PDA

View Full Version : Apparently a strut brace won't fit my car!!

Bison
Friday 24th June 2005, 23:11
Got a phone call from Volvo today, they said because I have an ABS unit attached to where the strut brace attaches It will not fit my vehicle, Does any one else have this ABS unit in the way? Car is a 1995 M. Can it be moved? I really want the brace!!

Bison

dicky b t5
Friday 24th June 2005, 23:32
Got a phone call from Volvo today, they said because I have an ABS unit attached to where the strut brace attaches It will not fit my vehicle, Does any one else have this ABS unit in the way? Car is a 1995 M. Can it be moved? I really want the brace!!

Bison
Is the ABS unit on a bracket , If so you can fit the brace on first then put the ABS unit on top . Some cars have a fuse box on a bracket fitted on top of the strut and you do the same with this .(this is in the instructions that come with the brace)...

spesh
Saturday 25th June 2005, 00:37
Mine got moved!!!!!!!!! :)

siamblue
Saturday 25th June 2005, 00:37
One of the guys at the Essex meet on Wednesday had a similar problem with his strut brace, It was touching the Master cylinder, Compared it on another T5R and there was a inch gap, But you could see that the 2 M/Cylinders were different,

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 25th June 2005, 02:00
I think I've saved the instructions somewhere formine....Let me know if you want a copy and I'll scan it at work on Monday........

wide-eyed-boy
Saturday 25th June 2005, 20:43
Bison,
Mine's a 95 M too, and I managed to fit the strut brace, like dicky b says, just put the bracket on top of the brace - job jobbed.

pzorb
Saturday 25th June 2005, 21:05
My '96 had no problems with it, I include a picture - hopefully you can spot the differences and see? I can take a few more from other angles if that helps?

http://www.pzorb.com/albums/Volvo/dsc00010.thumb.jpg (http://www.pzorb.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Volvo&id=dsc00010)

Martin

splatt
Saturday 25th June 2005, 21:17
One of the guys at the Essex meet on Wednesday had a similar problem with his strut brace, It was touching the Master cylinder, Compared it on another T5R and there was a inch gap, But you could see that the 2 M/Cylinders were different,
Am wondering if there is a difference between the T5 and T-5R cylinder/Servo?
The brace was 'just' touching the reservoir on the T5 but there was a gap on mine.
Andrew Matt....what about yours?