PDA

View Full Version : awd 850

woking rob
Saturday 27th March 2010, 21:44
wot is the diffrence in floor pans betwine a fwd and awd?
thank u rob

p fandango
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:18
i don't think theirs much floor difference between the 2, i've looked on vadis & both diagrams are the same but do have different part numbers for some things within the floor pan. The AWD also has a difference fuel tank set-up & uses 2 smaller tanks

http://xs.to/image-79ED_4BAE8290.jpg

http://xs.to/image-F26D_4BAE8290.jpg

i did think about converting BT to an AWD (as they never did a 854 AWD) but thought it would be a lot of hassle

woking rob
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:31
i was thinking out side the box once again lol
2 bike engines 4wd lol

p fandango
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:34
i was thinking out side the box once again lol
2 bike engines 4wd lol
i'd of thought you'd be better off getting another T-5 front-end & mounting the subframe/engine/running gear in the back. 2 x T-5 engines, AWD but both running seperate, & being really clever you could turn the front engine off & leave it in neutral if you wanted to have a play in a RWD

woking rob
Saturday 27th March 2010, 22:39
thought about that but i was gonna try keep the seats but some1 else saying it does sound good

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th March 2010, 23:11
There was a golf at York last year with two 5 cly audi engine's running 11secs really nice car

woking rob
Saturday 27th March 2010, 23:21
do u think i could keep the the seats iv got a 855 estate

Jamest5r
Saturday 27th March 2010, 23:26

I think your having a laugh mate pass the spliff on you been hogging it :sick: lol

shemtek_racing
Sunday 28th March 2010, 09:49

try it and let us know

woking rob
Sunday 28th March 2010, 11:49
nah the diff needs to b on the front of the box to keep the seats just black out the windows so no on knows

woking rob
Monday 29th March 2010, 20:24
i was thinking of gettin a second t5 cutting the front off of it taking all the wings but leaving the i nner wings and stuff to hold it rigid cutting the boot out of mine even inner wings and stuff and just put it in the right place and welding it up

p fandango
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 06:08
i was thinking of gettin a second t5 cutting the front off of it taking all the wings but leaving the i nner wings and stuff to hold it rigid cutting the boot out of mine even inner wings and stuff and just put it in the right place and welding it up
thats what i meant to do in my first reply, don't forget to weld the steering inless you can run both rack off the one pump so has got 4 wheel steering

woking rob
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 09:09
yeah i will take the rack out of the rear and put sone rose jointed rods in so i will have ajustible toe in/out on the back and as i will have front set up at the back i can get coilovers all round the hardest think i can see at the mo is the gear linkige

p fandango
Tuesday 30th March 2010, 11:40
the hardest think i can see at the mo is the gear linkige
they use cables anyway so its just finding a way to run the 2 cables off the same lever