PDA

View Full Version : brick wall on tick down

heyes
Thursday 15th April 2010, 15:20
Hi Just got the 850 T5 auto and when I sometimes tick down the engine does the hitting a brick wall thing. Also the gauge doesn't appear to move. It boosts normally through the gears but when I hard tick down it does the brick wall thing. Having had Saabs before I would think either a loose hose or sticky waste gate actuator. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

p fandango
Thursday 15th April 2010, 15:39
sounds like your hitting the boost/MAF limit to me. Yes it could be the actuator/wastegate stuck closed or have you got an MBC fitted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1QoS3XpG4
mine hitting the boost limit

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 15th April 2010, 23:08
Yeah, what pedro says, could be wastegate actuator or the wastegate sticking, or a pipe to it could have broken

heyes
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 20:14
Hi Got the serviced today and all is going well. There were 2 codes come out 1. 4.1.4 and 2.3.2 and the boost dial doesn't move. Help!!

p fandango
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 20:41
Hi Got the serviced today and all is going well. There were 2 codes come out 1. 4.1.4 and 2.3.2 and the boost dial doesn't move. Help!!
414 is boost pressure regulator to high (ie hitting overboost)
232 is long term fuel trim at limits at idle (no idea)

the boost gauge is ran off a vac line from the vac tree, i'm sure its a white pipe & normally comes apart at a joint behind the passenger headlight

Rnash2002
Tuesday 20th April 2010, 21:45
232 i think could be a vac leak or pipe off,i had this code come up when messing with vac pipes while the engine was running,so could possible be the gauge pipe not conected.

heyes
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:00
414 is boost pressure regulator to high (ie hitting overboost)
232 is long term fuel trim at limits at idle (no idea)

the boost gauge is ran off a vac line from the vac tree, i'm sure its a white pipe & normally comes apart at a joint behind the passenger headlight

Thanks for info that's what it was. Question should the needle go all the way into the white as my does now.

p fandango
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:10
Thanks for info that's what it was. Question should the needle go all the way into the white as my does now.
no worries, on a standard car it should go about 3/4 to the end of the white on the gauge

Rnash2002
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 19:11
p fandango beat me too it lol.

heyes
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 21:28
no worries, on a standard car it should go about 3/4 to the end of the white on the gauge

And if it goes to the end of the white area ?

p fandango
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 06:15
And if it goes to the end of the white area ?
then someones been messing lol. Could be either a remap,MBC/bleed valve or even the actuator adjusted