PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase Pressure

Jamest5r
Sunday 28th March 2010, 16:11
Im getting excessive crank pressure smoke out off dip stick and burning oil on idle so oil is coming in somewhere, ive had the inlet mani off 3 times in the last 2wks checking and cleaning pcv, pipes and holes in block all is clear, also running a catch tank which is working fine, also changed the i/c for one that ive cleaned, any ideas/advice welcome

Cheers

Tomcat
Sunday 28th March 2010, 16:13
When you did the pcv how bad was it?, I mean was it really gummed up?, did you clean the holes in the block out properly (like with a piece of wire). If your still getting smoke out the dipstick then you still have a blockage somewhere.

Alan M
Sunday 28th March 2010, 16:21
Are you running the vent to atmosphere or to the maf pipe (from the catch can)? Its meant to be kept in a vacuum state via the maf to turbo pipe. Excess pressure can be caused from the vent to atmosphere but not all our cars suffer as much as some of the others when vented to atmosphere.

Jamest5r
Sunday 28th March 2010, 16:24
Venting to atmoshere, have got the pipework by the ptc blocked off is this correct?? and why would i be burning oil on idle?? cheers alan, this is the same system i was running before my conversion