PDA

View Full Version : The last straw...

Arnie T5
Monday 29th March 2010, 21:47
That's it then, car booked into RT Mech next tues. Let's hope that they can sort out my suspension rattle and loss of boost pressure. If not, its torch time LOL

Not sure whats happening, changed the front struts, wishbones, lower ball joints, drop links, strut top mounts, track rod ends. arrrgg what else.

And as for the power loss, just spennt £850 at local Volvo dealer for new ETM and o2 sensor.

This car is killing me ..... BTW V70 T5, 2000W P2 Man

Flatout Phil
Monday 29th March 2010, 21:56
Rattling brake pads or a loose bonnet - Volvos are rattly bu@@ers :smile:

Crazy_C
Monday 29th March 2010, 22:48
Rattling brake pads or a loose bonnet - Volvos are rattly bu@@ers :smile:
Too bloody right they are!! Of all the cars I've owned, I've never had anything that rattles as much as the Volvo!!

Fingers crossed for her man :D Hope the costing stops soon for you!

Arnie T5
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:08
Thanks guys, the rattle that is really getting to me started when I changed the front struts, I ordered Boge/Sachs from GSF and when they arrived, they were Transtech or something, anyhow fitted them and felt tighter but this annoying rattle feels like soemthing resonating, does it both sides. I have looked ate everything under there and I cannot see what it is, so over to the pros.

As for the loss of turbo pressure, going to call the main dealer that did the recent work, will let you know how I get on

Flatout Phil
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:11
Too bloody right they are!! Of all the cars I've owned, I've never had anything that rattles as much as the Volvo!!

Mind you, with the butt-busting suspension set-up, it is amazing the thing doesn't hae bits dropping off as I go down the road.

t5_monkey
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:23
I'm still recovering from driving down a cobbled street on Sunday... Got an appointment with the chiropractor booked in!

Arnie T5
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:40
I seem to spend my time dodging potholes, already trashed one alloy, 17" sentinel, not the easiest to find. Managed to get one on German ebay new for £100.

Plodmonkey
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:44

Buy a saxo

Arnie T5
Monday 29th March 2010, 23:51
Buy a Saxo LOFL

The problem is when this car is working well, I love it. It is practical and comfortable on a long run and perfect for towinga a caravan. Tyre wear is high 5000 miles out of my last pair of Potenza RE050's, gone back to P Zero's as I get about 9000 from them and they are just amazing in the wet.

If I can have my 250Hp back and lose the rattles, I will be happy

thebadger
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 00:10
I found a bolt missing on a plate which routes pipes & hoses round the lower rear drivers side corner of the engine.

Small plate about the size of a fist.

This would be one of my rattles!

Liddo
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 10:59
Did you have to remove the calipers when you swapped the struts??

My old 850 used to rattle like mad, and it turned out to be the brake pads and shims. Try some copper grease on the pads, and make sure the tension springs are tight.

Good luck

woking rob
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 11:14
i can tell ur all old lol does the rattle stop it driving as fun? if not dont worry turn the radio up as for the boost u gotta fix that thats y i have a volvo

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 31st March 2010, 16:45
Mine's going in tomorrow for a rattle. Hope it's the ball joint

Nope it's not. Next try is lower arm