PDA

View Full Version : T5 Engine query

b7yen
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:22
I need to find a decent T5 engine and box to upgrade my motor i was lead to believe it was a real 2.4t but after some digging the dealer is wrong. Hamish has reliably informed me it is only a 2l. this would explain the problems.

I am guessing the best engine is the 2.4T from a 2001 onward as my car has the electronic throttle and so on. Im also thinking ill need to replace the ECU...

What is my best option! Has anyone ever done this? Any advice?

________
Housewives Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/housewives/)

Loadsamiles
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:51
Ermm you can't replace an ecu on a phase 2 car

you're going to be getting into the realms of serious custom tuning by somebody who knows ME7 well enough.

thebadger
Sunday 28th March 2010, 00:00
If it's only a 2ltr, then I would advise hunting down whoever sold you it if they said it was a T5.

Not very good.

Swapping one of the engines out will cost more than the car as there are lots of electrical issues to deal with.

cookie
Sunday 28th March 2010, 09:26
What does receipt say, did you not test drive B4 Buying, Personally best bet is to take it back, However if you got it from PGI then good luck.

As the badger has said, different engine aint worth value of car, it would be cheaper to sell car, and buying different car, anything post 1999 all electrics are locked to car, so it would be case of finding a doner car (Clocks, Alarm, Modules, many of switches etc would be needed), and someone very experienced in custom tuning ME7's

shemtek_racing
Sunday 28th March 2010, 09:41
theres only a few locked items, heater panales will swap between cars but may need a software update/download. the clocks can be changed car to car. if you got an early t5 engine the sensors from your 2litre may fit it and then (what i would be concerened about most) see about forcing a t5 map onto your ecu. i have no idea if its possible

if it is id check the 2.0 T driveshafts are the same as t5's as they wont last long lol

Wombatbomb
Sunday 28th March 2010, 10:17
The 2.4T and the 2.4 T5 are different engines. The C70 (all the way until 2005) uses the 2314cc T5 from the P1 cars, it was also available with the basic 2.4T (170bhp???), it never came with the bigger T5 lump.

TUCL
Sunday 28th March 2010, 14:38
Your best bet is to phone trading standards as you can argue the case of false advertising which does warrant a full refund.