PDA

View Full Version : injectors

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 20:51
would these be any good for a volvo
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=6&ved=0CCkQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aetturbosonline.co.uk%2Findex .php%3Foption%3Dcom_virtuemart%26page%3Dshop.produ ct_details%26flypage%3Dflypage.tpl%26product_id%3D 500138%26Itemid%3D2&rct=j&q=focus+rs+injector+upgrade&ei=P0q2S8evD5r20gTttNQg&usg=AFQjCNGw4Njr0OnRBbSEPEvNDzc6InAOMw&sig2=nY4MzS0S5fuMdsSmiC6t2w

Alan M
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:00
Just go to a good reputed manufacturer such as RC. You need to be looking at more than what an indicated flow in cc is available at a certain pressure for injectors. There is a lot more to sizing the correct injector to suit your application.

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:02
Just go to a good reputed manufacturer such as RC. You need to be looking at more than what an indicated flow in cc is available at a certain pressure for injectors. There is a lot more to sizing the correct injector to suit your application.

all the volvo stuff is rated at 3.5 bar and them were 43psi

Alan M
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:09
All the volvo injectors are rated at the rail pressure for what car they came off. Bosch rate them at 3 bar but there are also factors to bring into selection for your desired application. Read up on injector theory and applications in various environments to get an idea on how and what you want to know before jumping on certain things you read over the net.

I forgot to add, why do you need to look outside the volvo family injector selection when you always seem to be asking about the standard frame volvo turbos in all the threads you delve into across the various forums?!

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:20
All the volvo injectors are rated at the rail pressure for what car they came off. Bosch rate them at 3 bar but there are also factors to bring into selection for your desired application. Read up on injector theory and applications in various environments to get an idea on how and what you want to know before jumping on certain things you read over the net.

cheers bud , can you reckomend any bigger than the green 465cc 1s

Alan M
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:25
cheers bud , can you reckomend any bigger than the green 465cc 1s

Go to a tuner with good experience of the whiteblock engine with various stages of tune to find the desired injectors you require as you obviously don't know enough to size them yourself. Its not something you should be asking any tom dick and harry over the net as you do not know who they are or what knowledge they posess. Please go to someone who is recommended by other forum users with tuned cars or to a reputed tuner.

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:51
Go to a tuner with good experience of the whiteblock engine with various stages of tune to find the desired injectors you require as you obviously don't know enough to size them yourself. Its not something you should be asking any tom dick and harry over the net as you do not know who they are or what knowledge they posess. Please go to someone who is recommended by other forum users with tuned cars or to a reputed tuner.

i know that a 400cc will flow enough for 400bhp but you need to over spec so you dont run lean , so if i want 400bhp , i would need 550cc etc

t5 pete
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:54
best thing to do lee is deffinatly find a turbo what your going to fit and then you can start buying parts around that and also find a tuner and stick to the same one and ask them what size injectors they would like you to fit etc

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 21:59
best thing to do lee is deffinatly find a turbo what your going to fit and then you can start buying parts around that and also find a tuner and stick to the same one and ask them what size injectors they would like you to fit etc

you know any good 1s local to us m8

t5 pete
Friday 2nd April 2010, 22:09
Theres a few tuners you will find some pople like certain ones and other dont but thats just life. theres not many around our way 3 off the top off my head are russ at rt, mte, hlm all should be albe to do custom tunes.
The best thing to do is speak to all three and then make your mind up with me going for a standalone im going to see russ as he has a full standalone on his 850 like what im going to do with the 240 so we have something in common in what were doing.

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 22:54
Theres a few tuners you will find some pople like certain ones and other dont but thats just life. theres not many around our way 3 off the top off my head are russ at rt, mte, hlm all should be albe to do custom tunes.
The best thing to do is speak to all three and then make your mind up with me going for a standalone im going to see russ as he has a full standalone on his 850 like what im going to do with the 240 so we have something in common in what were doing.

where is mte m8

t5 pete
Friday 2nd April 2010, 23:00
i think the best person to contact is don at kalmar union as im sure the bloke is called marko and lives out of the country

leet5r
Friday 2nd April 2010, 23:06
i think the best person to contact is don at kalmar union as im sure the bloke is called marko and lives out of the country

are that fella , was on the phone to you about him bud lol , al pm ya

Alan M
Saturday 3rd April 2010, 16:22
i know that a 400cc will flow enough for 400bhp but you need to over spec so you dont run lean , so if i want 400bhp , i would need 550cc etc

Its not that simple. You need to factor in all the states of flow within which the injector operates.