PDA

View Full Version : SC 901 3-CD problem

gazjacko
Sunday 4th April 2010, 21:06
my head unit won't play anything in the 3-CD cartridge, it just loads one after another as if it doesn't recognise them as CDs.
It has done this before on home made audio CDs but these are genuine straight from the gramaphone shop of popular modern beat combos from the hit parade!!!:smile:
I've tried a search of the forum but can't get specific enough to get any leads.
anyone got an idea?
Cheers

Wombatbomb
Sunday 4th April 2010, 21:14
Have a look on the vOC forums for a user called "marcel".

BlackC70
Wednesday 2nd June 2010, 21:19
just revitalising this, it's dead easy to get the 901 working again, I did it myself yesterday...

Make sure you've got your radio code before you start.

Basically, take the unit out the dash (but leave the leads connected), undo the two little philips screws on the back that hold the lid on, lever the lid off then turn the radio on, push the cartridge in and let it commence the insert procedure (make sure the cart is empty tho)

When the caddy is as far out of the radio as it can get, pull the big black power plug out the back of the radio, this will stop the mech and allow you to access the laser.

Either use a long reach cotton bud or stick two of them together (like I did) and with the radio facing you, if you look across the inside of the mech from left to right (there's a couple of access holes) you'll find the cd lens on it's shuttle mech, that's your target with the cotton buds.

I licked the end of one of the buds and gently wiped the muck off the lens but I guess you could dip it in some cd lens cleaner solution for a proper job.

After a minute or so of wiping muck off the lens, I took the cotton bud out (now pretty black at the end), plugged the power back in, inserted some CD's to the cart and it started playing perfectly fine.

Just clip the top back on, put the 2 screws back in and robert is a blood relative of your father!!

sh0wtime
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 22:46
i think i'll have to try this on mine.
cheers dude :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 23:26
4 years!!

sh0wtime
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 23:48
would you rather i asked an old question or searched to find an answer?.....

just because the information is 4 years old does it make it any less relevant?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th January 2014, 23:54
I am just messing witcha.

sh0wtime
Thursday 30th January 2014, 00:04
bl00dy n00bs :)

actually i just went on ebay & bought a griffin itrip universal so i can listen to pretty much anything via my radio :)

t5 pete
Thursday 16th July 2015, 18:04
Holy moly I've give it ago

jamesy12345
Thursday 16th July 2015, 21:19
me too!