PDA

View Full Version : Brake caliper decals

Cubes
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 09:56
Hello all.

I have finally got round to painting my calipers and I'm just about to put some decals on them. The ones I got are these from fleabay...

LINKY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-R-S60-V70_W0QQitemZ380222762779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58870aef1b)

I was wondering, is the adhesive they come backed with strong enough or should I put some of my own on? A mate of mine superglued his a few months back and has had no probs with peeling etc. I just wondered what advice anyone can give.

Cheers guys/gals.

volvokid
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 10:03
Hello all.

I have finally got round to painting my calipers and I'm just about to put some decals on them. The ones I got are these from fleabay...

LINKY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-R-S60-V70_W0QQitemZ380222762779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58870aef1b)

I was wondering, is the adhesive they come backed with strong enough or should I put some of my own on? A mate of mine superglued his a few months back and has had no probs with peeling etc. I just wondered what advice anyone can give.

Cheers guys/gals.

They work great you dont need to add anything

Cubes
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 10:05
They work great you dont need to add anything

Cheers, VK. You've used these before I take it?

volvokid
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 10:15
Cheers, VK. You've used these before I take it?

Yeah I have the R ones on the V70

p fandango
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 12:38
i'm surprised they handle the heat that well

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 17:32
i have these havent got round to fitting yet. they are heat resistant and this can be told by the thickness and texture ect,wasnt sure about how to apply myself,,lol

willi
Tuesday 13th April 2010, 20:25
Just had a look at the link..They look really good,think i might get meself a set.

Cheers

lordvague
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 17:59
For some time Ive wanted to paint my brake calipers in front and rear red, just like porche 911 has. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if anyone knows what paint should I use to make breaks shinny red

volvokid
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 19:04
For some time Ive wanted to paint my brake calipers in front and rear red, just like porche 911 has. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if anyone knows what paint should I use to make breaks shinny red

I use halfrauds calliper paint its brilliant stuff, I bought another brand and it was rubbish there was dirt in the paint and it was like water cost £18 too

Rnash2002
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 19:18
I used the decals on some calipers on my old rover,they only started to peel when i used a lance at a petrol station cleaning my car,so just be carful.