PDA

View Full Version : LED Bulbs

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 09:58
Ok, bought some LED bulbs, the sort where it has little squares stick all over the stem, not the old LED's like you used to use in CDT at school.

Fitted them, and they are really dull! i thought these suckers would be bright, but they arent. Also made my blown bulb light come one? am i missing something?

They are about as bright as my sidelights, but are the H7 bulbs used in main lights - are they just duffers?

Cheers

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 10:09
Sounds like they're just duffers.

I've not heard of LED's that work as main/dip beam? (not bright enough) only ever seem then as indicators and sidelights.

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 12:28
I use the High Intensity bulbs. there are lots of different types of LEDs, funnily enough. the flat head single LED heads are brighter than the Multihead ones I have found.. this is how mine looks at night....unless im reading it wrong and your talking about Exterior bulbs lol

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/MISC/IMG_2086.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 12:37
I have only used the LED sidelight bulbs to get a colour match to the 6000K HIDs on the dips.

last night I also changed my 4300K main beam to 6000K to get a closer match.

I have a spare set of H7 HID 6000K for dips on your car - but you'd need to get ballasts to go with them.

Depends what headlights you have up front. On the old style I would advise getting H7R to stop the glare.

I am a master at fitting HID kits now!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 13:24
I use the High Intensity bulbs. there are lots of different types of LEDs, funnily enough. the flat head single LED heads are brighter than the Multihead ones I have found.. this is how mine looks at night....unless im reading it wrong and your talking about Exterior bulbs lol

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/MISC/IMG_2086.jpg

Your dash looks like the flight deck of the U.S.S. Enterprise :) *thumbs up - warp factor 8 Mr Data!"

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 13:39
No its because trolls gravitate towards dark places like under bridges. LOL

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 14th April 2010, 15:32
Cheers guys, yeh sorry they were for dipped beam on my projectors - just got them to see what they were like. The colour was really nice, just looked like a torch light with flat batteries though when i stuck them on. Never mind, they werent expensive.

Yeh, i am after sticking a HID kit into my projectors, and also see that people do it on their full beam to, so it matchs.

Ho hum, throw these suckers in the bin - and crack on with getting me some HID's

Cheers guys