PDA

View Full Version : Electric folding mirrors... possible mod?

Spooky
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 14:10
Just been reading an add for a 2k1 T5 and i note it has electric folding mirrors. Has anyone ever attempted and is it possible to fit these to a P1 V70?

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 14:30
My mate had them fitted to his mini, not a Volvo - so know there are some sort of kits out there, if the kits are universal, i cannot answer - all i can say is the guy could not do them to every car because of space in the mirror etc. See what google brings up??

Al115
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:08
They were a factory option - my 2001 has them. They will require a dealer to retrofit (computas...)

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:56
They were a factory option - my 2001 has them. They will require a dealer to retrofit (computas...)

My 01 T5 doesnt have them :-( lol... grrrrrrrrrr fake.... lmao

Vikingxl
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 22:49
Are you ever going to use this fuction as i dont think its really worth the time and effort involved.Ive used mine once in the whole time ive had my car

Spooky
Thursday 8th April 2010, 00:01
Are you ever going to use this fuction as i dont think its really worth the time and effort involved.Ive used mine once in the whole time ive had my car

LOL... if you saw the width of the parking spaces we are allocated at work, and the recent damage i WITNESSED being caused by some dumb bitch with a handbag and cash in/on her left arm you would need not ask that question viking :)

Yeah i would use it, 5 days of the week LOL :)

Storm-Troll
Thursday 8th April 2010, 00:53

and look at the death rate of pensioners in your village due to some Mysterious thunp on te back of the head by a heavy blunt object, police still baffled to the cause.. maybe u should start using the button before your the only Troll in the village lol

p fandango
Thursday 8th April 2010, 05:23
electric folding mirrors were an option on 850's for the Japanese market so assume it would of been carried over to the S/V70 classic, a main stealer (Rufe, TMS) should be able to get them as i've brought USA spec bits from them. It still might need some custom wiring as i'm not sure how they integrate with the car & its original loom, but it won't be that hard to make a basic circuit with a dash switch

Rogerb
Thursday 22nd April 2010, 01:51
I have a set of folding mirrors for my 1998 V70 ,that i got off of a 1999 V70 in a scrap yard.
You need two new mirrors ,a new type heated rear window switch, a new type heated rear window realy as it uses the defroster cables and mirror folding switch with conector plug.
In the parts list ,it is listed as Jap spec if I rember right.
Most of the wirring is there ,only had a smal mod to link the switch in.
Passanger side worked ok , drivers broken so both removed untill i get a new one
around £190.
All the bits ,bar cable were at volvos in feb this year but very pricey.

Regards Rogerb

Simon J
Saturday 24th April 2010, 23:06
Rogerb, can you throw some more light on exactly how you wired up the folding mirrors? I looked into this some years ago as I had discovered that the Japanese C70 also had this option but I could never work out what was required to fit them to a UK car. It seemed to me that it required quite a major bit of rewiring as the mirrors also had lights in them that lit up the ground when the car was unlocked with the key fob. Do the ones you have also do that? AS my garage is a very tight fit for my C70 I'd still be very interested in trying to get this mod to work.

Thanks

Rogerb
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 19:54
The ones for the mark 1 V70(850 shape) do not have a down light in them,
but the phase 2 (2000 on new shape) ones do.
I am away from home for a week or so for work , when I get back , I will
look up the wiring lay out and what bits I changed ,to fit them.

The phase 2 cars they just plug in and then you need the dealer to program
the computers. I have had this done a few times.

Regards Rogerb

Simon J
Tuesday 27th April 2010, 21:01
Thanks,Rogerb, that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Simon J

Spooky
Monday 3rd May 2010, 11:28
Nice one rogerb! Look forward to your further write up on the wiring then i will look at sourcing the parts :)