PDA

View Full Version : Stereo for my Van -advice required

mike7
Monday 5th April 2010, 13:17
Hello,
I bought a Pug Expert Combi as I need to transport motorbike sometimes, and family rest of the time etc. The van is ex-police and has no stereo. There is wiring where the stereo should be but it is cut off, although there appears to be a couple of electrical connections.I am going to be checking the wiring situation this afternoon, see if I have 12v supply,speakers behind the door cover and so on.I am not over interested in music, but would like the radio on, and be able to play cd's, and connect my mp3. Bluetooth and a speaker for handsfree phone use would be good to have.
I am wanting advice on where I can buy a radio and 4 speakers for £300 or less. Also, what sort of wiring is required nowadays. Used to run thin 2-core stuff to each speaker. Is that still ok?
Any recommendations for shops who offer good advice please?
Also, if someone is selling a stereo then I might be interested.
cheers,Mike

thebadger
Monday 5th April 2010, 13:44
Yeah, could be done on the cheap.

There's plenty of websites that do good deals.

Try someone like www.caraudiodirect.co.uk and maybe www.caraudiocentre.co.uk or www.bassjunkies.com

Cheap units will skin you for about £90, speakers could be about £100, adaptor (wire colours should match up!) £10.

Jimmie
Monday 5th April 2010, 16:12
Why dont you just fit one of these or similar?.
http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits

mike7
Monday 5th April 2010, 17:25
Hello,
thanks for the replies. I will phone Bassjunkies tomorrow regarding the Alpine CDE 113BT. Perhaps they will put me onto something else that is similiar, but if I stick to what I need to have eg hands free of some sort, and then a price limit, I should be ok, I hope! cheers,Mike

mds
Monday 5th April 2010, 18:00
Mike
I have an old Clarion single din unit in the garage complete set up. Semi motorised screen, CD changer, Navigation unit (I think the maps are 2002/2003), TV tuner and bluetooth unit. My son took it out of his car when he sold it if its any use?