PDA

View Full Version : Prices for Bilstein shocks

Big Al
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 00:15
The nearside front Bilstein gave up on my R a week ago - the lower spring seat had rusted through. Thanks to Pookie and the loan of a spare set of shocks I am back on the road.

Any suggestions as to the best place to buy new Bilsteins? The best price I have found so far is £172 - does that sound about right? This is for a V36-4015 unit.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Clan998
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 10:09
The nearside front Bilstein gave up on my R a week ago - the lower spring seat had rusted through. Thanks to Pookie and the loan of a spare set of shocks I am back on the road.

Any suggestions as to the best place to buy new Bilsteins? The best price I have found so far is £172 - does that sound about right? This is for a V36-4015 unit.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Hi

Not sure on the code . Try Europarts i got some B4's from there for about £50 each . Not sure what there stock is like now they were selling pretty fast !

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 14:55
Hi

Not sure on the code . Try Europarts i got some B4's from there for about £50 each . Not sure what there stock is like now they were selling pretty fast !

They still have some £54 +vat as of this morning.

Any recommendations on durable top mounts?

Big Al
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 15:05
Clan, Phil,

Thanks for the tips - however the only shocks I can find on the europarts site is for the B4 rear shocker at around £50. What I am after is a B6 front to damp the Eibach springs. europreformance.co.uk at £172 might be getting my money.

Phil, are you after the rubber spring seat or the steel plate with the bearing in? I bought new spring seats from Rufe for £27.20 + VAT last week. Not sure about the steel top mount - GSF have them at around £45 each but not sure of the manufacturer.

Cheers

Al

ANDYRACER
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 16:54
Al,
I went i eurocarparts in Bredbury before xmas and they can get hold of front and rear billies but they need to be ordered in, were about £50+vat.

p.s Saw the big red bus parked in somerfields in Edgeley the other week, i live round the corner.

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 17:07
Clan, Phil,

Thanks for the tips - however the only shocks I can find on the europarts site is for the B4 rear shocker at around £50. What I am after is a B6 front to damp the Eibach springs. europreformance.co.uk at £172 might be getting my money.

Phil, are you after the rubber spring seat or the steel plate with the bearing in? I bought new spring seats from Rufe for £27.20 + VAT last week. Not sure about the steel top mount - GSF have them at around £45 each but not sure of the manufacturer.

Cheers

Al

Just ordered from Rufe (yes the ones you ordered) - as ever, MUCH cheaper (well, mainly) than even EuroCarParts...

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 6th April 2010, 17:08
Clan, Phil,

Cheers

Al

As for the B6, well, give them a ring at ECP, the website sucks but they are quite helpful.