PDA

View Full Version : bee-r rev limiter

woking rob
Sunday 4th April 2010, 10:15
how it works is it only cuts off the spark not the fuel so it pops and bangs would this b bad for ur engine?

jp850R
Sunday 4th April 2010, 10:26
It means fuel will be burnt by the temperature of your turbo as the fuel will be expelled unburnt from your cylinder. not the best thing for your turbo! Do you have a spare turbo!!!

Although I have seen them on quite a few scoobies! may not be too bad. Not ideal for front wheel drive tho as its meant for a kind of launch control, itll just leave the front wheels spinning.....ok on scoobies as AWD...

woking rob
Sunday 4th April 2010, 10:46
so it will kill the turbo?
thats no good

MC_Bob
Sunday 4th April 2010, 11:48
Not so much, more of 'bore wash' imo.

p fandango
Sunday 4th April 2010, 11:50
i'm using an Omex rev limiter as Launch control on BT. Used it once on the road when i was sat at the lights next to a TT & it sounded like a machine gun going off lol

woking rob
Sunday 4th April 2010, 13:35
so it would b ok to use one? bt is still all good!!!

p fandango
Sunday 4th April 2010, 14:09
so it would b ok to use one? bt is still all good!!!
i hadn't used it much before i took BT off the road but yeh no issues, i've re-wired it so will be able to help more on the strip once she comes back out :biggrin:

woking rob
Sunday 4th April 2010, 14:31
i just want it to to bang when i take it all the way and to help with traction off the line

p fandango
Monday 5th April 2010, 08:53
i just want it to to bang when i take it all the way and to help with traction off the line
the Omex i use has the option to have a harsh (which pops & farts) or soft cut (which is the same as factory), guess which mine is set on lol. To help with traction the limiter will have to be set very low (3k-3.5k rpm) which is no good once your moving.

My system engages the second lower rev limit only when the clutch pedal is pressed, so when sat at the line i can floor the throttle & the engine will sit at a steady 3k. Then when the lights change you feed in the power & when the clutch is fully disengaged you get full revs, you can also keep the accelerator on while changing gear as the second limiter comes in with the clutch