PDA

View Full Version : re-spray dead money or not ????

linkin582
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:02
the car flew though the mot yesterday just a tyre needed! drives like new even thou its on 148,000 .but the paint work is a little rough around the edges. is i worth the cost of a re-spray or is it dead money ????
looking at keeping the car for a couple more years
any comments welcomed cheer all

t5 pete
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:31
If your wanting to keep the car then yes its worth getting it sprayed but if your not going to keep the car for long just remember the re spray will cost more that what you would probley get for your t5

linkin582
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:36
thats what i was thinking but all the little chips are starting really anoy me it could do with two new wings a slight bit of rust bubbling up !!

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:56
If you fancy it, go for it. That said, there is a lot of cheap heavy metal out there at present.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 22:48
If you want to spray it do it. Its your money and no one elses if it bothers you then sort it out

nobananas
Thursday 8th April 2010, 19:10
I'm sort of in the same dilemma myself. My T5's got a few rust blisters round the rear arches and more stone chips then paint on the front and I was going to do it all. Trouble is the price of fuel starts to gnaw at your plans and you start to wonder if you can really afford it !

willi
Thursday 8th April 2010, 19:34
Go for it matey...Get it sprayed, you know you want to. :-)

T5n00b
Saturday 10th April 2010, 18:44
Whats a ball park figure for an 850 respray? remembering that I wouldnt want to do any of the stripping of bits myself, like a drive in and pick it up once done.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 11th April 2010, 13:10
i got quoted 1450 for a respray,900 if i preped it myself tho was advised to let paint shop do the preping as they would spot trouble areas i wouldnt and these wouldnt be repaired and may even be spotted after painting ,,was tempted then sold my 850t5 added the respray money and just secured an 850 t5r ,,tho whos to say i wont want this repainted after i got to terms with all its little niggles

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 11th April 2010, 21:11
My car looks very nice when polished up apart from the bonnet which has now lost nearly all it's lacquer as sometime in it's past it has had a poor respray. I've been quoted £500 to do the bonnet and blow in the tops of the wings. It's a lot but it's by a very good garage who has done work for me before. If i was selling the car i wouldn't bother but it's my second car and i love it to bits and have no plans on selling it so when funds allow later in the summer it will get a face lift lol.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 11th April 2010, 22:12
I am trying to understand why you think you need a respray?

Loadsamiles
Monday 12th April 2010, 12:24
Bad hair day!

princepugh
Monday 12th April 2010, 14:02
A few years back I had my Phase I V70 (the one in the pic) vandalised, requiring a re-spray for the roof and parts of the bonnet. I paid the extra to get the bonnet fully done and it looked so much better for it, as it had took a peppering over the years.

The roof was a different story resulting in water leaking in through the windscreen and boot every time it rained. Took me ages to resolve it with the insurer and was an all round a PITA.

Panels/ doors could be worthwhile but leave the shell alone if you can!

Also, might be worthwhile considering one of these mobile units depending on how much acreage you think needs doing?