PDA

View Full Version : T5 Charge Pipe

Arnie T5
Friday 2nd April 2010, 22:05
when I took the charge pipe off, the end that goes into the turbo had collapsed and folded in where the clamp does up causing a leak and reverberate like a saxaphone reed.

My question is, should the pipe have a netal insert in BOTH ends to stop the pipe from deforming from the clamp? as I noticed an insert in the intercooler end?

thebadger
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 00:09
Yes, there should be a metal collar in both ends.

Rufe can get you a new one for about £80.

Arnie T5
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 07:09
Thanks Badger, bloody thing has just blown off again on the wway to work this morning so gonna have to try the main stealer(doubt it will be in stock as nothing ever is) or the breakers, failing that I will see if I can get a piece of steel tube the right size and push it in. Had to come home to day as the clip fell off so pushed the pipe back on and trundled home on a tiny bit of throttle. GRRRRRRR

thebadger
Sunday 4th April 2010, 01:53
Like I said, PM Rufe (Simon at FRF Swansea Volvo) He'll get you the whole pipe (new & shiny) for about £80 delivered.

The alternative is replacing the wole pipe using silicone elbows & SS pipe/couplers. But that may cost as much as the plastic original.

HTH

Arnie T5
Wednesday 7th April 2010, 21:48
fixed it, managed to heat it up and re-shape it, then made a sleeve insert from a piece of aluminium strip rolled and rivited in place, got my turbo pressure back yay

thebadger
Thursday 8th April 2010, 00:29
Good stuff!

Hope it holds!