PDA

View Full Version : Folding mirror help

andyb1375
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 22:07
Hi Guys

The other day I used the electric folding mirrors on my 2000 MY T5., they both folded in fine, but when I folded them out the passenger side stayed folded, so I manually pushed it out. I wont now fold in or out and there appears to be 'no resistance i.e as if something inside has become disconnected.

Any ideas are gratefully received

richiemat
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 22:27
Hi Guys

The other day I used the electric folding mirrors on my 2000 MY T5., they both folded in fine, but when I folded them out the passenger side stayed folded, so I manually pushed it out. I wont now fold in or out and there appears to be 'no resistance i.e as if something inside has become disconnected.

Any ideas are gratefully received

I used to pull one of the fuses out but was told by a dealer to just pull them both back the wrong way press the folding button and they reset...I've yet to try this so let us know if it works!

andyb1375
Thursday 15th April 2010, 06:57
I used to pull one of the fuses out but was told by a dealer to just pull them both back the wrong way press the folding button and they reset...I've yet to try this so let us know if it works!

Yeah..that did the trick, thanks mate

Welshlou
Sunday 2nd May 2010, 20:53
Yeah..that did the trick, thanks mate

My mirrors do this on a regular basis and that particular method doesn't work. However, the fuse pulling method always works. I.E. Pull one fuse out and operate the mirrors, turn engine off. Pull the other fuse out, turn engine on then off (this resets everything). Put both fuses back in and everything should be fine.