PDA

View Full Version : Improve handling on 850 t5 estate

heyes
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:08
Hi just bought a 850 T5 GLT estate auto . Need to know in which order of upgrade is best to improve the handing, before I start remapping etc.

thanks

linkin582
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:14
iv got a factory strut brace in my t5 made a big diffrence. also poly bushs and a decent set of tyres can go a long way hope thats helps

Clan998
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 22:09
Hi just bought a 850 T5 GLT estate auto . Need to know in which order of upgrade is best to improve the handing, before I start remapping etc.

thanks

Hi

Strut brace is a good start .....ipd rear anti roll bar made a big difference to mine .

Depends what your shocks front top mounts etc are like .... Mine where shot so I did my shocks and springs aswell and got 4 wheel laser alignment done .

My wheels were all over the place so getting them aligned properly made a big difference too.

aeroresh
Sunday 11th April 2010, 11:16
Unless they've already been changed most of the suspension parts are likely to be pretty tired :(

Problem with suspension is that once you've started taking it apart you may aswell do everything at once. ie change bushes, top mounts, uprate droplinks, etc whilst its in bits to avoid future issues and save on labour.

Flatout Phil
Sunday 11th April 2010, 17:17
It isn't suspension you need to deal with first off, it is the brakes. 302mm upgrade (Police spec) to front makes a world of difference and is about £175 - money WELL spent!
Contact Rufe (Simon at FRF Swansea - you will find him under traders on the forum) he will supply the brackets, discs etc.
Cheers,
Phil.

850 2.5 10v
Monday 12th April 2010, 17:11
Actually.....if you have just bought the car...

It isn't any of the above!

What you need to make sure is that your car is mechanically up to what it was made for.

I'd suggest you give it a good Stage Zero service - search on the forum and you'll find it.

Then run the car for a couple of weeks and see how you get a on.

You might find better things to do with your money than bolt on expensive stuff, to a dead duck.

Pay special attention to thiongs like ATF fluid etc..

Cheers

t5_monkey
Monday 12th April 2010, 17:22
Stage 0
Wheel pressures and alignment
Strut Brace
IPD Rollbars
Sports Springs
Koni or similar dampers
Powerflex Bushes

After all that it'll handle like a limpet covered in superglue.

heyes
Monday 12th April 2010, 23:13
Thanks for all your advice and help. I will try and put all of it into practice and get back to you.