PDA

View Full Version : warning light

wellsy
Saturday 25th June 2005, 17:03
hi i went shopping earlier on and when i returned to the car there was a puddle of water underneath i could not see where it was coming from so had to call the aa , it turned out to be a loose hose clip but the aa guy undone the air intake for the turbo from the airbox end to get to the jubilee clip and had the car running for a minute to check the leak had stopped which it had .but when i drove off there was a light on the dash a orange background with a sort of triangle in the middle .can anyone tell me what this light means the car is going ok is it safe to drive will i have to get this turned off by a dealer .
thanks for any help anyone can give
cheers wellsy.

siamblue
Saturday 25th June 2005, 17:42
Wellsy that's the Lambda light, Take the yellow fuse out for about 30 seconds, It's in the engine bay behind the maf, Triangular box, Think its the furthest Yellow fuse,

Gary

vt5
Saturday 25th June 2005, 18:50
It will probably reset itself after about 50 miles driving if you dont bother with the fuse bit.

Simplifying it a bit, it comes on if your engine is not running at optimum efficiency, fuel / air / exhaust emissions wise

Ive just got mine sorted but i had a couple of faulty parts to replace, yours is probably just having a flutter and will no doubt clear itself. :)

vt5
Saturday 25th June 2005, 18:58
Just to add, on the safe to drive bit, generally dash lights work like this

Green lights usually tell you ancilliaries are turned on,
Orange lights tell you that something needs to be checked
Red lights mean something aint right and the car may not be safe to drive without damaging something.

There are exceptions to the above, but in my experience they tend to be this way.

My Lambda light went off yesterday after 1.5 years and 30K miles. (not a good idea to leave it that long)

wellsy
Saturday 25th June 2005, 19:05
thanks for the replys i must be blind cant see the fuse is it in the main box or seperate ?
the light has only come on after the air pipe was taken off for a couple of mins so hopefully after a drive it will settle down again .
thanks again for the replys much appreciated
cheers wellsy

M44K TS
Saturday 25th June 2005, 19:32
was the eninge running with any pipes off or when he was messing about with the airbox, mine came on when i forgot to reconnect the pipe from the airbox, went off after about 10 mins of driving though

wellsy
Saturday 25th June 2005, 19:35
yeah the car was running with the main air pipe from the airbox taken off the one from the maf though it did'nt like it and stopped after a few moments.

wellsy
Tuesday 5th July 2005, 18:47
the light went off over the weekend will the car be ok now or do i should i still get it checked ,the car is running fine so im hoping it has cleared it self .
thanks wellsy