PDA

View Full Version : i know its gonna have been asked before... but..:)

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:05
a little help please..

Looking at purchasing a V70 T5

apparently the engine has been changed to the T5r engine..

how much difference is there (what power would i expect to run)

also any ideas how much a remap at sw autos would cost.. and power gains (for the t5 and t5r depending on what engine it does have)

last but not least rough price i should pay for cambelt?
Many thanks

p.s. i miss my c70 hence why i'm back :) but now have a German shepard X great dane hance the need for a V70

pete

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:10
There is no mechanical difference between the T5 and the T-5R engine, the difference in ouput was down to the ECU, that said depending on what year V70 your buying the turbo would have been different.

When you say price for a cambelt do you mean fitted or just supplied?.

Clan998
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:16
a little help please..

Looking at purchasing a V70 T5

apparently the engine has been changed to the T5r engine..

how much difference is there (what power would i expect to run)

also any ideas how much a remap at sw autos would cost.. and power gains (for the t5 and t5r depending on what engine it does have)

last but not least rough price i should pay for cambelt?
Many thanks

p.s. i miss my c70 hence why i'm back :) but now have a German shepard X great dane hance the need for a V70

pete

Ive pm'd you

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:18
supplied and fitted...
and apparently its has the turbo changed to teh t5r one....

cheers

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:24
If it's had the T5-R engine fitted but it's currently running the V70 ecu then the engine will be running at standard T5 power output. Once remapped they all put out the same amount anyway so it matters not wether it's an R engine.

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:44
okay... what sort of power do they run when remapped??

cheers

p fandango
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 17:46
both the T-5 & T-5R had 15g turbo's

sebasteeno
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:08
Be very careful if the car has had an engine swap. I recently bought a V70 T5(240bhp) which had had an engine swap. After much investigation it turned out it had an 850 T5 (225bhp) engine fitted which meant it had also had lots of other bits changed like drive shafts, hubs plus whatever else. There was numerous problems in sourcing parts as you give them your reg or chassis number and they dont tally to the new engine. Anyway quite quickly i realised that i was opening a massive can of worms so got rid sharpish.

When selling i was then being asked if the new engine was on the V5 etc which was another issue as it wasnt. So unless you know what your letting yourself in for then id say keep away.

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:38
how can you tell the difference between the eingines
??

cheers

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:43
its this one i am looking at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280482100011&_trksid=p2759.l1259

cheers

p.s. (please don't bid against me) :)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:46
The T5R turbo is a 15g the V70 turbo is a 16T so theorectically he's downgraded rather than upgraded.

As has been said its the ecu that provided the extra boost not the turbo.

The standard output for a V70 is 240bhp. Standard for the T5R is also 240bhp.

Once mapped they will produce nigh on the same figures but the delivery will be completely different between the two turbo's.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:48
In fact I wouldn't pay anymore for it than its already at with the issues it has (you also have to wonder why the engine has been replaced as they are generally pretty bulletproof)

But hey, thats just me :)

PNuT
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 18:51
The T5R turbo is a 15g the V70 turbo is a 16T so theorectically he's downgraded rather than upgraded.

As has been said its the ecu that provided the extra boost not the turbo.

The standard output for a V70 is 240bhp. Standard for the T5R is also 240bhp.

Once mapped they will produce nigh on the same figures but the delivery will be completely different between the two turbo's.

it could be from an R rather than a t5-r..... job to tell really

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 19:29
In fact I wouldn't pay anymore for it than its already at with the issues it has (you also have to wonder why the engine has been replaced as they are generally pretty bulletproof)

really.. thought it would be worth around 1K..
did not really think it had "problems" ??

cheers

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 19:38
really.. thought it would be worth around 1K..
did not really think it had "problems" ??

cheers

Tis just my opinion but you've got the traditional oil return seal oil leak, no leather, a dodgy repair for a chunk of rust, the wrong engine, the mileage cant be verified for the last 4 years and no idea whether the cambelt has been replaced.

You can get a really nice example for £1500 so I'd not be wanting to spend a grand on this one :)

sebasteeno
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 19:54

Id pay £750 tops for that but beware, cheap T5s are cheap for a reason. My current T5 was 'won' on ebay six months ago for just under £900. It then needed the same amount spending on it within the first month to make it safe and driveable. Saying that there are good cheap ones available if you look hard enough but i dont think this is one of them. Sorry.

Pistol Pete
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 20:20
okay thanks guys.. ill avoid.. cheers
pete

sebasteeno
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 14:50
Still going for it then Pete?

I reckon it wont go for much more than whats it currently at. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate.

sebasteeno
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 18:15
So did you win it?

Pistol Pete
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 18:46
well i had a chat with SW who had the car in few weeks ago for the mot and went through it all with me..

and i got it for 720 quid...
and it is the right engine for the car.. he confirmed it so pleased with that..
also said that it had some work done in the not so distant past prob for last mot as is in new suspension arms etc..
said it was a good solid car and if he priced it.. it would have been around the 1100 mark

so i will get teh odd bits done.. hopefully wiill be a good car.. you will see me back round here now :) :)

a very happy pete
:)

Vikingxl
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 18:46
I would stay well away there are loads of cheap t5s out there without all these complications save your money and save the headache

Vikingxl
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 18:47
I would stay well away there are loads of cheap t5s out there without all these complications save your money and save the headache

Lol well luckily no one listens to me anyway

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 18:55
well i had a chat with SW who had the car in few weeks ago for the mot and went through it all with me..

also said that it had some work done in the not so distant past prob for last mot as is in new suspension arms etc..
said it was a good solid car and if he priced it.. it would have been around the 1100 mark

so i will get teh odd bits done.. hopefully wiill be a good car.. you will see me back round here now :) :)

a very happy pete

Fngers crossed its a good one :D All being well you'll have many happy miles ahead!

Lol well luckily no one listens to me anyway

:troutslap lol

Pistol Pete
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 19:04
yeah lets hope so..
gonna get it home.. give a good look over...
then get cam belt done and other bits checked over.. time will tell..
i have not had much luck recently hopefully this will turn it around

Pistol Pete
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 19:04
do these all have xeonon headlamps?? or was it just my c70...

just wondering if this will?

sebasteeno
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 19:16
Nice one. When you picking it up?

a very happy pete

Pistol Pete
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 19:28
just waiting for the guy to get back... either 2morrow morning or friday after work... about 4 ish..
but really wanna get it 2morrow..
i am so impatient

luckily its only 20mins up the road :)
ill get some decent pics up then