iam now trying to get the T5 on the road again so I can use that more.

I have replaced the battery, rear shocks and headlights as I knew they needed replacing for an MOT.

It starts 1st time, runs sweet and is sweet :)

1 minor issue. Hazards work but indicators do not? Any idea's?

The dipped lights also do not work, but am hoping that is just bulbs. replacements arrive tomorrow.

I am hoping to get it MOT'd and on the road asap :) Oil change and service planned this coming week.

Slo

martybelfastt5
Sunday 18th April 2010, 13:15
could be the return spring on you ignition ,when it dosent recoil all these items dont work try turning it back a notch when started,,,,

Mr Sheen
Sunday 18th April 2010, 14:00
Hazards could just be a duff switch.

Tomcat
Sunday 18th April 2010, 15:57
Could well be a knackered ignition switch, do you have any lights staying on after startup?(on the dash that is). As has already been mention turn the key back ever so slightly after startup, if they then work then it's defo the switch.

Slomo
Sunday 18th April 2010, 16:22
cheers guys. moving the key back slightly when the car is running worked... So what is the fault? Is that the ignition or the stalk switch?

Slomo

andyb1375
Sunday 18th April 2010, 16:35
Hi Slomo. It will be the electrical part of the ignition switch (common fault)

Slomo
Sunday 18th April 2010, 16:40
ok cool. whats the fix? lol

Slo

martybelfastt5
Sunday 18th April 2010, 17:50
there is an article on it here or on voc to fix it tho its not a that great a deal to live with,,,lol,

andyb1375
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:24
ok cool. whats the fix? lol

Slo

Hi Buddy. Just remove the steering cowl and you will see a grey plastic switch with several wires coming out (the opposite end to the ignition barrel, just undue the 2 grub screws and replace the switch. I think that they are about £30 new. I have a secondhand one if you want it for a tenner posted.